Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Weep Hole Instructions

5K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  au01st 
#1 ·
I had mentioned this in a previous thread and forgot to upload the instructions I received from Borla as to drilling weep holes in mufflers that do not have them already.

A bit of backstory is I have the ATAKs and they got a considerable amount of water inside the case due to rain/snow and the fact I drive short distances in cold weather.

This started causing a buzzing noise. I called Borla to verify that drilling the weep holes would not void the warranty on them. (Not going to junk $700+ mufflers).

They said it is perfectly fine to drill them so long as I follow their instructions. Keep in mind this is for Borlas but it could be applied to any case muffler.

However, check with the individual manufacturers as to if they void the warranty for it or not.

I have the instructions attached.

Attachments

#3 ·
I wonder if there's a reason the hole is installed in the front of the muffler rather than the rear? Will definitely be doing this to my S-Types when I get them.

#4 ·
I wondered that myself. Seems like it would get clogged easier and my driveway is uphill so one at the rear would help drain it better.

It's possibly due to the baffle placements inside the case that the don't want you accidentally hitting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#9 ·
Definitely do

#10 ·
Well I tried, but in order for me to do this right I'm going to have to take them off the car. I tried with them on and couldn't. Wound up snapping one of my 1/16 bits. That's when I quit and told myself the water wasn't so bad lol.

I am entirely too lazy to take them off to do this.

#11 ·
Haha, I could see how it'd be difficult to get back there. I'll probably wait to do mine till I get it on a lift.

#13 ·
So just drained my new used S-Types. Hole was pre-drilled, don't know if the previous owner put them in or from the factory. Drained two cups from the driver's side muffler; passenger side was dry.

Yummy!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.