Bama Tuned V6 Gains and feel - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-15-2014, 10:02 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDPartiD View Post
And yeah i have the factory 2.73. Which while we're on the subject, 3.55 or 3.73? And can that really be the whole problem? Because if it is, I'm swapping the rear end Gear and pinion tomorrow.
That is your problem. People get mixed up with the feeling of torque and HP. Torque is the slam you in the back of the seat off the line stuff, HP is the omfg this car is going fast side...if that makes any sense. The 2.73 gears severely limit the already low torque output of this car. By going with 3.55 or 3.73 your going to get that off the line punch you want, while the tune will allow you to hold that power all the way through the power band. Expecting the tuner to solve the problem of the 2.73 gears is unfair. Once you combine both, that's when it becomes a completely different car.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
+1 on gears being your problem more than tune. While I do plan on tuning my 14 at some point, my only reason is because I plan on 3.55 gears and don't like the fact my "sports" car is limited to 115 after owning full size sedans that could do better than 120. I think you were expecting too much from the tune. While I don't doubt a tune is beneficial, I do believe the people that profess their car feels like a completely different car either have a different idea of what that means than me or its placebo effect. I don't know about your hesitation problem though, I refuse to buy an automatic, I find shifting makes driving so much more fun.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
95Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:00 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Here are some virtual dyno comparing stock and tuned. Blue line is stock with CAI and 93 octane. Red is MPT tune, CAI and 93 octane.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1418713044627.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	171987  
JR4288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #39
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I was wondering if anyone else has their 3.7 V6 tuned by Bama, and had felt it falls way short of the professed "different beast" hyperbole. I'm currently still working with them, but I can honestly say, after 3 Tunes up front, and 3 revised tunes, I'm still very disappointed. The car is an Automatic as well, which they say experiences the "most dramatic" gains. Thoughts?
Quote:
American muscle is misleading in selling that intake, and having Bama unable to time for the freaking thing. And they offer free tines for life, but don't do Ghost Cams for V6, nor do they time for racing octane. What the hell? No 110 tune, even by special request? And I've been told they maxed my shift pressures on the Rev tunes, but it's not the slam shift I wanted, i know they tune semi conservative, but really?
Hey Chris-Thanks for taking the time to have this posted up! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your tunes and I think there's definitely a bit that needs to be cleared up as Bama can absolutely tune for a Cold Air Intake!

I'll cut right to the chase on the 110 Tunes and the reason Bama does not offer them for the V6 right now is based on their testing that no additional power can be had from the use of race fuel; Should a customer wish to use it, like their Supercharged and nitrous tunes they can tune for this type of fuel as long as the Stoichiometric point is provided by the customer.

As per the shift pressure firmness, Bama's Race tune does set the pressures to the maximum valve they feel should be used on a stock transmission, however, datalogging with a list of parameters they provide will allow them to see if the transmission is actually delivering those pressures. Additionally they
turn of all transmission/torque reduction with their Race Tune meaning it will shift as hard as possible ( + / - ) some line pressure and not limit during shifts.

Being said the Bama team is happy to have a log set up with the parameters below to see if they're able to adjust the pressure for you further. I would try to catch a ride in a 3.73 or 4.10 equipped V6 to get an idea of what it's like though!

(This link below clearly identifies what parameters to log for automatic vehicles as well if anyone has questions/wondering

https://support.bamaperformance.com/...4-Mustang-ALL-

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I can promise you the gains are there, maybe you just thought it would be more dramatic
Definitely! Even if it's only been a few miles the car will take some time to acclimate as Bama has said before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I wrote a review on my experience with 93 Race. Everything works perfectly on my end. Dramatically improved driving experience.
Thank you kindly sir! Feel free to drop a link in here if you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
There should be no long hesitation between that especially with an auto...
There is nothing wrong with bama tunes, you may just have been expecting more .... Yes it's big gains but it's not gonna turn your car into a Lamborghini
Long time no see B! The line pressure can absolutely be modified further within reason for the op!

Quote:
Request Paul to take a look at your logs
Already looked over the tunes with him around 8:30 and I know he's working on some adjustments as we speak!

Quote:
And yeah i have the factory 2.73. Which while we're on the subject, 3.55 or 3.73? And can that really be the whole problem? Because if it is, I'm swapping the rear end Gear and pinion tomorrow.
Shoot right for 4.10's if you're after a snap- The only thing I would put out there is that pending your commute and how heavy your foot is you could see a decease in fuel consumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_runner91 View Post
I have the exact same hesitation in second gear. I can actually watch my rpms dip. Just like you said it's almost like the car is shifting. It even does it in sport mode when I am manually shifting with the little button....
We along with Bama have heard this too-Pretty shocking that it's on cars right from the factory!

Quote:
I paid 470 for iTSX, with tunes. Plus the 300 for the intake (which sounds sweet as hell) but my first tune was so weak, i thought i might be running lean and doing damage, as if it wasn't tuned at all. And customer support has been garbage. They don't answer my questions, and send me pre written templates. Then won't guide me to the right things i should log so they can fix it, and honestly have left a real bad taste in mouth over the whole ordeal.
Chris-Again I want to apologize about this but I would personally assure you that Bama's tunes would do zero damage to your car. I've been reviewing the correspondence you've had with the Bama guys and I'll be speaking with them as soon as they're on site. Moving forward I'm going to see to it that you're working with Paul to have this sorted. Hang tight, they'll get you in good shape very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
That is your problem. People get mixed up with the feeling of torque and HP. Torque is the slam you in the back of the seat off the line stuff, HP is the omfg this car is going fast side...if that makes any sense. The 2.73 gears severely limit the already low torque output of this car. By going with 3.55 or 3.73 your going to get that off the line punch you want, while the tune will allow you to hold that power all the way through the power band. Expecting the tuner to solve the problem of the 2.73 gears is unfair. Once you combine both, that's when it becomes a completely different car.
^This. I would even take it a step further and again go right for a 4.10. It's going to be that much of a difference!

If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to let me know .
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Alex I think that's the longest post I have ever seen you write. you definitely covered everything thoroughly
OP- get some 4.10's like Alex said if you want some crazy off the line changes. Tune is 100% safe !!

Alex - I have been away from the forum for awhile, personal things exploded along with work and school but it's good to finally have some free time. I will FINALLY be doing a data log this weekend with Bama praying the weather holds up. Been getting a strange whining I think it may be a belt problem....
I will also be ordering a wheel and tire combo from AM for Christmas!! I have a few questions whenever you get a chance.

OP- again, Alex covered everything thoroughly and then some!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 12-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
First of all Ghost cam tunes should not even touch a car, and if you are wanting staff like high octane tunes you need a different tuner as bama is basic in nature

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Agreed....sounds great but boy i cant help but wonder the things that could be going wrong with long time use.
Quote:
Request Paul to take a look at your logs

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
I wouldnt worry about logs just yet...a simple new request should help. Ive done it many times before i was really on this szite. I would get a tune. it it felt like crap i just requested a new one and more often than not it fixed the issue i was having.
Quote:
3.73! I was dumb and installed 3.31s, but I got them free as they were OEM take offs from my dads GT500 and my uncle helped install them.

Quote:
Throttle Hesitation

That's a forum on permanent removal of "adaptive shifting", rewiring fuse 47 to a relay to shut off every time the car is shut off. Apparently it's Torque Converter Lock Up. But fuse removal fixes it for 2 weeks or so.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

I'll request Bama remove this and see what they say.
BAMA can not remove adaptive shifting, just like they cant adjust the tune in Sport mode or "manual" shifting mode on autos.

Quote:
Alex I think that's the longest post I have ever seen you write. you definitely covered everything thoroughly
OP- get some 4.10's like Alex said if you want some crazy off the line changes. Tune is 100% safe !!

Alex - I have been away from the forum for awhile, personal things exploded along with work and school but it's good to finally have some free time. I will FINALLY be doing a data log this weekend with Bama praying the weather holds up. Been getting a strange whining I think it may be a belt problem....
I will also be ordering a wheel and tire combo from AM for Christmas!! I have a few questions whenever you get a chance.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
You got some balls to be dataloging in such garbage weather...I stopped because i couldnt get any traction with my All Seasons and decided it was too cold to get a good log...Id wait till spring AFTER you get the Ported manifolds and TB spacer
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #42
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

All in a days work!

Shoot me a PM or give my customer service team a call at 1-866-727-1266 and they can get you some help if you need something answered immediately.
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
For those interested, It took a couple days, but contact and says logging with Bama turned out fairly well. The car finally feels normal. Although I am suspicious given its new behavior it was tuned wrong the first two times. Which makes me worry, but hey. Ryan McDonald was the Tuning Tech Lead who helped me. Did a good job. I feel confident my car is dining properly. Feels much better. I'll keep the forum posted, but the first results feel solid and powerful.
ThaDPartiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:37 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Why cant we delete our own posts again?
Old 12-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Thats good to hear, a log is ALWAYS the best way to...never expect anything "amazing" when buying a "canned" tune online. LOL they cant even SEE your car so how could they get it 100% the first time. there is a lot that goes into it, the fact each car runs on a differently coded ECU, different driving styles, conditions, mods. They can get it into a SAFE range. That I do agree. never has any of BAMAs canned tune cars been hurt or had any kind of malfunction that has disabled it badly enough to warrant a repair. Your in good hands when it comes to that, but sometimes there is a little blip with the tune and the car runs a little off, sometimes worse than normal, but at the end of the day they correct it and youre never happier..................till you get an MPT tune which desecrates all others and creates an animal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1419086445209.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	172247  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang