Clunk from the trunk - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Clunk from the trunk

So driving home from work yesterday I noticed a clunking noise from the rear, but it wasn't the suspension. When I parked I popped the trunk to look around, assuming it was the tire iron or something that had come loose by the spare; well, I was kinda right. The small plastic piece that fits on the bottom of the trunk liner to protect it from the spare tire rod had come unglued. There was already a good sized hole wearing in the bottom of the trunk board from bouncing against the metal spare tire rod.

My first question is: WTF, Ford? Seems like there was a design issue identified and instead of fixing it they bubba'd a solution with the piece of plastic glued to the underside of the trunk liner.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm already thinking of solutions. My first thought is to cut down the rod as low as it can and then put a funnel around the rod with the wide end up against the trunk liner which would help distribute the load on more than one point; plus, then you have an extra funnel!

Also, while digging around I noticed that, although my car came with wheel locks, I don't have the key. I figured it would be stored with the spare tire equipment, but it's not. Any idea what I should expect to pay to replace it so I have it on hand?

I should have grabbed pictures but I just fixed the plastic piece with some Velcro until I came up with a better solution.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-13-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Laquisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,279
there's no body in the trunk right lol?....


Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Not right now. And that's a different clunking noise.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
So driving home from work yesterday I noticed a clunking noise from the rear, but it wasn't the suspension. When I parked I popped the trunk to look around, assuming it was the tire iron or something that had come loose by the spare; well, I was kinda right. The small plastic piece that fits on the bottom of the trunk liner to protect it from the spare tire rod had come unglued. There was already a good sized hole wearing in the bottom of the trunk board from bouncing against the metal spare tire rod.

My first question is: WTF, Ford? Seems like there was a design issue identified and instead of fixing it they bubba'd a solution with the piece of plastic glued to the underside of the trunk liner.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm already thinking of solutions. My first thought is to cut down the rod as low as it can and then put a funnel around the rod with the wide end up against the trunk liner which would help distribute the load on more than one point; plus, then you have an extra funnel!

Also, while digging around I noticed that, although my car came with wheel locks, I don't have the key. I figured it would be stored with the spare tire equipment, but it's not. Any idea what I should expect to pay to replace it so I have it on hand?

I should have grabbed pictures but I just fixed the plastic piece with some Velcro until I came up with a better solution.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the exact same problem with mine. I just cut it shorter. My key for the wheels was in my glove box with my THREE other lugs lol, never remembered to ask where the forth one went.

If you do decide to cut it make sure the black part is still on the rod below where your going to cut. That way once its cut you can just unscrew it off and that will correct the threads so you'll be able to get it back on. I used a grinder with a cutting disk, but a hack saw will do the trick also. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1418491716807.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	171754  
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Yup, that's what I'm gonna do. Need to break the dremel out when I get home. It already needs to be vacuumed due to the sawdust created from the rod digging a hole in the bottom of the liner.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,710
My buddy who used to have a mustang bought a spare black plastic piece that threads on the rod like you show in the picture. I just threaded the extra one on so the top of the rod is flush with the handle, that way it won't poke a hole. Granted, the board does sit up a little bit, but barely noticeable. It was a free easy fix since he just gave it to me.


2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Before
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418681438.202040.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	171936

During
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418681461.168218.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	171937

After (yeah, the little metal plate is upside down...)
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418681485.435362.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	171938


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Thumbs!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
So the clunk has returned. It seems the carpeted board that is the trunk liner rests on the metal of the body. When hitting bumps it is still producing an extremely loud clunk noise. Since I am going to add some sound dampening material to the trunk as well as a Weathertech liner, I don't expect this to continue, just wanted anyone looking for a solution to have a heads up. Wonder why it is that I seem to be unique in having this issue?
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Laquisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
So the clunk has returned. It seems the carpeted board that is the trunk liner rests on the metal of the body. When hitting bumps it is still producing an extremely loud clunk noise. Since I am going to add some sound dampening material to the trunk as well as a Weathertech liner, I don't expect this to continue, just wanted anyone looking for a solution to have a heads up. Wonder why it is that I seem to be unique in having this issue?

Hit em in the back of the head harder this time.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
I actually but 2 thin boards on either side sitting on the tire in my 2010 to stop it from wearing out more. It did stick up but it wasn't noticeable with the trunk closed.
The Mobility kit I have now has a flat surface on top with the rod actually lower than it.
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:10 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
So the clunk has returned. It seems the carpeted board that is the trunk liner rests on the metal of the body. When hitting bumps it is still producing an extremely loud clunk noise. Since I am going to add some sound dampening material to the trunk as well as a Weathertech liner, I don't expect this to continue, just wanted anyone looking for a solution to have a heads up. Wonder why it is that I seem to be unique in having this issue?
Hmmm, I'm even lowered so its a little stiffer than OEM and I don't have that issue. The liner itself is fairly heavy for a carpet with some press wood attached to it and shouldn't be producing any noise going over bumps. Keep us posted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Topeka
Region: Kansas
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Not right now. And that's a different clunking noise.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It concerns me that you would know what kind of clunking noise a body would make.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Hey, I used to have a Grand Marquis. You could fit 13 bodies in there if you twist them just right. Plus, I'm a master at Tetris!

The Mustang, it's a struggle to fit my golf clubs in there. Stupid 460cc driver...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Alright. Pulled the trunk liner out and went for a drive. Although there is plenty of wear on the trunk tub metal and underside of the liner, there was still noise while driving. Searching turns up other possibilities like sway bar endlinks/bushings or control arm bushings. Going to have to get this solved before I get my exhaust put on, otherwise I assume the dealer will just blame loose exhaust hangers or something.

The search continues...
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:30 PM   #16
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
So is this indeed the trunk interior stuff causing it? Because someone I knew had a 2012 and as much as we didnt want to think of it being a possibility, his rear rotors needed resurfaced. And it sounded like a noise from the trunk also.

We even tried lifting the car and spinning the wheels but didnt hear anything. We removed everything from the trunk also.

But once they did the rotors the noise was gone.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
So is this indeed the trunk interior stuff causing it? Because someone I knew had a 2012 and as much as we didnt want to think of it being a possibility, his rear rotors needed resurfaced. And it sounded like a noise from the trunk also.

We even tried lifting the car and spinning the wheels but didnt hear anything. We removed everything from the trunk also.

But once they did the rotors the noise was gone.
At this point I'm thinking suspension, and not stuff in the trunk. The entire trunk was emptied except the spare tire and jack, which are secured and do not rattle. I found a few youtube videos with recordings of sounds similar to what I am experiencing, and the consensus is that it's the sway bar endlinks or LCA bushings. Seeing as I have new LCAs waiting to go on I am going to resolve this first. I need to get a new jack as I don't think I'll be going back to my brother's any time soon, and that's where my tools are.
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:58 AM   #18
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Alright, went by the dealer this morning and took a ride with the service manager. He heard the same noises, agreed something wasn't right, and offered a loaner. But since I'm off today I just made an appointment for 1pm.

Tried to go get my exhaust put on but the shop everyone recommended is booked thru the end of the week. I guess that's a good sign.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Alright, went by the dealer this morning and took a ride with the service manager. He heard the same noises, agreed something wasn't right, and offered a loaner. But since I'm off today I just made an appointment for 1pm.

Tried to go get my exhaust put on but the shop everyone recommended is booked thru the end of the week. I guess that's a good sign.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Are you just putting on the axleback? If so, just do them yourself it's so easy and save you some some cash.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:45 AM   #20
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Are you just putting on the axleback? If so, just do them yourself it's so easy and save you some some cash.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
Guy I bought them from had them put on his GT. Need to have the V6 pipes welded back on before it will bolt up, then the guy said just another $20 to throw them on and make sure they're aligned with the bumper.
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Guy I bought them from had them put on his GT. Need to have the V6 pipes welded back on before it will bolt up, then the guy said just another $20 to throw them on and make sure they're aligned with the bumper.

Ok gotcha.. Goodluck and oh by the way I just had mine fixed when I had the clunk in the trunk before and it was the sway bar links. Replaced it in no time.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:17 PM   #22
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Rear driver side shock. Part had to be ordered. Covered under warranty.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:14 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Rear driver side shock. Part had to be ordered. Covered under warranty.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope it actually works for you that quickly. I had a clunk too just like you described, and they ended up replacing basically the whole suspension (under warranty) before they found the part that was the source: the bushings. Sounds like for you they already isolated it though. Let us know if it solves the problem.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Salesman told me the service manager has been there 20 years and if he can't find it then nobody can. Still took him 2 hours, lol. I like my dealer. Don't feel like I'm surrounded by slimeballs when I'm there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:29 PM   #25
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
So, shock replaced and there is still a clunk. New sway bar end links were ordered (like I suggested in the first place). Should be in on Monday.

Oh, and my wheel lock was up in the glove box. It looks like it was shoved in there so when the box opened the top of the plastic bag caught on a lip and it wasn't visible. But now that I got the owners manual fitted in its slot everything else fits in the glove box much better.
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
RaceRed3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Tulsa
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
So, shock replaced and there is still a clunk. New sway bar end links were ordered (like I suggested in the first place). Should be in on Monday.

Oh, and my wheel lock was up in the glove box. It looks like it was shoved in there so when the box opened the top of the plastic bag caught on a lip and it wasn't visible. But now that I got the owners manual fitted in its slot everything else fits in the glove box much better.
Let us now! I have the same problem.
__________________
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:36 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
So, shock replaced and there is still a clunk. New sway bar end links were ordered (like I suggested in the first place). Should be in on Monday.

Oh, and my wheel lock was up in the glove box. It looks like it was shoved in there so when the box opened the top of the plastic bag caught on a lip and it wasn't visible. But now that I got the owners manual fitted in its slot everything else fits in the glove box much better.
You're going down the same road I did... Did they check the bushings yet?

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #28
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed3.7 View Post
Let us now! I have the same problem.
Haha, talked with my salesman while I was there. They have a 2012 on the used lot as well and he got curious and took a ride with the service manager after I left last time. Sure enough, they heard the same sounds. Said they checked all Ford TSBs and didn't find anything, but were really surprised because as he put it, "What are the odds we have the only two that do this?"

Anyways, they're picking it up from my work next week, fixing it, and returning it to work.
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #29
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
You're going down the same road I did... Did they check the bushings yet?

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Haha, I'm guessing they have steps they have to follow, or are milking warranty $$$ from Ford since I'm not paying a dime but they've now had the car a total of 5hrs on two visits.
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
RaceRed3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Tulsa
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Haha, talked with my salesman while I was there. They have a 2012 on the used lot as well and he got curious and took a ride with the service manager after I left last time. Sure enough, they heard the same sounds. Said they checked all Ford TSBs and didn't find anything, but were really surprised because as he put it, "What are the odds we have the only two that do this?"

Anyways, they're picking it up from my work next week, fixing it, and returning it to work.
Good! and I dont think its the only two that do that lol. More like 70% haha. And the stock LCA squeak like a mofo!
__________________
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:30 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
VTHokiez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 174
I was told this is a product of the two-piece drive shaft. I hear the same noises and had my bushings, control arms and shocks replaced... Still clunking.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
VTHokiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:19 PM   #32
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiez View Post
I was told this is a product of the two-piece drive shaft. I hear the same noises and had my bushings, control arms and shocks replaced... Still clunking.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I could understand this if the noise didn't suddenly appear 2 months after I had the car. The sound has gotten better with the new shock but there is still a rattle so I'm going to let them keep spending Ford's money until they have it resolved.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #33
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Ahhhhhh, silence!

Two new sway bar end links seem to have done the trick. Went on a drive to several areas where I have heard the noise previously, and nothing coming from the rear any more exhaust my Borlas!

Salesman said since I first brought mine in they've had two more with the same noise and similar miles, but said they found no TSBs or info from Ford on it.

Now I can install the suspension parts I've been sitting on until I got this resolved!
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
RaceRed3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Tulsa
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Ahhhhhh, silence!

Two new sway bar end links seem to have done the trick. Went on a drive to several areas where I have heard the noise previously, and nothing coming from the rear any more exhaust my Borlas!

Salesman said since I first brought mine in they've had two more with the same noise and similar miles, but said they found no TSBs or info from Ford on it.

Now I can install the suspension parts I've been sitting on until I got this resolved!
Good to know! Thanks!
__________________
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trunk clunk from bumps Macluva18 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 10 11-20-2011 11:11 AM
Loud Clunk V6Mustang40th Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 6 11-12-2011 01:00 PM
Occassional "clunk" on start up flash4353 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 12 10-11-2007 07:12 PM
2004 Ford Mustang - clunk? lisalulu Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 7 05-08-2007 09:01 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:42 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.