MPT / Bomber Performance Turbo Kit - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Hey everyone, that FB group is a friendly bunch, check them out. If you don't have a 3.7 somewhere obviously on your profile pics you may get friend requested so you can message them and let them know you own a 3.7. I guess they're working to keep the trolls out, LOL.
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordySanchez View Post
Hey everyone, that FB group is a friendly bunch, check them out. If you don't have a 3.7 somewhere obviously on your profile pics you may get friend requested so you can message them and let them know you own a 3.7. I guess they're working to keep the trolls out, LOL.
Its a real nice site like ME and super friendly. Its really just 3.7 owners and no bashing stuff. Some beautiful 3.7's on there.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I'm in the Texas chapter.. been there awhile.. great group. The main chapter is Florida.

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
I'm in the Texas chapter.. been there awhile.. great group. The main chapter is Florida.

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
There is a national chapter, which is considered the main chapter

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #40
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Sent a request to join a few days ago. No response yet.

Looking forward to the turbo build!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Sent a request to join a few days ago. No response yet.

Looking forward to the turbo build!
Its a little weird. If they look at your front profile page and its not obvious to them that you have a mustang they just kind of ignore your request.

I don't have my car plastered on my profile or banner pic so...

See if you can PM Joe Ortiz from that group (or put something up on your public info that mentions your Cyclone). I found all that a little bothersome, but I guess they're trying keep the trolling to a minimum. ANd while there's an age spread, most folks seem to know how to behave themselves and keep the flaming out of the comments.
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
My request still hasn't been answered and my car is my cover photo. Oh well, looks like I'm not getting in lol

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 12-14-2014, 11:13 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordySanchez View Post
Its a little weird. If they look at your front profile page and its not obvious to them that you have a mustang they just kind of ignore your request.
Not entirely true. With my chapter (Alabama) I send messages to everyone that requests. If I don't see a 3.7 on their cover photo, I send them a message. 9/10 it ends up in the other folder, and they don't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
My request still hasn't been answered and my car is my cover photo. Oh well, looks like I'm not getting in lol

Check your other folder, see if they messaged you

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:49 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacechalklate View Post
Too late on the GT OTA and Mufflers. They were sort of an impulse buy, and I was under the impression that they were 2.5"

Anyways, not trying to turn this into a he-said she-said, but I had asked Ken with MPT a few months ago regarding the matter, and this is was what was stated:

2.5” exhaust will be plenty large enough for 500+ whp, so no need to go larger. The larger piping should give it a nice tone as well. You won’t need to go drastic with mufflers since the turbo will quiet the exhaust considerably. Usually just running a pair of nice straight through mufflers, like Magnaflows, is enough to give the car a really nice exhaust note.

Regardless, I will be running the GT pipes, since I do plan on building the motor and taking it around 700+ RWHP in a few years.

Bomber is basing the V6 kit off the one he made for his GT. From what I understood, the mid pipes and cat-back are actually different lengths from the V6, though someone will need to confirm that.

He will confirm the jig with my stock V6 exhaust, and then will be making a special fitment for the GT OTA pipes that I'd like to get installed.

Hope that makes sense.
The Gt 'IS' 2 1/2" and there are the 'resonators' in the over the axles that neck down a bit. The Gt500 setup is the only 2 3/4" that is factory and that has no neck downs anywhere.
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:05 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Just joined and threw a post up. Let me know who all you guys are!!

Old 12-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
I feel like switching to a GT H-back just for the heck of it to put that to the test (at the track of course).

This turbo kit looks very promising. Recirculated wastegate is fantastic, can't wait to see how all the piping works out. Will they be making your midpipe bolt on for a GT catback?
I usee a GT H for my N/A setup...good feel and great sound. Not at all raspy, very nice and deep...deeper than most other exhaust setups out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Yeah, for a turbo car I don't see 2.75 being "harmful" just unnecessary and might sound like crap. But since you already have them, it's a moot point.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Ive heard a couple guys who run N/A with a full GT exhaust (mid, OA and mufflers. Very deep and bassy, no drone or rasp. One guys said he picked up 7whp just from that alone, but who knows the trq he lost down low? He did say that the car doesnt feel any different from stock except the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
That's me bro. Ha ha. I really like cyclone mustangs on FB. Another great site to talk V6. Lol.
There are quite a few Dbags and retards on there but it is a fun site to scroll through and get some quick responses....seams like there a few guys who just live on there LOL
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I usee a GT H for my N/A setup...good feel and great sound. Not at all raspy, very nice and deep...deeper than most other exhaust setups out there.

Ive heard a couple guys who run N/A with a full GT exhaust (mid, OA and mufflers. Very deep and bassy, no drone or rasp. One guys said he picked up 7whp just from that alone, but who knows the trq he lost down low? He did say that the car doesnt feel any different from stock except the sound.

There are quite a few Dbags and retards on there but it is a fun site to scroll through and get some quick responses....seams like there a few guys who just live on there LOL
I think they do live on there. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye View Post
The Gt 'IS' 2 1/2" and there are the 'resonators' in the over the axles that neck down a bit. The Gt500 setup is the only 2 3/4" that is factory and that has no neck downs anywhere.
Thanks for the info! I originally wanted the GT500 for the extra 1/4" (my turbo research indicated that bigger was better), but after Ken said 2.5" was as big as I needed to go, I figured I'd listen to the tuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Just joined and threw a post up. Let me know who all you guys are!!

Haha I remember seeing your post - Welcome!

Quote:
Yeah, I definitely prefer the H pipes over the X's... it sounds much nicer. But X's seem to provide slightly higher HP.

Quote:
lol
spacechalklate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Also,

Turbo arrived at MPT earlier this week. Pic:
Old 12-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Thumbs up

Quote:
Also,

Turbo arrived at MPT earlier this week. Pic:
Looks freaking high quality!
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Can't wait to see this thing done, I'm always checkin' in on this thread.
Zombiefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:48 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Are you no longer having issues with the oil bleed out through the valve covers? Cause something i always ended up doing was expanding the size by drilling out a larger hole with a nipple and using that to vent back to the intake. Also do those ventilator filter that they sell to replace the oil refill cap work at all?
Old 12-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiefro View Post
Can't wait to see this thing done, I'm always checkin' in on this thread.
Haha thanks! Car is being dropped off tomorrow. Then should be tuned and ready for pickup sometime in the first week of January!

Quote:
Are you no longer having issues with the oil bleed out through the valve covers? Cause something i always ended up doing was expanding the size by drilling out a larger hole with a nipple and using that to vent back to the intake. Also do those ventilator filter that they sell to replace the oil refill cap work at all?
Are you asking me? Because I have no idea what you're talking about, haha

I decided to go change my gauge faces... I'll upload pics tomorrow.
Hope everyone's having a happy Christmas and soon to be merry new year!
Old 12-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Are they pretty much copying justin ' s kit? I putting money on yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Are they pretty much copying justin ' s kit? I putting money on yes

Who's Justin? LPF? If you know anything about his kit and read what I wrote about Bomber/MPTs kit, then you'd know the answer is no.

You can have exact details in January, but to my knowledge, the kit LPF is running isn't even the same kit they're selling. LPFs car has a special exhaust out the hood, or something. But apparently their actual kit produces a weedwhacker sound (there's only one known person on the forums who ran their kit, and he had to uninstall it due to tuning issues). I was told the Bomber / MPT kit will recirculate the waste gates so there is none of that sound. That already is a difference. There's also something else that I know for sure, but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves (you'll just have to be patient).

How much money were you putting down? Lol
Old 12-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Actually they are running the same kit. Just Connor has the exhaust coming straight out of the hood. your kit will be #2 in lines of performance I guarantee you that.

And I will pay you if you can beat me, we both know that won't happen

Old 12-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Have MPT call out lpf and CFM and we will see. But justin and Connor have thr record right now, so untill then....... well you know

Old 12-25-2014, 11:36 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

And there is another car running the kit with no problems at all. It's a white 3.7.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Also there kit is built and in stock

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1419529040018.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	172446  
Old 12-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Did this become a dick measuring contest....
Zombiefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's what the game is all about

Old 12-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Are you asking me? Because I have no idea what you're talking about, haha

I decided to go change my gauge faces... I'll upload pics tomorrow.
Hope everyone's having a happy Christmas and soon to be merry new year!
Ya, the PCV on the passenger side was spitting large amounts of oil while you were boosting right?

If you make that valve bigger it will allow for more gas to escape and minimize the amount of oil that's ejected.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Only so many ways to put a turbo kit in an engine bay. Of the 3-4 TT kits for the 5.0, they all run damn near identical, its just a matter of parts that makes the difference in the kits. We'll see how this one does. I'd like to see some actual data instead of random street racing videos to actually prove a kit. That would be nice.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:19 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol right? I never made any horsepower or "this will be the fastest and best kit" claims. And LPFs car must have been some freak factory build if they pushed it to 600 HP on stock internals. I'm not seeking to be the fastest. I just want boost. So no, this isn't a dick measuring contest. I just want to provide the data.
Rapinator needs to calm down Haha

Quote:
Ya, the PCV on the passenger side was spitting large amounts of oil while you were boosting right?

If you make that valve bigger it will allow for more gas to escape and minimize the amount of oil that's ejected.
Oh, I think I know what you're referring to now. Yeah I'm still getting oil in my catch can. I bought a special catch can+ breather setup from the cyclone club.... We'll see how it performs. Some guy posted a photo that showed metal shavings coming off the JLT oil separator filter... Made me a bit uneasy, since I've had that on mine since I bought it. I'd hate to think I aspirated some metal shavings into the engine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Only so many ways to put a turbo kit in an engine bay. Of the 3-4 TT kits for the 5.0, they all run damn near identical, its just a matter of parts that makes the difference in the kits. We'll see how this one does. I'd like to see some actual data instead of random street racing videos to actually prove a kit. That would be nice.
Yes. That's what the point of this thread was. To provide data. The only measuring going on here is the thorough performance of the kit.

I'll get dyno numbers, strip numbers, and I'll throw in some random "street race takedown", takeover, or whatever videos for fun.
Just a disclaimer though, I've never been on a strip.

My kit will be most similar to the LPF kit anyways, since I chose to go with the oilless turbo, as well. It's sized just a little bit differently though. So I think it will definitely be an interesting comparison.

I'm not sure what turbo Bomber and MPT will settle on for the mass produced kit, but they are using the data from my build to make that decision.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:47 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh, I think I know what you're referring to now. Yeah I'm still getting oil in my catch can. I bought a special catch can+ breather setup from the cyclone club.... We'll see how it performs. Some guy posted a photo that showed metal shavings coming off the JLT oil separator filter... Made me a bit uneasy, since I've had that on mine since I bought it. I'd hate to think I aspirated some metal shavings into the engine..
Oh ya, I saw that JLT post on FB as well...not a really good sign. Not sure how much modding you are looking for. I believe you said you had a breather to replace the oil fill cap on the driver side but the oil is spitting out the passenger side. Something i have done in past build was increase PCV diameter.

A 1.6 motor i had was getting so much pressure built up from blow by while boosting (7psi+) so took it from a stock size of .75" to 2". The extra size helped relive some of the pressure being built up in the crank case. I never got any data numbers of proof that it was this modification that helped but immediately after i had it on the dyno and the oil ejection decreased by half. Its possible that even a larger 3" would have done even better. Its hard to say, but if your up for some experimenting maybe you could try it.

Something else too, what if you routed the PCV down to the upper portion of the oil pan? Would that just pressurize the bottom end unnecessarily?
Old 12-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry guys. Wasn't able to drop the car off yesterday. Going out of country for a bit. Updates will be pushed back. In the meantime here's more info on the bomber kit (now public) https://m.facebook.com/bomberperformance
Old 01-14-2015, 03:17 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

So update is 500 hp and 493 tq

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanglife305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:27 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglife305 View Post

How much is the kit/everything you need/installation?

Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglife305 View Post

I saw the dyno graphs, was that number on the 101 octane 12 psi run or the 91 /10psi? I would assume the first, but still.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:20 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
I saw the dyno graphs, was that number on the 101 octane 12 psi run or the 91 /10psi? I would assume the first, but still.

It was on 101 octane

stanglife305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang