V-6 hate by older GT owners - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2673ad View Post
Hello

Kind of funny that so many V-8 guys are trolling down here on the V-6 page.

I guess we did hit a sore spot.

Lighten up Francis

Cars are cars. After you crew one of these Abrams, your big motor and horsepower claims seem silly.
Not trolling....it came in the Mustang Evo Daily - 13 New Topics

Hard to miss when in the thread title somebodys blasting V8's for blasting V6's.....which nobody is actually doing if you read the whole thread.

Not sure who Francis is...but I'm pretty sure they aren't blasting V6's either....the hate and envy comes from the 6ers....don't believe me?
Check around...every hate thread comes from a 6 popper whining about how the V8 guys hate their poor selves. It's pathetic.

On a side note, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
Takes guts to do what you do to protect folks that sometimes don't deserve it.

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
ArtU, you have to leave the line sooner. The light was green and you were still sitting there. You should be leaving at some point on the last yellow. I think that EcoBoost did the same thing. If you would have left sooner, he wouldn't have gotten as far out at the finish line.
Yes I know that, I red lighted a few times that day as well leaving on the last yellow. But it doesn't change the times, I could have sat there for 10 more secs and still done the 13.1. Leaving the line the soonest matters for who gets the win yes, but not the time.

The other thing that bothers me about that video is the sound syncs differently on just about every PC I watch it on. Some have the audio of my car leaving the line while the 2nd yellow light comes on.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
We were sitting at the mall last weekend and a sixxer pulled up and revved her engine. We all laughed at her and threw eggs, chicken bones, and Vanilla Ice cassette tapes at her and told her to bring Momma's car back to Momma. She tried to do a burn out then and the rubber band fell off somewhere under the hood. She called a tow truck on her LG Shine and when the tow truck guy shows up to tow her away, he looked and said "nah-ah, girl, dat's a sixxer and my baby don't tow no sixxers." She got mad then and crumpled up her car and threw it in the trash can. Then some homeless guy walked by, checked the trash can for snacks and grabbed the sixxer and threw it out and yelled he was going to sue the mall for letting someone throw sixxers in the trash, that they are only supposed to go in K-Mart trash cans or port-a-potties. I felt sorry for the homeless guy, all he was looking for was a bite to eat and he ended up touching a sixxer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #74
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
🎅
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1418858715694.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	172084  
Old 12-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014SGM View Post
We were sitting at the mall last weekend and a sixxer pulled up and revved her engine. We all laughed at her and threw eggs, chicken bones, and Vanilla Ice cassette tapes at her and told her to bring Momma's car back to Momma. She tried to do a burn out then and the rubber band fell off somewhere under the hood. She called a tow truck on her LG Shine and when the tow truck guy shows up to tow her away, he looked and said "nah-ah, girl, dat's a sixxer and my baby don't tow no sixxers." She got mad then and crumpled up her car and threw it in the trash can. Then some homeless guy walked by, checked the trash can for snacks and grabbed the sixxer and threw it out and yelled he was going to sue the mall for letting someone throw sixxers in the trash, that they are only supposed to go in K-Mart trash cans or port-a-potties. I felt sorry for the homeless guy, all he was looking for was a bite to eat and he ended up touching a sixxer.

Oh Dude....Vanilla Ice cassette tapes?

That's going too far.

Tuned by AED
Old 12-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Yes I know that, I red lighted a few times that day as well leaving on the last yellow. But it doesn't change the times, I could have sat there for 10 more secs and still done the 13.1. Leaving the line the soonest matters for who gets the win yes, but not the time.

The other thing that bothers me about that video is the sound syncs differently on just about every PC I watch it on. Some have the audio of my car leaving the line while the 2nd yellow light comes on.

I understand it doesn't change your ET, just feels better when your get there first. By only watching one video, I really didn't know your strategy. Sounds like you already know not to wait. I see so many people sleeping at the line, just wanted to make sure you knew you didn't have to wait for the green.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
Old 12-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

New v6's are whack af

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

:pop:

Old 12-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

:pop:

Old 12-17-2014, 06:18 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I understand it doesn't change your ET, just feels better when your get there first. By only watching one video, I really didn't know your strategy. Sounds like you already know not to wait. I see so many people sleeping at the line, just wanted to make sure you knew you didn't have to wait for the green.
I didn't really have a strategy that day, it was a timing NO ET day, IE they didn't show the ET On the boards for lurkers to know what the cars were doing for "bets" I guess. My goal was to see how to launch best with the less spin and get a low ET, not win a race . That 13.1 was my best ET of the day with 107 mph. I was doing 13.7s at first it was cold you can see the jackets on folks. I think you noticed why now that I am remembering, I was watching the KEWL LIvernos EcoBoost and not the tree.

At least I beat a Trailer Park Camero here in this video with a 13.3 105 but again I was watching the other car for some reason being it wasn't real racing.

You can tell when they made me roll up my windows, In road racing they make you have your windows open, here they made me roll them up.
Art
Old 12-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Maybe it's time for us to bury the hatchet guys. We all need to band together against this coming "EcoBoost Scourge". It may take all of the strength of our combined cylinders to fight them off!
If we belittle them enough, maybe they'll think that their cars aren't worth modding and it will buy us all some time.

So what do you say guys? A truce so that we can fight our common enemy?

There is already an Ecoboost mustang

And I'm sure this thing will hand a lot of people their asses

http://youtu.be/Uf1ShwOousI

Old 12-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
The reason why you get some 3v guys hating on the 3.7 is because it started with cocky ignorant 3.7 owners comparing 305 hp vs 300 hp saying the 3.7 V6 is faster than the 4.6 V8 and there was no point in getting the 4.6 etc.

As a 3v owner I used to take offense to this. But when I started racing I was shown the truth. My advice to 3.7 guys is go race a 4.6 1st and then see if you have room to talk such a big game then.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
The reason why you get some 3v guys hating on the 3.7 is because it started with cocky ignorant 3.7 owners comparing 305 hp vs 300 hp saying the 3.7 V6 is faster than the 4.6 V8 and there was no point in getting the 4.6 etc.

As a 3v owner I used to take offense to this. But when I started racing I was shown the truth. My advice to 3.7 guys is go race a 4.6 1st and then see if you have room to talk such a big game then.

Funny how everyone uses rwhp when talking about cars yet v6 owners conveniently throw out 300hp to make it faster in their head lol

They still look bad *** tho

Old 12-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_dredd View Post
There is already an Ecoboost mustang

And I'm sure this thing will hand a lot of people their asses

http://youtu.be/Uf1ShwOousI

I was referring to when they become as common, out on the road, as our cars are now. And, especially, when the modded EcoBoosts hit the streets.

I agree, everyone is in for a rude awakening...

Except maybe Fabman and a few others.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:48 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
I didn't really have a strategy that day, it was a timing NO ET day, IE they didn't show the ET On the boards for lurkers to know what the cars were doing for "bets" I guess. My goal was to see how to launch best with the less spin and get a low ET, not win a race . That 13.1 was my best ET of the day with 107 mph. I was doing 13.7s at first it was cold you can see the jackets on folks. I think you noticed why now that I am remembering, I was watching the KEWL LIvernos EcoBoost and not the tree.

At least I beat a Trailer Park Camero here in this video with a 13.3 105 but again I was watching the other car for some reason being it wasn't real racing.

You can tell when they made me roll up my windows, In road racing they make you have your windows open, here they made me roll them up.
Art

Open windows will slow you down anyway. Too much drag.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
Old 12-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was referring to when they become as common, out on the road, as our cars are now. And, especially, when the modded EcoBoosts hit the streets.

I agree, everyone is in for a rude awakening...

Except maybe Fabman and a few others.
Heck no...my old dinosaur 3V was obsolete the minute they came out with the Coyote.
Ford just keeps getting better and better.
Unfortunately I had just started my latest 3V mega build when the Coyote's first became available as a crate motor.

**A Stock set of Coyote heads flows more than my mega dollar stage 3 CNC ported 3V heads....and no stroker kit needed to get to 5.0.

Yeah, that sucked, but I'm not bitter, I'm happy for Ford!

Tuned by AED
Old 12-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The only 3.7 hate I have personally witnessed is from 4.6 2v/3v owners. Oddly enough, these are the same group of babies that cry when an Fbody, DSM, Honda, Cub Cadet or anything else rapes them after they instigated it. It seems like Fox, Coyote and GT500 owners generally are cool as f, regardless of what you're driving.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Art
Yeah, funny how the rules differ.
You can go 120+ mph around corners, up and down hills with other cars on the track and no roll cage.....but if you wanna go 120 mph in a straight line all by yourself with walls on both sides you have to have a litany of safety gear.
Weird.

Tuned by AED
Old 12-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
The only 3.7 hate I have personally witnessed is from 4.6 2v/3v owners. Oddly enough, these are the same group of babies that cry when an Fbody, DSM, Honda, Cub Cadet or anything else rapes them after they instigated it. It seems like Fox, Coyote and GT500 owners generally are cool as f, regardless of what you're driving.
Don't bother me none.
A faster car always deserves the win, no matter what kind it is.

Don't get me wrong, I make some full blown race cars look silly with my grocery getter....but I also get my *** handed to me occasionally. I just smile and wave.

Tuned by AED
Old 12-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
CUB CADET!?!??!!
That's not a fair comparison Ish... Some of those are pushing upwards of 20 horsepower!
And I actually beat the last Honda that I raced.
Only it wasn't in my car.

You know that we have issues... Why do you tease?
Old 12-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
Yeah, funny how the rules differ.
You can go 120+ mph around corners, up and down hills with other cars on the track and no roll cage.....but if you wanna go 120 mph in a straight line all by yourself with walls on both sides you have to have a litany of safety gear.
Weird.
That's the difference between the NHRA and the SCCA.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hondas > mustangs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 12-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Soccer-...Thats just 1 guy so far...look at Alifire or alfire...whatever, anyway his took a crap on him at just over 460-470whp. Blames the tuning which is understandable but from the thread it sounded like her kept having things go wrong here and there from the start. So far its still sounds like a lot of work in progress. 4 k to build a motor isnt much, if your buying a crate engine built for boost you might be able to find one or if you do all the work yourself with a modest amount of parts.
I know him and it was the tune, not only engine tune but trans portion of tune also. That's what happens when you take it to a V8 dyno tuner who has never touched or worked on a Ford 3.7 V6, not even in NA form. Also the dyno tuner had the car for a week to get the tune sorted out. In the end he only got 1/2 his money back from the dyno tuner and has to build a new engine. Sounds like a rip off to me.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
I got beat in my 2013 GT by a 2015 EcoBoost 4cyl. They turned in 12.1 on racegas , boosted boost, and slicks. I got a 13.1 due to street tire spin.

I had a 2013 V6 that did about 325hpr on 93 octane MPT tune with Steeda CAI and 3.55 gear. Turned 5.4 sec 0-60s in that making 300hpr 3Vs hate
Those damn whippersnappers and their boosted 4's! They'll be the death of my I tell ya!

On another note I find the whole power thing irrelevant for me. I have an interest in autocross and find suspension mods much more beneficial than making huge power. I also ride motorcycles and I see the kids on the R1's bragging about how their bike is so fast and would beat my bike etc. Then you take them to the mountains and before you know it I'm a mile ahead of them. Driving in a straight line is easy, taking all that power and putting it through a windy road is something completely different.

**Edit** I'm not saying having a ton of power isn't fun, and I would have a GT if I could, but for my uses the v6 works well. Also, if I want to go fast I'll hop on my bike. Nothing like going *** (mods) with nothing around you.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #94
ME Bloodhound
Staff

V-6 hate by older GT owners

This isn't v6/v8 related. But I've noticed lately there is a ton of **** talk between drag racers, but most road racers or autocrossers are cool with each other, even when competing for the same trophy.

I get into more arguments with other Mustang owners than I do with civic owners at autocrosses. Actually I haven't gotten into any argument ever when talking about corners. I mention something to a drag racer and all hell breaks loose.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 12-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Funny how everyone uses rwhp when talking about cars yet v6 owners conveniently throw out 300hp to make it faster in their head lol

They still look bad *** tho

Old 12-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I hate all cars that aren't exactly like mine. Mine is the best and I have no respect for anybody elses cars. U all suck unless you have a 1999 silver vert GT manual with a big rip in the convertible top and borla ataks on it.

Seriously tho, I give props to all of the 2005+ v6 stangs as long as they are manual. If its auto v6, its still cool in my book because I know if I had one I would still like it. Hell, I think any mustang is cool. even the sn95 v6 cars are probably fun to drive. If I had one I would make it handle really good and just drive it hard as **** wide open all the time.

Still love my V8 and my manual tranny. That's what lifes all about to me.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I never really give any thought to what someone else is thinking of me or the car I drive. My car has enough kick to be fun for me to drive and I am happy with it. That is all that matters to me. And if someone else has a car they like better, I am happy for them, because liking what they have is what is important.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
So to conclude this thread... Ask yourself what the meaning of life is to you and that's all that matters.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
NHRA=Not hardly racing at all
SCCA=Spoiled children crashing automobiles.

Take your pick.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote:
NHRA=Not hardly racing at all
SCCA=Spoiled children crashing automobiles.

Take your pick.

I spent 12 years in a stock car....now THATS racing !

Tuned by AED
Old 12-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
The only real racing is formula 1...**ducks for cover**
Old 12-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #101
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
So to conclude this thread... Ask yourself what the meaning of life is to you and that's all that matters.
Forty-two.

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
Old 12-17-2014, 10:22 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

I understand the whole V8 power thing, the power is awesome. I could have gotten a V8, I can afford the extra up-front cost and worse mileage, but I don't really race and it's power would have been wasted on me. So basically, I decided to save money and get a base v6 6spd.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:45 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
I bought the V8 because I wanted V6 owners to always feel inferior around my superior car. It works, too. The V6 owners seem to always mention their car is a V6, like it's a badge of honor or something. I usually say something like "twin turbos?" and they say "no, but it's the fastest V6 ever." Then I remind them of the 15 other V6 cars that are faster, and that my stock GT still blows all of them away.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:58 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
This isn't v6/v8 related. But I've noticed lately there is a ton of **** talk between drag racers, but most road racers or autocrossers are cool with each other, even when competing for the same trophy.

I get into more arguments with other Mustang owners than I do with civic owners at autocrosses. Actually I haven't gotten into any argument ever when talking about corners. I mention something to a drag racer and all hell breaks loose.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Back to my "bone to pick" with LPF; Dont start none, wont be none. I am painting a broad brush here, but i feel like everyone who drag races has something to prove: My car is the best, my parts are the best, my tune is the best, come to my shop to be the best, so they're always bad mouthing everyone else. Every shop you ever talk to (ok, Most shops) say every other shop is full of retards and they do things wrong lol.

When doing corners though lol, just because you can afford it doesn't mean you can drive it, and there's so much more to learn to go faster from the other guys, and 95% of the time it doesn't involve buying more parts. I always tell my GF to just go stick your head in some guys engine bay, and let them start talking about it. People LOVE to talk about their cars, their set ups, what they're doing to go faster, how they attack a corner. Its not all hush hush, and sandbagging like drag racing. I just feel like everyone on a road course is more willing to be there, despite the obvious human competitive nature.

That being said, i only do open track days, no formal competing, so i may be completely off here.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:59 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014SGM View Post
I bought the V8 because I wanted V6 owners to always feel inferior around my superior car. It works, too. The V6 owners seem to always mention their car is a V6, like it's a badge of honor or something. I usually say something like "twin turbos?" and they say "no, but it's the fastest V6 ever." Then I remind them of the 15 other V6 cars that are faster, and that my stock GT still blows all of them away.

😜😜😜

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang