Borla S-Types - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #1
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Borla S-Types

I just needed a place to vent about how pumped I am that I just got 1 year old Borla S-Types for $250.

Putting them on tomorrow night.

Again, I apologize, I just needed somewhere to say "wheee!!!!" like a little girl.

Can't wait to see how these actually sound in person. Every YouTube video sounds different.
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have some on mine, they sound pretty good. I'm waiting to get some shorties and x pipe soon tho. Not quite late enough lol. Good luck!
Sgonza33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Let me know how they sound! I've been thinking of switching

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
fknjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

therr is never any good deals on used parts in northern california..

Sent from my SM-N900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
AznGuyNamedEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Sweet! Awesome deal!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I have some on mine as well. Bbk longtube headers bbk off road x pipe and borla stingers. Love the way it sounds. As much as I don't want to change it I have to get rid of the longtubes for the turbo
Raeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Were you the guy that wanted to get the ones posted near Virginia Beach a few months back that I managed to snag for $250? If so, congrats on finally finding some! lol
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Picked up a pair a few days ago, very surprised in the change of sound (coming from roush axlebacks) not as loud, much throatier throughout the entire rpm band. No drone or rasp, great sounding exhaust. Have bbk shorties with an Offroad H pipe in the closet, hoping it changes the sound even more.
RomanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanG View Post
Picked up a pair a few days ago, very surprised in the change of sound (coming from roush axlebacks) not as loud, much throatier throughout the entire rpm band. No drone or rasp, great sounding exhaust. Have bbk shorties with an Offroad H pipe in the closet, hoping it changes the sound even more.
Offroad h will definitely make it louder. Might have some drone but it will be worth it
Raeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:29 AM   #10
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Were you the guy that wanted to get the ones posted near Virginia Beach a few months back that I managed to snag for $250? If so, congrats on finally finding some! lol

Haha yes!

I got a second chance lol
Old 11-13-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Damn. I have been looking for used s-types everywhere!! Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JR4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Haha yes!

I got a second chance lol
Were they from craigslist in an ad that was also selling bbk catted x pipe and some other exhaust stuff?
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #13
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Were they from craigslist in an ad that was also selling bbk catted x pipe and some other exhaust stuff?

This guy was only selling the borlas. He was in Jackson, NJ.

I didn't want to post until I had them. I didn't want any vultures swooping in haha.

At first I thought it was too good to be true and that he was going to lure me there to mug me or rape me or something. $250 for brand new looking Borla s-types. He was a good guy. Just traded in his 6er for the new EB Mustang.

But holy futtbuck these are awesome.

It was a real pain in the *** getting my old ones off because the over axle pipe kind of rust welded to the muffler inlet where they connect. After using every curse word I knew and making up a few curse words, I finally got stupid and stomped the tip of the muffler and it broke free. Hallelujah. I ran out of ideas. This time violence was the answer.

The first time I changed my mufflers was before it had seen winter or salt, so the first time was a lot easier. The OEM mufflers from the manual weigh 1 metric ****-ton. They are friggen heavy.

I haven't been able to stop grinning since I started the car for the first time with them on.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:06 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Invest in a pair of $12 exhaust pliars. I may have only used mine once but they are handy! Pop those little buggers out like nothing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:

I didn't want to post until I had them. I didn't want any vultures swooping in haha.

At first I thought it was too good to be true and that he was going to lure me there to mug me or rape me or something. $250 for brand new looking Borla s-types. He was a good guy. Just traded in his 6er for the new EB Mustang.

It was a real pain in the *** getting my old ones off because the over axle pipe kind of rust welded to the muffler inlet where they connect. After using every curse word I knew and making up a few curse words, I finally got stupid and stomped the tip of the muffler and it broke free. Hallelujah. I ran out of ideas. This time violence was the answer.

The first time I changed my mufflers was before it had seen winter or salt, so the first time was a lot easier. The OEM mufflers from the manual weigh 1 metric ****-ton. They are friggen heavy.

I haven't been able to stop grinning since I started the car for the first time with them on.

What were the mufflers you replaced?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:46 AM   #16
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Well I have an auto and I switched to the mufflers that came with the manual transmission version.

So my axle back history is: auto trans OEM, manual trans OEM, Borla S-Type.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Well I have an auto and I switched to the mufflers that came with the manual transmission version.

So my axle back history is: auto trans OEM, manual trans OEM, Borla S-Type.

Next step is Roush.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #18
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysh View Post
Next step is Roush.

Lol the Roush is a bit much for my taste.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #19
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
If you sell my old OEM's I'd like to know what you get for them.

I got my Bassainis for $250 (or so)
Old 11-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #20
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
If you sell my old OEM's I'd like to know what you get for them.

I got my Bassainis for $250 (or so)

Will do.

I'll probably throw them up here and Craigslist.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

omfg i'm so mad. i live in brick. WHY DIDN'T I FIND THIS!??!?!
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Was his name Keith?! I guess I was trying to get buy the exact same borlas that you have right now, but he never got back to me.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:22 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Yupp I got the S type Catbacks thought and couldn't be happier.
Although I met someone on the freeway side by side with the ATAKs and we revved the cars side by side and man do I wish I saved up for that one
It was just a more aggressive feel than mine but who am I to say?
Maybe he was thinking the same about my exhaust

Deep impact blue, borla S type catback
Ddemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
btw vig, i pmed you

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #25
Kevin.Cook

Congrats. When I first put mine on, I thought it sounded a little ricer. I took it on the back roads and really opened up the throttle and took it over 100 mph a few times to break in the mufflers. They sound better now. May be the same for others.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #26
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
omfg i'm so mad. i live in brick. WHY DIDN'T I FIND THIS!??!?!

Lol I was in the same boat about 4 months ago! A guy was selling his stype axle back for $250 on CL and I was ready to buy it, but he posted in the wrong city. I was so bummed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Was his name Keith?! I guess I was trying to get buy the exact same borlas that you have right now, but he never got back to me.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

Yep, that's the guy! He was kind of tough to get a hold of at times, but we finally met up. He works from 5pm-5am so it took some coordinating.

He said I was the first to contact him so he gave me first dibs. I got lucky bro.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:28 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Lol I was in the same boat about 4 months ago! A guy was selling his stype axle back for $250 on CL and I was ready to buy it, but he posted in the wrong city. I was so bummed.

Yep, that's the guy! He was kind of tough to get a hold of at times, but we finally met up. He works from 5pm-5am so it took some coordinating.

He said I was the first to contact him so he gave me first dibs. I got lucky bro.
Congrats bro! I found another pair in Atlanta with less than 2k miles on it and got it for $220 bucks shipped. Seems like a couple weeks of wait saved me 70ish afterall haha. They will be here Tuesday, can't wait to put em on!

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang