Water Leak (Sloshing) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2015, 11:39 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
is there a way to epoxy or seal it up yourself and save ur car the rust or is it in a closed area?
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2015, 12:31 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowconve View Post
is there a way to epoxy or seal it up yourself and save ur car the rust or is it in a closed area?
apparently you can undo the seatbelt mechanism at the bottom, pull up the carpet, then pull out that kick panel and you'll see the water in there. people say to shop-vac it out, then seal up all the factory seals and it'll stop...but this is what the ford dealerships do when you bring it in for warranty, so who knows. one guy had to go back like 3 times because it kept getting in even after ford kept sealing it up.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:25 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

ouch that must suck for it to re-occur causing rust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2015, 01:49 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Does anyone have a PIC of where about this happens?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

on page one there is a link with some pics bro that may be what ur looking for
Old 01-24-2015, 03:08 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
**** lol! I hate when people do exactly what I just did!!!! Thanks for spoon feeding me, maybe if I actually Read the post from the beginning I wouldn't feel so dumb lol. Thanks bud.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

ur welcome buddy.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:03 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

ugh nope. def NOT the gas tank on mine. i did it tonight again and i'm able to reproduce it constantly. when you start to take off, just slam the brakes, which causes the car to go into a nice up/down motion, and that makes the water slosh like crazy. holy hell it sounds like A LOT is in there too. UGH!

first the bubbling paint on my hood lip, now water getting caught inside....seriously ford, what's going on in your factories? this is my first ford, and already within the less than 10 months i've owned it, it'll be going into the dealer for 2 issues to be fixed under warranty.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 01-26-2015, 03:00 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, when mine had the water in it with any sudden change of direction you could easily hear it sloshing around the actual body panels. I've never once heard the gas sloshing around. As for sealing it yourself, i'm sure its possible but something like this I want to be on record with the dealership in case it causes any further problems.
rgstelzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Its the gas. Hear it every now and then in mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
iaintacop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:59 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaintacop View Post
Its the gas. Hear it every now and then in mine

lol not in mine, def not. it's loud as hell and it's coming from right behind me. it's inside the panels. the gas is underneath.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Got me nervous checked it out right now and I dont hear any noise with half a tank so im curious as to whether or not mine has this issue as well

iaintacop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:23 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Mine started it doing it again. It's been super cold so you can hear chunks of ice in addition to the water pinging around. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

here's how i replicate it everytime.

i let off the clutch and give it a bit of gas to move it forward, then slam the brakes. the up/down motion of the car makes it slosh back to front and you really hear it.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:48 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
here's how i replicate it everytime.

i let off the clutch and give it a bit of gas to move it forward, then slam the brakes. the up/down motion of the car makes it slosh back to front and you really hear it.

Yeah. I do the exact same thing. I though I was being paranoid and thought it was the fuel tank. But when I heard the ice I knew it was that.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-27-2015, 09:37 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

time for us to give our dealers a call lol. mines going in within like 3 weeks for a hood repaint.. hopefully for the week they have it, they can do this too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
time for us to give our dealers a call lol. mines going in within like 3 weeks for a hood repaint.. hopefully for the week they have it, they can do this too.

how bad was the paint peeling from the hood and did they warranty it? can u post a pic of the peeling paint plz
Old 01-27-2015, 06:55 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

nah didn't peel yet. it's just bubbling. hard to see but Ford approved it immediately

Old 01-28-2015, 08:43 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The dealers know about the water. If they look at you, when you are telling them what you hear, they are full of tihs. This happens to alot of cars. Its a 1hr fix if you dont like taking your car into the dealer like me.
Roush Stage 1 blower,OE boost gauge,Custom axleback,MRT H-pipe,Barton short shifter and bracket,Whiteline trans bushing,McCleod RXT twin disc clutch w/billet steel flywheel,Steeda braided clutch line,Steeda g-force brace,Steeda subframe braces,Whiteline front sway bar,SR rear sway bar,SR rear vertical links,MM camber plates,Mich Pilot SS tires,Roush rear spoiler and hood heat extractors,25mm wheel spacers,and Ford Performance hood shocks,JLT oil separator,Flossy heavy weight shift knob
20bmr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:43 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
nah didn't peel yet. it's just bubbling. hard to see but Ford approved it immediately

on my car i got like a hair covered with paint and a few bubles on the bottom of the door that u cant see . could u post a pic so i can see if its the same issue i got and is there a tsb number or how did u get them to paint it again?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang