MPT / Bomber Performance Turbo Kit - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:20 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I don't know for a fact they are selling it for that much, Joey said he heard a rumor. I'm just stating my thoughts on the kit costing $5600.

If your paying $5500 for the P1SC procharger kit your getting ripped off. I can get a a kit with upgraded D1SC head unit for close to $5K

The turbo will make more torque sure. The equalizer is gearing for the procharger, I already have 3.73, which is way to much gear for a big torque turbo setup without blowing the tires off everywhere. I would put my 3.31 back in for a turbo setup.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2015, 05:39 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Procharger ProCharger High Output Intercooled Mustang Supercharger System 1FT212-SCI (11-12 V6) - Free Shipping
$5,516

Procharger 2011-2014 Mustang 3.7L V6 HO Intercooled Kit - Procharger - Superchargers - 2011-2014 - Ford Mustang V6 - Vehicle Selector - Shop Now
$5,516

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pch-ft212-37-h
$5,609

granted these are all full kits with tuner and tune included but still should I keep going?
Lan_Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:41 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Anyone that pays the advertised price is a fool. There are coupons/discounts everywhere if you just ask.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2015, 05:46 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, check out lethal performance, then add forum discount, or maybe CFM with club discount or possibly American Muscle with discount and free shipping. You have to add the discount in. CFM has the best deal by the way with the club discount.

Should I go on? Again if your paying those prices your getting ripped off.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:56 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
With 6% forum discount the procharger kit would be $5,185. Me personally, that's what I would go with based on my set up but I have 3:73 gearing and long tube headers both which are a no go for a turbo kit. I will gladly sacrifice some torque with the supercharger and make up some with having the 3:73 gearing.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:15 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Well I went to cfm performance did a procharger with upgraded D1SC helical gears, cold air intake, standard finish. Added drop in 80 lb. 3.7 v6 injectors (possibly e85) , took 5% off (it could be a bigger discount, not sure what club discount is) total was $5171.

I already have MPT, so whatever they would charge to tune it.

I already have 3.73 gears, full bolt ons including intake manifolds, shorties, o/r h pipe. Should be pretty stout.

I have a tial wastegate and tial bov already sitting around waiting for something.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:49 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
So go with that that is a really good set up. if for some reason the turbo doesn't work out I will also be going with that kit from CFM , but with the P1SC since I daily and don't track it too much

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 01-29-2015, 06:16 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

I'm still going to shop around, see what Bomber says and even check with LPF again to see if they are willing to deal. I really want a turbo kit but I'd be ok with a procharger if the turbo purchase falls through. I was just shocked by the "rumor" of the Bomber kit being $5600 after Hugo posted on facebook of around $4700. That's why I'm going to contact them, can't go by internet hearsay.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:24 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Its around 4500/4700 with a tuner and a tune from MPT ... Idk where the crazy price came from. that's directly from him

Old 01-29-2015, 07:51 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
$5600 count me out. I'm not going to go through the whole this is what we expect price to be (which was $4500 initially, then said probably $4700 which I was fine with) then jack the price up to hell $5600. LPF did the same thing with the full kit when it initially came out. I had the money then and passed. To try to make the LPF turbo kit look more appeasing price wise after they changed the initial price they sold options in the kit. But you still got less for your money then the initial price which was released.
I can understand being off $200-$300 from what you say but almost $900 additional, no thanks. Have fun selling maybe 3 to 5 kits for $5600. The person who comes out with a reliable $4.5k kit is going to be making all the money. I refuse to pay for price gouging.

A Good turbo this size is going to cost ~$2000 give or take, a good intercooler will be $800-1000, a good wastegate will be $300-400, manifolds are going to be $800-1000 each ... There are a LOT of components to a turbo kit, which the company obviously still has to make money off of. Most kits are going to be around that much, i honestly wouldnt trust a $4500 kit because that means you're getting something sub-par somewhere.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:11 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
A Good turbo this size is going to cost ~$2000 give or take, a good intercooler will be $800-1000, a good wastegate will be $300-400, manifolds are going to be $800-1000 each ... There are a LOT of components to a turbo kit, which the company obviously still has to make money off of. Most kits are going to be around that much, i honestly wouldnt trust a $4500 kit because that means you're getting something sub-par somewhere.
I know exactly how much stuff cost. I've fully forged, built, turbocharged and tuned my 5 spd awd Eagle Summit Van. Its sitting at 452 HP / 405 wtq. I built the thing myself. If I could weld I would build my own kit for my mustang, but because I can't it adds to time and money. I know I could buy quality partse needed to turbo for $3k-3.5k. I just don't have the time to have my car down to fab everything up and have it welded.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:24 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
I'm still going to shop around, see what Bomber says and even check with LPF again to see if they are willing to deal. I really want a turbo kit but I'd be ok with a procharger if the turbo purchase falls through. I was just shocked by the "rumor" of the Bomber kit being $5600 after Hugo posted on facebook of around $4700. That's why I'm going to contact them, can't go by internet hearsay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Its around 4500/4700 with a tuner and a tune from MPT ... Idk where the crazy price came from. that's directly from him

Lol yeah that got out of hand. That figure I threw out is what I heard, not what MPT said. Apparently it was wrong.

I'd kind of agree with Volt though, I have my suspicions about a $4500-4700 kit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

The lpf kit is 4200 if you don't go oiless or triple bearing.
The options are what adds up

Old 01-29-2015, 04:05 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Sounds like there are too many kids in garages building kits. They have no proven track records for reliability or performance amongst the greater public besides maybe Procharger...i love the idea but I could never spend 5k on any of these...it's just too up in the air with everything. **** just installing one of these improperly could **** you over.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:11 AM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

You think mpt which is like the godfather of tuning for us 3.7L is going to put there name up with this kit if they thought it was faulty?

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
Old 01-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
i honestly wouldnt trust a $4500 kit because that means you're getting something sub-par somewhere.
I partially agree - you just have to see the overall design of the kit before you can deem it worthy of $xxxxx. A more efficiently designed kit could be cheaper than one that's not designed as well (of course, that doesn't stop companies from charging extra because their design is better).

For example: LPF's replaces one of the exhaust manifolds, and the Bomber Kit doesn't even touch them. That could be cost-savings for Bomber, which can then be passed onto the customer. I mean, Hellion's kit was just about a whole grand more, and their kit was a maze of pipes - truly a work of art but you're definitely paying to have more material.

The next couple weeks are going to be the slowest of my life.
spacechalklate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:41 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

The ATI kit from Bomber costs $4,500 (w/out handheld tuner) and includes the Custom Supercharged Tune from MPT (valued at $600). The base price for LPF's kit is $4,350 but does not include tune or injectors. After purchasing the minimum options needed for the kit, you are looking at $5,300+ for LPF's kit. That's $800+ more than Bomber's base price. That being said, this is quoted via email directly from Justin at Limitless Performance about his opinion of the Bomber5c Turbo Kit by Hugo from Bomber Performance:

"There's not a comparison[between our kit and Bomber's]. We use stainless 304 material. A[n] intercooler nearly twice the size for consistent HP and intake air temp. Pull after pull. Fully tig welded dual wastegates and a 50mm bov. Our kits are on many daily driven cars many over 20,000 miles; all without failure. We use American made turbos that cost from 1100-2000 dollars depending on the selection and has a 1 year warranty, the other kit[Bomber5c] has a offbrand 300 turbo. We have a 3.5 " maf housing that we have made over 800whp on. our kit is proven to be capable of well over 800whp. We make more TQ and HP. On 9 psi we've made 475 and 525+tq on 15-16.5 we made over 600whp and 640tq with pump gas 93 octane timing. We have yet to do a race gas tune like he did we will here in 2weeks we are doing multiple videos of dyno pulls and numbers. We have 12+ kits on the road. His kit[Hugo's kit] was an attempt to slightly use our design that we designed and tested for months. Our kit is proven as many know it has been lined up with many high HP cars in a lot of video's with the same resultseach time nearly never losing the cars drive like they did from the factory with better mpg actually. That is until you get on the throttle lol. We also use expensive stainless steel flex section in our kit to ensure fitment durability and anti vibration etc. And everything is vband connections including the turbo inlet and outlet no gaskets or bolts."

Personally, I am torn between the two kits. In my opinion, they each have potential and both seem to be moderately priced. But as they say, you get what you pay for. Since the Bomber5c kit simply doesn't have any proper "field testing" yet, we don't know the actual quality of the product. The only thing we can do now is wait until a few customers have his turbo on their vehicles and let his kit speak for itself, whether good or bad.
blackwolfndn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:10 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

I trust the bomber kit simply because mpt is backing it up. They wouldn't hitch their reputation on a dud.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:45 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
I trust the bomber kit simply because mpt is backing it up. They wouldn't hitch their reputation on a dud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
You think mpt which is like the godfather of tuning for us 3.7L is going to put there name up with this kit if they thought it was faulty?

airaid cai, bbk tb, bbk shortys, Ford cut/clamp, magnaflow comp catback. bama tunes, 3.73s,
SO its a 100% reliable kit? There wont be ANY issues with it 500, 2000 or even 40k miles down the road? Thanks for the info.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:48 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
SO its a 100% reliable kit? There wont be ANY issues with it 500, 2000 or even 40k miles down the road? Thanks for the info.
Sure there could be issues, but that's with all FI. You could bolt a procharger on and have issues 500, 2000 or even 40k down the road. If you want maximum reliability then don't mod the car.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:58 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusvt View Post
Sure there could be issues, but that's with all FI. You could bolt a procharger on and have issues 500, 2000 or even 40k down the road. If you want maximum reliability then don't mod the car.
If you want maximum reliability just don't get a car...
Zombiefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:26 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

I feel you guys are arguing the difference between "Good," and "Good enough."
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:18 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just trying to make a point...people are saying because MPT has made a tune for this kit it suddenly makes it better? Your right though, if you want 100% reliability then don't ever touch your car but I'm not being as stupidly anal about it...I'm talking about the fact that a major company like Procharger has more to lose if **** goes bad with their kits than MPT or LPF or any of these smaller businesses. These kits havnt been tested out in the real world long enough and for anyone to say one is better is ignorance.
I feel they need more real world testing is all. More cars with them installed and tuned (properly) and see what comes out to being a safer investment. We all know you could build your own kit for cheeper. Why should we buy this brands kit or that ones? Because they made one that makes 500 whp? Because it's got 2 turbos?
Old 01-31-2015, 09:50 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

All good points. Yes, I would consider MPT working with a turbo kit builder does make the kit better. The majority of failures on all the 3.7 FI cars have been bad tunes. Over tuned, not tuned correctly. People want to blame the stock parts, but if people don't get greedy with horsepower and torque on the stock parts they could make a reliable 400 whp 400 wtq.

Bomber does have a 5.0 making 1120 whp (but that is a 5.0, still impressive). I saw some other cars they have modded also. Only time will tell on there 3.7 kit.

Limitless Performance and Fabrication makes a bunch of different turbo kits for different cars. They are not a fly by night or back yard garage building kits by any means, as some people think. I just don't like the way they handled marketing there 3.7 kit.

Of course Procharger is procharger, everyone knows who they are and what they bring to the table.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:13 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Do we know if there are going to be any more group buys? I really want a turbo but if we can get a 9% discount that'd be awesome lol. 😎😎😎
Old 02-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

If you want a turbo get a 2015 i4...that HAS a turbo and guess what? Its warrantied by Ford!
Old 02-03-2015, 02:59 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I feel you guys are arguing the difference between "Good," and "Good enough."
In what way?
Old 02-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
It's all about priorities. The LPF kit may come with a better turbo and/or intercooler, while the Bomber kit looks to be an easier install since it uses the stock or shorty headers and also is backed by MPT, which is a huge plus. Plus the Bomber kit has a recirculating wastegate which they claim will help with the sound. (jury is still out on this one)
Old 02-04-2015, 10:07 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

When does Bomber release their kit?
Old 02-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Unfortunately everyone wants guarantees and when dealing with high performance parts like these, there are none. You gotta pick your battles and see what is important to you.

If you live close to LPF then that would be a good selling point.

If you like MPT then there is one for that.

People got to understand that these kits just came out and are in it's infancy with this motor. They have not been around for 5 years being tested on so people need to buy these kits and put them to the test. Sorry but that is the only way.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Those are dyno numbers WITHOUT a tune ??

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Unfortunately everyone wants guarantees and when dealing with high performance parts like these, there are none. You gotta pick your battles and see what is important to you.

If you live close to LPF then that would be a good selling point.

If you like MPT then there is one for that.

People got to understand that these kits just came out and are in it's infancy with this motor. They have not been around for 5 years being tested on so people need to buy these kits and put them to the test. Sorry but that is the only way.
I completely agree with everything your saying. That's why I would never pay 4-5k for a brand new hardly field tested unknown system. That's some loot to throw down on a real crap shoot. If someone wants to really get their F.I. system out people testing and using it, that company really needs to sell it for a huge reduced rate.

That's the price of doing business. I would not pay top money for a system that doesn't have years testing and company that has no proven name.

I would gladly pay 6k for a procharger system because their proven and so is the F.I. kits. These new turbo kits should be sold for 3k max for now during testing phase and building a name for themselves
Old 02-04-2015, 11:49 AM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I completely agree with everything your saying. That's why I would never pay 4-5k for a brand new hardly field tested unknown system. That's some loot to throw down on a real crap shoot. If someone wants to really get their F.I. system out people testing and using it, that company really needs to sell it for a huge reduced rate.

That's the price of doing business. I would not pay top money for a system that doesn't have years testing and company that has no proven name.

I would gladly pay 6k for a procharger system because their proven and so is the F.I. kits. These new turbo kits should be sold for 3k max for now during testing phase and building a name for themselves
Agree 100% .
Old 02-04-2015, 06:48 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
That's unreasonable for the vendor. Their business would never survive. As with anything the people that have the money and no patience will buy the kits now and take the risk. As time goes on we will get a better sense of each kits reliability. People seem to think FI systems are like a pan hard bar in that you just install it and go. You are majorly changing the engine/car and if you don't have the money to fix it, if it goes wrong, you probably shouldn't buy one.

The procharger has been out for awhile and the early adopters have figured out its quirks, which has become common knowledge. Give these kits a year or two and I think most "quirks" will be worked out.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
That's unreasonable for the vendor. Their business would never survive. As with anything the people that have the money and no patience will buy the kits now and take the risk. As time goes on we will get a better sense of each kits reliability. People seem to think FI systems are like a pan hard bar in that you just install it and go. You are majorly changing the engine/car and if you don't have the money to fix it, if it goes wrong, you probably shouldn't buy one.

The procharger has been out for awhile and the early adopters have figured out its quirks, which has become common knowledge. Give these kits a year or two and I think most "quirks" will be worked out.
I hear what your saying and completely understand your point. You make some really good points but for those few years of the test mule cars spending 5k plus on an unknown system is far more risky than a proven system like procharger.

These turbo kits are big money and there is no proven track record with them or the company building them. I'm not saying the kit is garbage but the builders may need to break even buy selling the kits at their cost just to get their name and quality of the kit out. That's the price of doing business.

I'm confident the big name performance companies at some time when new, promo kits to people to use to promote the new product. Personally, I would not be that person spending 5k on any product or company that's new and has no proven track record. I'll wait 4 or 5 years on this turbo kit and then see where the company is and its true quality of said kit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang