Need to get a copy of my Mustang factory tune from SCT tuner! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Exclamation Need to get a copy of my Mustang factory tune from SCT tuner!

Both my laptop (Windows 7) and my desktop PC (Windows Vista) do not show my SCT X4 tuner in Windows Explorer which would typically enable me to transfer files. I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers from the SCT website, and the SCT software identifies the tuner with no problem, therefore my SCT X4 tuner is connected properly. Can anyone please help me as it is extremely important that I backup my Mustang's factory tune to another device other than the tuner in case it would ever be damaged or stolen. Thanks in advance guys
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Did you try hitting the button that says "Get Stock File from Device" in SCT Device Updater ?

Just a wild guess lol.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Did you try hitting the button that says "Get Stock File from Device" in SCT Device Updater ?

Just a wild guess lol.

LOL, boy do I feel like a dummy. I clicked on it earlier, but didn't follow the instructions to click on the "Browse" button to locate the destination of the folder to copy the factory tune file to. Typical guy, we don't need no stinkin' instructions, attitude. Thanks for your help, I'm good to go!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Just information, but when I bought my 14 GT it came with Airaid intake and SCT3 tuner. I had to take it into the dealer and wanted to put the stock tune back in but when I tried I got an error code. I called SCT (great bunch of guys) and they asked me to hook up my SCT tuner to my computer, then took over from their end and down loaded new software. I put the old tune back into the car, took it to the dealer.........just got it back and reloaded the hot tune.
Since I'm a non-tuner guy I have called and talked to SCT tech's a couple of times, and each time they have walked me through the setup.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang