Deep and throaty - Chambered or a turbo style muffler? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Deep and throaty - Chambered or a turbo style muffler?

Hey felahs. I'm doing a custom exhaust setup. After much of a debate, I have ordered 2.5" flowtech afterburner mufflers- they're chambered and do not drone). Supposedly. I have also purchased resonated tips to go with it.

Lately people who I have been talking to have suggested that a chambered design will have a 'metallic sound' to it, more like metallic/crisp/sharp roar without a deep hmmm.. while turbo style mufflers are quiter. I know that borla s types are turbo, while Ataks are chambered. So are Flowmaster force 2. And these chambered ones sound good on you tube.

I haven't had any luck with sound clips of these mufflers particularly on a mustang, but other vehicles with a v6 engine. I have a clip attached with post, and it honestly sounds like a truck with an exhaust note I described above. I'm just curious if it's going to sound similar on our mustangs? As in the chambered mufflers in general, or should I stick to turbo style? All I need is need is something a bit deep, and throaty. A muffler that is slightly louder than gt500 exhaust that I have right now. I'm bit broke to spend $700 (canadian) on a Borla lol

Ford Bronco V6 with Flowtech Afterburner - YouTube

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I have no idea what the GT 500 mufflers sound like on the V6...chances are i may have heard it and didnt like it (seeing as i dont have them on mine) I will say that depending what you end up doing to your car later your exhaust WILL change a bit. Now heres my experience with mufflers and exhausts. I have personaly just stuck with Turbo stylle mufflers. They give you a louder than stock exhaust note while also adding a finer, deeper "power" sound. I had it on my old Hyundai and even with a straight through (no cats, 18" resonator) car sounded like an early 2000s BMW rather than a riced out fart can.

On my Mustang as you may know i have the Gt H pipe, BBK shortie headers, and Magnaflow Street axel backs. Honestly i have not heard another V6 with as deep of an exhaust...dont believe me ask Shunc01...hes ridden in my car and heard it in person numerous times. Point i guess im trying to get at is if you want deep...go with a slightly bigger overall exhaust (2.5"-2.75" and yes the larger piping will lower your power a bit if you change the overaxel pipes, but its not a significant amount that a street car like yours will hurt from) and use a turbo muffler design or something that has high note deadening material along with a resonator of some sort to fine tune it ( eliminate popping and whatever rasp may be present.) I spent over $700 trying to make my Hyundai sound just right before i figured it out. (most 4 banger drivers seem to like the sorry excuse for "anal leakage" they call an exhaust sound). Basanis are also a great exhaust...i would have those on right now if i found someone to trade me for my Magnaflows but that was all I could find for $350 at the time and just stuck with them.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I have no idea what the GT 500 mufflers sound like on the V6...chances are i may have heard it and didnt like it (seeing as i dont have them on mine) I will say that depending what you end up doing to your car later your exhaust WILL change a bit. Now heres my experience with mufflers and exhausts. I have personaly just stuck with Turbo stylle mufflers. They give you a louder than stock exhaust note while also adding a finer, deeper "power" sound. I had it on my old Hyundai and even with a straight through (no cats, 18" resonator) car sounded like an early 2000s BMW rather than a riced out fart can.

On my Mustang as you may know i have the Gt H pipe, BBK shortie headers, and Magnaflow Street axel backs. Honestly i have not heard another V6 with as deep of an exhaust...dont believe me ask Shunc01...hes ridden in my car and heard it in person numerous times. Point i guess im trying to get at is if you want deep...go with a slightly bigger overall exhaust (2.5"-2.75" and yes the larger piping will lower your power a bit if you change the overaxel pipes, but its not a significant amount that a street car like yours will hurt from) and use a turbo muffler design or something that has high note deadening material along with a resonator of some sort to fine tune it ( eliminate popping and whatever rasp may be present.) I spent over $700 trying to make my Hyundai sound just right before i figured it out. (most 4 banger drivers seem to like the sorry excuse for "anal leakage" they call an exhaust sound). Basanis are also a great exhaust...i would have those on right now if i found someone to trade me for my Magnaflows but that was all I could find for $350 at the time and just stuck with them.

Or go with borla s type lol...

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Obviously we need to have a video exhaust showdown between Fintile and shunc01!
Old 11-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
Obviously we need to have a video exhaust showdown between Fintile and shunc01!
I'm down... Fintile where you at..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You're right Finitile, exhausts do change their note. My GT500 mufflers had a nice note in the beginning when I put them on. Good idle, and sort of an high end import them note when I stepped on it. However, they sort of mellowed out with time (to an extend or maybe I got used to it?). So I removed my stock resonators hoping that my exhaust will get louder. Umm it did (well sort of, nothing too significant though). BUT it had horrible rasp and tin can popping coming out it, each time I stepped on it and let go of gas.

I didn't save my stock resonators, looked around and found a set from GT. They're slightly bigger than our v6 version. Well now that I have these on, my gt500 mufflers sound almost like stock manual mufflers. Maybe just a tad bit louder/deep but thats about it. They don't have that import roar at WOT I was talking about.

I can't find a universal turbo style muffler that is loud/aggressive. Which ones did you use on your Hyundai? Dynomax super turbo/ultraflows, Summit turbo, Thrush welded, Thrush turbo, borla pro xs etc have mellow sound. I haven't touched my flowtech afterburners (chambered) yet, they're still in original packaging in case I need to return them. However, since the GT resonators have made my GT500 mufflers slightly deeper and mellow, I am curious if chambered mufflers are going to sound deep? Given that I am also going to pair them with resonated tips.

PS: ShunC and everyone else- I have found a set of Borla S types on craigslist. Hands down they sound awesome. But as I have 2 questions:

1) Are they 'significantly' louder than GT500 mufflers? Would these be slightly mellow/quiet given that I have GT resonators?

2) Lets say if I get rid of resonators (I still have stock cats and mid pipe), would these be raspy under WOT and have annoying pop corn crackle each time I let go off gas after WOT?
Old 11-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
You're right Finitile, exhausts do change their note. My GT500 mufflers had a nice note in the beginning when I put them on. Good idle, and sort of an high end import them note when I stepped on it. However, they sort of mellowed out with time (to an extend or maybe I got used to it?). So I removed my stock resonators hoping that my exhaust will get louder. Umm it did (well sort of, nothing too significant though). BUT it had horrible rasp and tin can popping coming out it, each time I stepped on it and let go of gas.

I didn't save my stock resonators, looked around and found a set from GT. They're slightly bigger than our v6 version. Well now that I have these on, my gt500 mufflers sound almost like stock manual mufflers. Maybe just a tad bit louder/deep but thats about it. They don't have that import roar at WOT I was talking about.

I can't find a universal turbo style muffler that is loud/aggressive. Which ones did you use on your Hyundai? Dynomax super turbo/ultraflows, Summit turbo, Thrush welded, Thrush turbo, borla pro xs etc have mellow sound. I haven't touched my flowtech afterburners (chambered) yet, they're still in original packaging in case I need to return them. However, since the GT resonators have made my GT500 mufflers slightly deeper and mellow, I am curious if chambered mufflers are going to sound deep? Given that I am also going to pair them with resonated tips.

PS: ShunC and everyone else- I have found a set of Borla S types on craigslist. Hands down they sound awesome. But as I have 2 questions:

1) Are they 'significantly' louder than GT500 mufflers? Would these be slightly mellow/quiet given that I have GT resonators?

I had the s type now with 3000 miles on it.. And the sound definitely changed from an import sound to a more rumble in it and definitely louder than my touring and some people say the Touring is more likely sound the same as gt500.

2) Lets say if I get rid of resonators (I still have stock cats and mid pipe), would these be raspy under WOT and have annoying pop corn crackle each time I let go off gas after WOT?
I can answer this after the weather changed her in new England and when I put it into sport mode with manual shifting and when you down shift you can hear the loud pop which I like. Funny thing is this popping sound happened after I got the revised tune from Mpt. I don't know if it's the weather or my tune. Anyways I like it even more.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

bazinga, where did you place the GT resonators? In the GT location or the V6 location?
Old 11-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

With my revised tune my popping has gone down
Old 11-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I can answer this after the weather changed her in new England and when I put it into sport mode with manual shifting and when you down shift you can hear the loud pop which I like. Funny thing is this popping sound happened after I got the revised tune from Mpt. I don't know if it's the weather or my tune. Anyways I like it even more.

I still have popping noise, but it's pretty mellow. Barely noticeable, unlike when I didn't have any resonators. It was crisp tin can popping rasp.

Quote:
bazinga, where did you place the GT resonators? In the GT location or the V6 location?

I put em right where my V6 resonators were. GT ones are couple inches longer and are chubby. Much like dynomax race bullets I guess. Man I have spent way too much money in labor to modify my exhaust lol

Quote:
With my revised tune my popping has gone down
Is it the BAMA tune you're talking about? Also, what turbo style mufflers would you suggest? Do you have happen to know which ones sound aggressive? I'm looking for universal mufflers, kits are way too overpriced for what you get imo.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 11-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

The S-type will be significantly louder than the GT500.
As for the popping between shifts mine did this with the stock exhaust and stock tune, it just sounds better going through the Shorties, Cut and Clamp X-Pipe and the Borla Touring
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #12

Region: Virginia
Bassani

Dude, I had a 2010 v6 Mustang. It looked pretty cool, but it wasn't anything but a baseline v6. I looked for a couple of months for the perfect exhaust package. And in my opinion, the bassani v6 package sounded the best. After I had it installed I had absolutely no regrets. The sound was perfect. It costs a bit more than flowmaster, or magnaflow, or whatever. But it was well worth the price.

100613mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100613mat View Post
Dude, I had a 2010 v6 Mustang. It looked pretty cool, but it wasn't anything but a baseline v6. I looked for a couple of months for the perfect exhaust package. And in my opinion, the bassani v6 package sounded the best. After I had it installed I had absolutely no regrets. The sound was perfect. It costs a bit more than flowmaster, or magnaflow, or whatever. But it was well worth the price.

That's a 4.0 vs 3.7. Can't compare sound between the two.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
The S-type will be significantly louder than the GT500.
As for the popping between shifts mine did this with the stock exhaust and stock tune, it just sounds better going through the Shorties, Cut and Clamp X-Pipe and the Borla Touring
Perfect thanks, i have actually found a pair of Used S types. I guess I can live with popping noise, my only piss off is rasp/sharp metallic exhaust note at WOT.

And since I have GT resonators, I'm sure these S types are gonna be slightly quiter than normal. I am gonna get a custom h pipe fabbed to with them. The only question I still have - would they be raspy just like my gt500 mufflers if i get rid of resonators?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 11-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100613mat View Post
The Basani axel backs for the 3.7 are great too. I'm curently looking to trade my magnaflows for some.

Quote:
Perfect thanks, i have actually found a pair of Used S types. I guess I can live with popping noise, my only piss off is rasp/sharp metallic exhaust note at WOT.

And since I have GT resonators, I'm sure these S types are gonna be slightly quiter than normal. I am gonna get a custom h pipe fabbed to with them. The only question I still have - would they be raspy just like my gt500 mufflers if i get rid of resonators?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
S types will make your car sound more European. Deep and throaty is not quite how they work, but they do sound very nice. Again you'll spend more money getting a custom H pipe fabbed up then if you bought a used one or got a GT H. Resonators will mellow the sound it's hard to say if you will have rasp with resonators. I say while your getting it all done have the guy put blank pipes under in place of the resonators and see where it goes.
As a good example Shunc01 has them along with Mac Shortie headers and an X pipe. He's got no rasp at all, some slight popping but it's not noticable unless your really listening for it He's also an auto and the exhaust is just a little different, but in person he sounds like a Maserati or another. I prefer the more traditional muscle car sound...
Old 11-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The Basani axel backs for the 3.7 are great too. I'm curently looking to trade my magnaflows for some.

S types will make your car sound more European. Deep and throaty is not quite how they work, but they do sound very nice. Again you'll spend more money getting a custom H pipe fabbed up then if you bought a used one or got a GT H. Resonators will mellow the sound it's hard to say if you will have rasp with resonators. I say while your getting it all done have the guy put blank pipes under in place of the resonators and see where it goes.
As a good example Shunc01 has them along with Mac Shortie headers and an X pipe. He's got no rasp at all, some slight popping but it's not noticable unless your really listening for it He's also an auto and the exhaust is just a little different, but in person he sounds like a Maserati or another. I prefer the more traditional muscle car sound...
I remember you said your GT mid pipe didn't sound with stock header manifolds, until you got shorty headers. I have been dying to get them too, but at the same time I'm waiting to see if I can find good deal on a GT this winter. This is why I haven't installed any of my suspension and other driveability mods yet. They've been sitting in my garage since more than a month.

So Shunc doesn't have any resonators on this car? I have removed em once, and it made my car really raspy with gt500 mufflers. Hence why I'm curious if same is going to be true for s types.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 11-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

powerwhee had S-Types with no resonators for a time. He put in some glasspacks, but he may have some older videos. I don't remember much rasp, he does have BBK shorties though...
Old 11-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Bazinga11 -
That's right, I forgot you don't have headers on yet. If you are planing to get them then plan your exhaust for them. However any H pipe will get you a deeper tone than an X but again your axel backs will sound different.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

i have an x pipe, stock exhaust manifolds and cherry bomb extreme mufflers that i got on amazon for 25 dollars each. yes, 25. call me whatever you want but i LOVE the sound it makes and ive had countless people including roush and shelby owners tell me that my exhaust sounds spectatular! we have v6 engines. we wont sound like v8s no matter how hard we try..i know, its sad and it sucks. but closest you can get to a v8 sound is the bbk longtube ceramic headers (yes the metal material does matter!) an H pipe, and a chambered muffler or if youd like quieter, a turbo muffler.

im embracing my v6 tone and going with bbk shorty headers not longtubes mainly because longtubes are *sigh* illegal in california..

-Nicky Sheena Sixxer
xsixxerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsixxerx View Post
i have an x pipe, stock exhaust manifolds and cherry bomb extreme mufflers that i got on amazon for 25 dollars each. yes, 25. call me whatever you want but i LOVE the sound it makes and ive had countless people including roush and shelby owners tell me that my exhaust sounds spectatular! we have v6 engines. we wont sound like v8s no matter how hard we try..i know, its sad and it sucks. but closest you can get to a v8 sound is the bbk longtube ceramic headers (yes the metal material does matter!) an H pipe, and a chambered muffler or if youd like quieter, a turbo muffler.

im embracing my v6 tone and going with bbk shorty headers not longtubes mainly because longtubes are *sigh* illegal in california..

-Nicky Sheena Sixxer

Video??
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Video??
It's essentially a magnaflow competition minus the tips and bolt on capability.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
powerwhee had S-Types with no resonators for a time. He put in some glasspacks, but he may have some older videos. I don't remember much rasp, he does have BBK shorties though...
Did he remove his cats too? I'm guessing if you're going to replace your resonators with a pair of glasspacks (assuming everything else stays stock), your exhaust is gonna be much mellow than what it would be with stock resonators.

Quote:
Bazinga11 -
That's right, I forgot you don't have headers on yet. If you are planing to get them then plan your exhaust for them. However any H pipe will get you a deeper tone than an X but again your axel backs will sound different.

I definitely will, I'm gonna get shorties for sure if I stay with my v6 and get a procharger instead of a turbo. And maybe GT h pipe like you have, to go with my s types. Damn car mods loll

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsixxerx View Post

-Nicky Sheena Sixxer
Dude you're gonna love your exhaust even more with a pair of shorty headers! I guess your cherrybomb extremes are much like Flowmaster 10 series right? Do you have any drone/rasp or if you have resonators on atm?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 11-16-2014, 06:51 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Video??
+1
Plus I disagree completely about the LT, the give the car more of a NASCAR sound but nothing close to a V8 but if it's a soi d you like...good for you
Old 11-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey felahs. I'm doing a custom exhaust setup. After much of a debate, I have ordered 2.5" flowtech afterburner mufflers- they're chambered and do not drone). Supposedly. I have also purchased resonated tips to go with it.

Lately people who I have been talking to have suggested that a chambered design will have a 'metallic sound' to it, more like metallic/crisp/sharp roar without a deep hmmm.. while turbo style mufflers are quiter. I know that borla s types are turbo, while Ataks are chambered. So are Flowmaster force 2. And these chambered ones sound good on you tube.

I haven't had any luck with sound clips of these mufflers particularly on a mustang, but other vehicles with a v6 engine. I have a clip attached with post, and it honestly sounds like a truck with an exhaust note I described above. I'm just curious if it's going to sound similar on our mustangs? As in the chambered mufflers in general, or should I stick to turbo style? All I need is need is something a bit deep, and throaty. A muffler that is slightly louder than gt500 exhaust that I have right now. I'm bit broke to spend $700 (canadian) on a Borla lol

Ford Bronco V6 with Flowtech Afterburner - YouTube

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
A "Turbo" muffler IS a chambered Muffler.
Basically, anything round is almost certainly a resonator type muffler.
(like an old glass pack)

Anything OTHER than round is probably a chambered muffler.
There are a few exceptions to the rule, but that's a pretty safe bet.

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
A "Turbo" muffler IS a chambered Muffler.
Basically, anything round is almost certainly a resonator type muffler.
(like an old glass pack)

Anything OTHER than round is probably a chambered muffler.
There are a few exceptions to the rule, but that's a pretty safe bet.
Don't a turbo style muffler have a S/diagonal shaped pipe to route exhaust gases? While a chambered muffler has a maze like chambers inside it?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 11-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Don't a turbo style muffler have a S/diagonal shaped pipe to route exhaust gases? While a chambered muffler has a maze like chambers inside it?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
The term "Turbo Muffler" gets thrown around a lot these days.
A real turbo muffler is the small oval 3 chamber muffler that was original equipment on the turbo charged flat 6 Covair's back in the in the 60's. Remember those?
Since then, small 3 chambered mufflers have been called "Turbo Mufflers."
They were popular, they flowed reasonably well and sounded good.
The other option was Glass Packs of the 50's which didnt flow all that well and were loud and the glass had a habit of blowing out so they lost some popularity in the 70's and 80's.

Forward fast to today and there are a ton of what we now call straight through, bullit mufflers, or resonator type mufflers with better packing and perforated cores instead of the old louvered cores. This shape is typically round.

There are some exceptions though, there are a couple muffs out there that do use a diagonal perforated tube in an oval muffler that is either empty or packed. Those are the exceptions to the shape rule.

Tuned by AED
Old 11-21-2014, 08:30 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

@Fabman
whats a JDM 302E Stroker?

Also dont "Turbo" mufflers have stuffing inside them to deaden the sound a bit more than the chambered?
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
@Fabman
whats a JDM 302E Stroker?

Also don't "Turbo" mufflers have stuffing inside them to deaden the sound a bit more than the chambered?
My motor was built by JDM Engineering.
They do a lot of R& D work for ford and are world class Drag Racers.
The motor is a 4.6 stroked to a 5.0. They call, it a 302e.

This is the basic short block that we started with:
JDM 302E 2005-2010 3V Mustang Short Block Motor - JDM Engineering

A turbo is not a packed style muffler, although somebodies advertizing may use that word, it ignores the origin of the turbo muffler just like some chrome tips that are called "Turbo Chromes" for marketing purposes.
Obviously a chrome tip has nothing to do with an actual turbo charger but hey, it sounds good doesn't it?

Tuned by AED
Old 11-22-2014, 06:59 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
My motor was built by JDM Engineering.
They do a lot of R& D work for ford and are world class Drag Racers.
The motor is a 4.6 stroked to a 5.0. They call, it a 302e.

This is the basic short block that we started with:
JDM 302E 2005-2010 3V Mustang Short Block Motor - JDM Engineering

A turbo is not a packed style muffler, although somebodies advertizing may use that word, it ignores the origin of the turbo muffler just like some chrome tips that are called "Turbo Chromes" for marketing purposes.
Obviously a chrome tip has nothing to do with an actual turbo charger but hey, it sounds good doesn't it?
Oh damn, that pretty awesome. Makes a lot of sense with the mufflers. It's similar to some of the CAI that are offered for the 3.7. In reality they are just short ram intakes that are just a bit longer. Some don't even use the factory snorkel to get the cold air from outside. Along the same point short ram intakes arent even "ram" air intakes to begin with.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did he remove his cats too? I'm guessing if you're going to replace your resonators with a pair of glasspacks (assuming everything else stays stock), your exhaust is gonna be much mellow than what it would be with stock resonators.

I definitely will, I'm gonna get shorties for sure if I stay with my v6 and get a procharger instead of a turbo. And maybe GT h pipe like you have, to go with my s types. Damn car mods loll

Dude you're gonna love your exhaust even more with a pair of shorty headers! I guess your cherrybomb extremes are much like Flowmaster 10 series right? Do you have any drone/rasp or if you have resonators on atm?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
i deleted the resonators, and there is some drone but nowhere near as much as straight x pipe with no mufflers. it sounds pretty good and very loud outside the car. i gained a little throttle respose, and it is basically a cheaper 10 series! first person to know that! i want the headers so badd.

-Nicky Sheena Sixxer
xsixxerx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang