What is this little line in my way - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
What is this little line in my way

I want to install a GT induction sound tube on my 3.7. I know where the tube is supposed to go into the firewall. All the videos/photos I have seen show a solid grommet/plug to be removed. My car has a plug there as well, but there is a line running through it. What is this line? How can I install the tube without bothering it? If you need a photo, I can post one. I assume this line is on all 2013's. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Never saw a line on my 12? Post a pic

Sent from my LG-D850 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
sbbama if you already have wires going through the firewall plug they tell you to use another firewall plug that doesnt have anything going through it. Theres no benefit from installing that mod besides just making your car sound more throaty/beefier.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
sbbama if you already have wires going through the firewall plug they tell you to use another firewall plug that doesnt have anything going through it. Theres no benefit from installing that mod besides just making your car sound more throaty/beefier.
It doesn't make you car sound better, it just pumps in more sound to the cabin.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #5
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
It doesn't make you car sound better, it just pumps in more sound to the cabin.

It does make it sound better...in the cabin lol. Basically the same thing a CAI does though.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
It does make it sound better...in the cabin lol. Basically the same thing a CAI does though.
Yeah but with a CAI you can hear it outside the car, not much but it's there.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:08 AM   #7
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I believe that line is only in the manual transmission models. If I'm not mistaken it's for the clutch.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
It's your car-So do what you want to make driving really annoying.

You have a 3.7 V6. Sticking that sound pipe on your car is going to probably be a big mistake. The V6 does not sound even close to a V8 sound through that pipe. It has a higher pitched annoying engine sound that will probably drive you crazy after a while.You will hear all of the motor noise all of the time. Like I said, Your car do what you want.
Ronnie

Get a CAI and forget about pulling a lot of noise inside of your car.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #9
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
my 2012 MT V6 does not have the line...pics?

Did you buy new? Did anyone install anything (maybe stereo, gauges)
Old 11-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
It's your car-So do what you want to make driving really annoying.

You have a 3.7 V6. Sticking that sound pipe on your car is going to probably be a big mistake. The V6 does not sound even close to a V8 sound through that pipe. It has a higher pitched annoying engine sound that will probably drive you crazy after a while.You will hear all of the motor noise all of the time. Like I said, Your car do what you want.
Ronnie

PS:Get a CAI and forget about pulling a lot of noise inside of your car. With your Convertible A CAI will produce much better sound when you floor it.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang