Got an Ebay 3.7 CAI, and looks like well made - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Update on ny Ebay CAI, not yet on car , too much C'mas and New year stuff plus the cold weather has put this mod on idle.
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2015, 08:48 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Also too I read something in regards to velocity and how a smaller port will increase velocity (with the right shape) and therefore more air will enter and you'll get more power. I really need to find that article or webpage.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:30 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That's true, to an extent, but eventually it physically becomes a flow restriction. Basically you're trading low end velocity (more low end torque) for high end velocity (more top end torque = more top end whp) when switching to "bigger" pipes most times.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 08:03 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
That's true, to an extent, but eventually it physically becomes a flow restriction. Basically you're trading low end velocity (more low end torque) for high end velocity (more top end torque = more top end whp) when switching to "bigger" pipes most times.
Oh exactly, it just fascinates me how you can rework something in so many different ways and get results specific to your needs. Im on the street the entire time. i never see a track. So I want a set up that gives me great low end grunt and a power curve from 2k to 4k. I know im making power up top but its not my main focus. Another thing to; going off this velocity, is at what point would you need to make your ports bigger or would it matter for basic bolt ons? Im just throwing questions out there at this point, but it is great to learn.
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:22 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Just cleaning out my subscription pages and came across this. Any update?
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai