Am I losing my mind feeling my v6 is quicker than a GT? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Am I losing my mind feeling my v6 is quicker than a GT?

So I just finished breaking in my 4.10 gears and lord have mercy, my car(14 automatic with CAI and tune) feels QUICKER than my brothers 14 GT(stock). Now I use the word "quicker" because I am very aware that the GT is faster but my car gets off of the line quicker.

Now the fact that I drive 98% city, have no desire to run the track and have only put a tune, gears and intake on my stock car and it is a quicker car in the street than my brothers stock GT...I have no complaints about my sixer!!

Lol has anyone else found new love for their car after a gear install?

Let me know I'm not alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Prezona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
If your brothers is an auto also he desperately needs a tune as well

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Thats the point of the gears...quicker off the line.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

And yours is going through gears a lot quicker now, glad you enjoy your car so much! You need some axle backs though

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Old 12-11-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

As disclosure in no way shape or form am I boasting or talking down on gts...I'm aware my car has mods and his does not. I'm just putting this out there to show that just because others have v8's and us who have v6's don't, doesnt mean we have cars that can be talked down on as much as they are.

I love all mustangs and wish I had a GT lol.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezona View Post
As disclosure in no way shape or form am I boasting or talking down on gts...I'm aware my car has mods and his does not. I'm just putting this out there to show that just because others have v8's and us who have v6's don't, doesnt mean we have cars that can be talked down on as much as they are.

I love all mustangs and wish I had a GT lol.

I know what you were doing man at the end of the day all that matters is that you love and enjoy your car which you clearly do! I loved my six while I had it

Old 12-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
And yours is going through gears a lot quicker now, glad you enjoy your car so much! You need some axle backs though

I have a pair of Roush axlebacks just decided not to mention them because they don't affect performance. Thanks man!

Old 12-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I suspect he'd still walk you in a full 1/4 mile. Also, if he's got a manual, there may be some technique issues. What happens when you switch drivers in that case?
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
I suspect he'd still walk you in a full 1/4 mile. Also, if he's got a manual, there may be some technique issues. What happens when you switch drivers in that case?

Oh I have no doubt in my mind he would haha! But like I was saying for how I drive my car day to day which is stop light to stop light and occasional highway(central California) all of my previous regrets about buying a v6 instead of a v8 have been relinquished.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

You shouldnt be too surprised, especially off the line, 4.10 is a lot of gear.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
4.10 gears lol duh it's gonna feel more tourqy

Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff

It "feels" quicker because it goes through gears faster. A GT is still faster though

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly it may feel quicker, but it's certainly not faster lol.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Lol yes guys. If you were to read my post I was sure to state that I know the difference between quicker and faster. This is my first car and first experience with rear gear ratios and such so I didn't really have an idea of what to expect so cut me some slack.

My whole purpose of the post was to shed some positivity around fellow v6 owners who might be feeling regretful about not just holding out for a v8.

It is almost every day that I hear some sort of insult to my car for being an automatic v6 which is apparently the most pathetic build of a mustang ever. So I wanted to express how proud I was to have a slight edge over a faster car that is used to degrade mine in debate.

I'm not stupid, my car is in a whole different league compared to the GT. My objective was just to show some pride for owning a v6 and to show they aren't "useless pieces of junk" like most purists swear they are.

Much love to all of you and your cars!

Old 12-11-2014, 03:03 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Lol yes guys. If you were to read my post I was sure to state that I know the difference between quicker and faster. This is my first car and first experience with rear gear ratios and such so I didn't really have an idea of what to expect so cut me some slack.

My whole purpose of the post was to shed some positivity around fellow v6 owners who might be feeling regretful about not just holding out for a v8.

It is almost every day that I hear some sort of insult to my car for being an automatic v6 which is apparently the most pathetic build of a mustang ever. So I wanted to express how proud I was to have a slight edge over a faster car that is used to degrade mine in debate.

I'm not stupid, my car is in a whole different league compared to the GT. My objective was just to show some pride for owning a v6 and to show they aren't "useless pieces of junk" like most purists swear they are.

I certainly would not call a 300+ horsepower v6 pathetic lol.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Am I losing my mind feeling my v6 is quicker than a GT?

Quote:

People only call V6s junk and what not because that's usually what people buy and don't take care of the car properly or even touch it in modifications, just a DD for most

However, Some of the nicest mustangs I've seen on IG are in fact 3.7s. Just take pride in your ride and you'll be breaking necks on the daily.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Run your brother to get some perspective on your quickness.

The Bathroom

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I believe he already implied that he has run his brother. Haha he understands he is not a GT and would not beat him in a 1/4, as he has stated numerous times. I get what you are saying OP. Glad you like your new gears!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JR4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR4288 View Post
I believe he already implied that he has run his brother. Haha he understands he is not a GT and would not beat him in a 1/4, as he has stated numerous times. I get what you are saying OP. Glad you like your new gears!

Thank you sir!! Haha I thought I was going to get jumped for creating this thread 😰

Old 12-11-2014, 06:26 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I feel ya man. When I had my 12 V6 and I have 3.73s put in I beat my buddys 5.0 off the line until we got to about 30mph. Lol

United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

What does a stock auto & m6 3.7 dynobto the wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_dredd View Post
What does a stock auto & m6 3.7 dynobto the wheels?
Generally 245 for the autos and 260 for the manuals... +- 15 whp either way, depending on the dyno and conditions.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

You also have to remember, it is not always the car, sometimes it is the loose nut behind the wheel. I know a few GT owners that wish they had never tried to keep up with my V6 in the mountains
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

My buddy has a Challenger R/T (5.7 V8 6spd) and from a dig I completely own him.

I am definitely surprised by the V6's performance. Mine came with the 3.31s and have since done intake, tb, headers, tune, exhaust.... according to MPT my engine is putting out "above average" power as we had trouble with the original tune and several iterations because the car kept overpowering the 1-2 shift. Now that it is fine tuned, the car pulls really strong so I am not surprised you do well against a 5.0.
GTXgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:05 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I have test drove both a 13 5.0 and a 15 5.0, both automatics and definitely dont feel impressed with the stock tune and gearing compared to my 13 v6 with mpt tune, 373 gears and other bolt ons. 0 to 60mph it would be pretty much a tie..after that the 5.0 would pull away.
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:08 AM   #26
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Pre, glad you like it. I know exactly what you meant in your post about quicker too. I wouldn't mind trying differant gears in my MT 3,31. Enjoy!
Old 12-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Glad your happy, but the mean growl from a V8 is what stands my neck hairs up....lol
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Glad your happy, but the mean growl from a V8 is what stands my neck hairs up....lol

Hahaha can't argue with that! Goodbess lord!!

Old 12-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #29
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

^Good grief

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang