Supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #1

Region: Ohio
Supercharger

If I decide to supercharge my 2014 mustang v6 automatic what other changes would I need to do to the car so nothing would happen to it from the drastic power change?
Mustang_Kid12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Suspension and a good tune

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
And drive shaft.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2014, 12:00 PM   #4

Region: Ohio
Is there only one supercharger for our v6?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mustang_Kid12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #5
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Kid12 View Post
Is there only one supercharger for our v6?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Right now, yes. The procharger.

Sent from the Death Star.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Just remember, you're not going to get ridiculous horsepower from that V6 with a supercharger. You'll spend thousands as well.
Is it really worth it??

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb427r View Post
Just remember, you're not going to get ridiculous horsepower from that V6 with a supercharger. You'll spend thousands as well.
Is it really worth it??

Yes, if you are out of warranty and not making payments, it's a solid way to have a fun car. That being said, the car is probably neither of those and you are probably better off putting that money towards your loan or towards a trade on a 5.0.

Procharging is probably the safest bet for forced induction. Make sure you have all the supporting mods, gears, driveshaft, suspension, etc.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Is it really worth it??
You will get a good 500 rwhp plus with a good tune on factory internals. Define ridiculous HP? 😎
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Why not? If you have the money and the time, go for it!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
You will get a good 500 rwhp plus with a good tune on factory internals. Define ridiculous HP? 😎
I'd be more than happy with that amount of non ridiculous HP lol. That will be my next big mod. Gonna finish up my suspension and get a one piece ds then I'll be going with a procharger. For me it just works better then trading up to a 5.0. I'm very happy with the amount of mods I've done over the past couple of years with my 13 and would hate to start all over again with a new car. Besides up here we have ridiculous fuel prices, tax and a gas guzzler tax on anything over 4.0. I can honestly say I'm a very proud owner of a 3.7 stang, absolutely no regrets.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
500RWHP is more than enough for a fun car, ask the guys with the crazy 800RWHP and they say its not even fun to normally drive.
Zombiefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You will get a good 500 rwhp plus with a good tune on factory internals. Define ridiculous HP? ������
Let's see one... Then tell me what was replaced and what the cost was. I doubt the factory internals can withstand 500 at the rear wheels.

I have 500 at the crank on my 4.6 and that's about the extent of the power with stock internals. A few more at best.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
Old 12-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I'd be more than happy with that amount of non ridiculous HP lol. That will be my next big mod. Gonna finish up my suspension and get a one piece ds then I'll be going with a procharger. For me it just works better then trading up to a 5.0. I'm very happy with the amount of mods I've done over the past couple of years with my 13 and would hate to start all over again with a new car. Besides up here we have ridiculous fuel prices, tax and a gas guzzler tax on anything over 4.0. I can honestly say I'm a very proud owner of a 3.7 stang, absolutely no regrets.

So you think the fuel economy will be the same with a blower?? Look, I hear you on being a proud owner and not wanting to start over again, and I certainly agree. Blowing a V6 just doesn't make sense to me.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
Old 12-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

How
Quote:
So you think the fuel economy will be the same with a blower?? Look, I hear you on being a proud owner and not wanting to start over again, and I certainly agree. Blowing a V6 just doesn't make sense to me.
More power usually requires more fuel, no secret there, and at 3.7 litres it keeps the governments hands out of my pocket with their gas guzzler tax on anything over 4.0, also the 15% tax on a 38k GT is not very appealing to me. Not quite sure why blowing a 6 doesn't make sense to you? People turbo/sc 4s that will run 10s 1/4 mile, makes sense to them and I get why they do it, a passion for their ride and to go fast which is exactly what I have, nothing but respect for them.

I guess its just what people want to do with their cars, and hey it puts out some pretty incredible numbers even if its ONLY 400 450wrhP lol damn right I'm down for that! I love the 5.0 also, and think its a fantastic platform to work with and mod, but like I said earlier I'm very happy and proud with my 3.7, not only does it fit my lifestyle with a wife and two young boys, it gives me the ability to build it up over time on my own schedule, and not the banks, while making sure my kids get what they need and play the sports they want to play without the added financial restrictions of a heavier consistent car payment would over X amount of years, also the tax thing and gas guzzler tax thing, not to mention higher insurance ect ect.
Hope this maybe clarifies just one of the reasons why someone would want to "blow a V6"

Old 12-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Let's see one... Then tell me what was replaced and what the cost was. I doubt the factory internals can withstand 500 at the rear wheels.

I have 500 at the crank on my 4.6 and that's about the extent of the power with stock internals. A few more at best.
Exactly sir. That's why the 3.7 is a better and stronger engine than the 4.6. You're 4.6 can safely handle no more than 450 rwhp on factory internals. The 3.7 can handle 500 plus rwhp on factory internals. Ask LPF on here how much power his 3.7 is making on factory internals. 600 rwhp plus for months and completely fine.

Respectfully, you must not be familiar with the 3.7 engine and what is being done too them with boost. I say this not to degrade or belittle you but just giving friendly education about the 3.7 motor. It's very strong that can withhold a lot of power on factory internals.

As awesome as the coyote engine is the cyclone is equally awesome but just makes less power.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
How

More power usually requires more fuel, no secret there, and at 3.7 litres it keeps the governments hands out of my pocket with their gas guzzler tax on anything over 4.0, also the 15% tax on a 38k GT is not very appealing to me. Not quite sure why blowing a 6 doesn't make sense to you? People turbo/sc 4s that will run 10s 1/4 mile, makes sense to them and I get why they do it, a passion for their ride and to go fast which is exactly what I have, nothing but respect for them.

I guess its just what people want to do with their cars, and hey it puts out some pretty incredible numbers even if its ONLY 400 450wrhP lol damn right I'm down for that! I love the 5.0 also, and think its a fantastic platform to work with and mod, but like I said earlier I'm very happy and proud with my 3.7, not only does it fit my lifestyle with a wife and two young boys, it gives me the ability to build it up over time on my own schedule, and not the banks, while making sure my kids get what they need and play the sports they want to play without the added financial restrictions of a heavier consistent car payment would over X amount of years, also the tax thing and gas guzzler tax thing, not to mention higher insurance ect ect.
Hope this maybe clarifies just one of the reasons why someone would want to "blow a V6"

I'm glad to see that you have your priorities in order, you'd be surprised at the number of people who don't. You're still however, going to need to fork out over 5 grand and it won't be on your schedule, rather a one time purchase, unless of course you finance.
Just wanting to get 'blown' is reason enough to do it and if that's your goal, go for it.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
Old 12-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exactly sir. That's why the 3.7 is a better and stronger engine than the 4.6. You're 4.6 can safely handle no more than 450 rwhp on factory internals. The 3.7 can handle 500 plus rwhp on factory internals. Ask LPF on here how much power his 3.7 is making on factory internals. 600 rwhp plus for months and completely fine.

Respectfully, you must not be familiar with the 3.7 engine and what is being done too them with boost. I say this not to degrade or belittle you but just giving friendly education about the 3.7 motor. It's very strong that can withhold a lot of power on factory internals.

As awesome as the coyote engine is the cyclone is equally awesome but just makes less power.
Well said. As I find it hard to believe, I do believe what you say and stand corrected. I still would be worried about the longevity of the stock components, I guess time will tell.
I'm glad to hear that this Cyclone is stronger than the 4.6 as I plan to run the 3.7 into the ground.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
Old 12-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well said. As I find it hard to believe, I do believe what you say and stand corrected. I still would be worried about the longevity of the stock components, I guess time will tell.
I'm glad to hear that this Cyclone is stronger than the 4.6 as I plan to run the 3.7 into the ground.
I agree about the longevity. Will our 3.7's last 100,000 miles running 550-600 rwhp. No idea. I ain't gonna find out. Ha ha ha.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm glad to see that you have your priorities in order, you'd be surprised at the number of people who don't. You're still however, going to need to fork out over 5 grand and it won't be on your schedule, rather a one time purchase, unless of course you finance.
Just wanting to get 'blown' is reason enough to do it and if that's your goal, go for it.
Yeah I know, 5k is a large investment. My wife still gives me the evil eye every time I even mention it lol.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:22 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
The way i see it. If shelby trusts the procharger for their gts then it should be safe. I got friend with an 07 gt procharged been running great for 50000 miles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang