Nitrous Time Need Expert Opinions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Arrow Nitrous Time Need Expert Opinions

Hey guys Butsweat here and I’m looking into the Nitrous plan out again. I've done a lot of research and thoroughly investigated everything there is to know about what nitrous oxide is, how its applied, and safety measures. I have found granted you take the safety precautions of getting the window switch, a progressive controller, bottle heater, colder spark plugs, and the Full Throttle release application the risks of something bad happening are lowered about as much as it’ll go granted there is always a risk even if low. I’m looking for some expert opinions from people who are Licensed mechanics that work mostly on Mustangs (preferably newer models) and or people who currently have a 3.7 mustang like I do and run the nitrous set up successfully with no problems. Some questions I’m looking to have answered below:

1. What is a nice quality reputable kit to buy (Looking for Wet).

2. What accessories are recommended at bare minimum for safe application and what is recommended as extra helpful accessories.

3. If you run the application currently how do you like it what do you run and what kind of power are you seeing.

4. When is the proper time to go to forged internals ( I've heard 150shot + go for forged equipment I’m looking to go 100).

5. My car is currently close to bone stock What I have in my vehicle now is 3.73 gears, Intake, and 93 Bama Tune. (which they claim they support anything up to a 100-200shot of nitrous in there tune line up, I currently am subscribed to their tunes for life program) If I’m looking to add more Boltons to my vehicle are there any necessary changes to make to the Nitrous system when these parts are incorporated.

6. Lastley I bought a Nitrous system before from Nitrous Express it costed me a little over 1000$ and it came with everything including the gauges, fuel rail adapters, and the full kit. I was pleased with the kit but it was more of an impulse buy and I did not have enough knowledge to feel confident enough to just go for gold. I would preferably like to get something similar to the same set up but hopefully costing a little bit less money, I was told 1000$ was a bit overpriced so I returned it. (This kit did not include the progressive controller which they say is priced at around 300-400$).

I appreciate you guys taking a look at my post, hopefully I can have some experienced hands give me some input on what to do and if i'm lacking futher knowledge that I would need to know. I appreciate all comments although I would rather not see the typical "sell this and buy a v8" response believe me If i could own a v8 I would, but for now I'm going to try to make this thing a bad son of a gun for what it is. What I really want to stress is that the post is as long as it is because I'm looking to be responsible with my car, its my daily driver, I pay for it myself, and I know there is a viable a safe way to use the system. I'm not going to be spraying this in the street like a moron this is mainly for track use and for the piece of mind that I have the power under my hood for when I need it. Thank you all and Happy Driving
Butsweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
1. Nitrous outlet

2. Window switch, purge, bottle heater, blow down tune, pressure gauge, spark plugs, tune

3. Love nitrous

4. Anything over a 150. ( also need to look into a direct port for anything over 150 )

5. dellete the cats

6. No need for a progressive for a 100 shot, it's a waste

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

any recomendation on a nice kit rap?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yes sir

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/efi-wet...ne-system.html

Old 12-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you Rap, I have seen your name associated with Nitrous amongst these forums as a knowledgeable source so I will take your input seriously. All other inquires still welcome on topic to add additonal information
Old 12-08-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Anytime bud

Old 12-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have nothing of value to contribute.

I just wanted to congratulate you on making a well thought out post, AFTER doing your own research. The world needs more people like you. *slow clap*
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I have nothing of value to contribute.

I just wanted to congratulate you on making a well thought out post, AFTER doing your own research. The world needs more people like you. *slow clap*
But what if want "the nitro" with some seven and a half inch pistons and an intaker. Will that help me beat my buddy's lambo?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
just a heads up on the Nitrous outlet system the bolts they supply you to hook the plate up to your intake are no long enough, i had there plate before going procharged.

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
nitrous