2012 Deep Sounding V6 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #36

Region: Texas
I can't speak to the overall sound but if your going for HP then the xpipe is the only way to go...don't get me wrong I want my car to sound great but performance is why I put exhaust on in the first place
2014stang3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014stang3.7 View Post
I can't speak to the overall sound but if your going for HP then the xpipe is the only way to go...don't get me wrong I want my car to sound great but performance is why I put exhaust on in the first place
Sorry man, i have to blast you for this.

Xpipe VS H pipe = a very small HP difference.
You WILL NOT feel it or notice it.
You are more likely to feel the HP difference buying an Airriad CAI and comparing it to a BBK or Steeda CAI. So please...people. STOP saying its more performance. Its not, and the dyno numbers are so negligable that you will see different numbers from both on different dynos...
They will both give you performance, they will both increase your power.... The only thing anyone needs to decide on between the two is how it will make their exhaust sound. H pipes tend to compliment most AB mufflers while the X pipe is tricky and what sounds good stock might sound like crap when you install an X pipe.

People...PLEASE READ!! A beginner's guide to modifying your V6

(Again, im sorry for going off, but Im tired of seeing this kind of posting over and over again)
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Sorry man, i have to blast you for this.

Xpipe VS H pipe = a very small HP difference.
You WILL NOT feel it or notice it.
You are more likely to feel the HP difference buying an Airriad CAI and comparing it to a BBK or Steeda CAI. So please...people. STOP saying its more performance. Its not, and the dyno numbers are so negligable that you will see different numbers from both on different dynos...
They will both give you performance, they will both increase your power.... The only thing anyone needs to decide on between the two is how it will make their exhaust sound. H pipes tend to compliment most AB mufflers while the X pipe is tricky and what sounds good stock might sound like crap when you install an X pipe.

People...PLEASE READ!! A beginner's guide to modifying your V6

(Again, im sorry for going off, but Im tired of seeing this kind of posting over and over again)
Amen
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
The X vs. H argument is far from dead.

My personal opinion is that H sounds better than X below 3000rpm, and switches up top. You don't hear many great sounding H pipes at WOT. The above video sounds amazing, but again we're only hearing it below 3000rpm.

The tinny sound is what comes from changing out the cats or resonators. You'll get it with both the X and the H.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post

My personal opinion is that H sounds better than X below 3000rpm, and switches up top. You don't hear many great sounding H pipes at WOT. The above video sounds amazing, but again we're only hearing it below 3000rpm.

The tinny sound is what comes from changing out the cats or resonators. You'll get it with both the X and the H.
I have both stock cats and resonators, no tinny from mine.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:39 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Still say this is the best it will get for a V6. But just my ears and .02

http://youtu.be/tJ6fFtggiWg
Those really do sound good. I am calling it a tie between you and Shunc. Now I have pipe envy.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
Those really do sound good. I am calling it a tie between you and Shunc. Now I have pipe envy.
I kinda like mine too
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:36 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
That does sound nice. I need to look into those Borlas. Are those axle back or cat backs?
Old 12-24-2014, 03:23 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Thanks guys it took some time and more $$ than I would have liked to get it to sound that way. I have a full intake (CAI, TB & Ported Manifolds) too so that plays into the sound you hear but like Siber Express I still have my stock cats and resonators. As far as the mid pipe goes I just cut out the stock hybrid x/h portion and made it a true H.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1419412979330.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	172417  
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:12 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
That does sound nice. I need to look into those Borlas. Are those axle back or cat backs?
Those are Axle backs, but the Short Tubes did more for the sound than the A/B's did, those are also Touring not the S-Type that AJcruz has, but he has got 1 of the best sounding 3.7's IMO.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I really need to post a good sounding video. All my vids suck right now
Old 12-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

See, and right back to what i was referring to. Personal opinion and thats 100% ok. You are going to like what you like and i will disagreed and say the X makes the car sound a little more "high end" from 2500 rpm to redline and the H give it a much more "muscular tone" throughout. Also headers play a BIG roll in all that. Mine sounded iffy with an H on stock manifolds, since installing the shorties the sound has smoothed out and has such a roar now. Shunc01 has a great sounding exhaust. Similar to my uncle DB9...at least that was the first thing that came to my mind when i heard it. For me its not what I want MY Mustang to sound like...maybe if i had a Genesis or something, but then again i wouldnt have such a great engine lol
Old 12-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Don't forget that any changes to the intake system and tunes to a certain degree can change the sound of an exhaust.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Here's mine with a little bit of everything. Low note being a nature of FM Force II and some rasp and mettalic noise from BBK X. Set-up is K&N CAI (bought this as I wanted a closed look. I wish they have bigger tubing), BBK shorties, BBK Hi-flow Cat and X, Dynomax over axle (2.5" pipe), FM Force II and Steeda tune.

http://youtu.be/BQAefh0lPXU
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Heres a crappy video of the Mac shorties stock midpipe with magnaflow muffler deletes. I erased the good one I guess cant find it.lol

http://youtu.be/AAa446g5IKA
Old 12-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Heres a crappy video of the Mac shorties stock midpipe with magnaflow muffler deletes. I erased the good one I guess cant find it.lol

http://youtu.be/AAa446g5IKA

Says video is private
Old 12-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

How do I unlock it can't find an option to remove the private viewing mode

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 12-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
Here's mine with a little bit of everything. Low note being a nature of FM Force II and some rasp and mettalic noise from BBK X. Set-up is K&N CAI (bought this as I wanted a closed look. I wish they have bigger tubing), BBK shorties, BBK Hi-flow Cat and X, Dynomax over axle (2.5" pipe), FM Force II and Steeda tune.

http://youtu.be/BQAefh0lPXU
Where did you find the Dynomax over axels?

Quote:
How do I unlock it can't find an option to remove the private viewing mode

Its only available on your comp but it's under your settinga.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
2012 Deep Sounding V6

Quote:
Where did you find the Dynomax over axels?

Its only available on your comp but it's under your settinga.

I bought it at ebay. Look for part no. 55567 & 55568 for left and right. It's also available at jegs.
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
They do from 3.5K till 7K. The after market mufflers make the engine sound different from idle till 3.5k. You get different start up and cruising exhaust notes from the different style mufflers. I would put my faux Gt-500 mufflers up against most aftermarket mufflers as far as loudness and tone.

Borlas and pypes or roush are a very big difference. I personally can't stand the rasp from roush

Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

A couple people have asked me on here and through other site so i made a video.It's a little late, but this was the best video I could come up with. It gives you an idea of what it sounds like. The video makes it sound a little higher pitched. My mods are listed in the description : http://youtu.be/t6RR0Otnrbg
Old 12-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
A couple people have asked me on here and through other site so i made a video.It's a little late, but this was the best video I could come up with. It gives you an idea of what it sounds like. The video makes it sound a little higher pitched. My mods are listed in the description : http://youtu.be/t6RR0Otnrbg
Sounds really good! Man that's a deep sounding set up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Sounds really good! Man that's a deep sounding set up.

Thanks
Old 12-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Thanks
I'm glad you posted a video of your set up, it really is something different than the usual shorties with x/h and such and such abs. GT h........hmmm.

FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Good videos! I'm sold on the H with stock cats/resonators.

I'm gonna try to score a GT exhaust from the H back to go with the shorties. Then have interchangeable (stock catted/resonator vs. straight pipe) for the track and/or N2O.

p.s. Never liked Maggie streets, you changed my view on them sir.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:37 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good Fintile!

Quote:
Good videos! I'm sold on the H with stock cats/resonators.

I'm gonna try to score a GT exhaust from the H back to go with the shorties. Then have interchangeable (stock catted/resonator vs. straight pipe) for the track and/or N2O.

p.s. Never liked Maggie streets, you changed my view on them sir.

Yea the Mag streets are good mufflers or catback in my case. When I had them I loved the way they looked and shined but it wasn't loud enough for me which is why I made the switch. Anyone who wants a setup that growls when you get on it but is tame (just a tad bit louder than stock) during idle and cruise should get the streets. I would recommend them to anyone. Next up as far as that sound but louder would be the S-types imo.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Sounds good Fintile!

Yea the Mag streets are good mufflers or catback in my case. When I had them I loved the way they looked and shined but it wasn't loud enough for me which is why I made the switch. Anyone who wants a setup that growls when you get on it but is tame (just a tad bit louder than stock) during idle and cruise should get the streets. I would recommend them to anyone. Next up as far as that sound but louder would be the S-types imo.
Thanks. ya the streets are hard to hear when your in the car...Im considering switching to Mag Comps...not a fan of any of the Borlas except the touring, but I really want to hear what they sound like on my car before i pull the trigger on those...or Pypes.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That is freaking NICE!
Old 12-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #64

I'm gonna buy header back exhaust next week and I'm leaning towards Mac longtube headers with a Mac h pipe and MPRP cat back exhaust I hope it sounds good
Old 12-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I like my 18" glasspacks and muffler delete. deep sounding and very nice at WoT
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Just wait and try to pick up the resignator from a 2015 v6
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014stang3.7 View Post
I'm gonna buy header back exhaust next week and I'm leaning towards Mac longtube headers with a Mac h pipe and MPRP cat back exhaust I hope it sounds good
Have you tried looking up videos on Youtube to see if anyone else has that setup or something close? You should never have to go in blind when spending over 1k in exhaust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboarder View Post
I like my 18" glasspacks and muffler delete. deep sounding and very nice at WoT
Got a video? Id like to hear that. Looking to go muffler delete (sort of) in spring. Looking at Mag Comps and Pypes. Mag Comp Cat back first cause i want the over axel pipes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
Just wait and try to pick up the resignator from a 2015 v6
Are they drastically different resonators in the 2015s?
Old 12-29-2014, 09:27 AM   #68

Yes fintile I have searched long and hard looking on YouTube the mac combo and can't find any clips but the BBK with x pipe combo is just so raspy and nasty sounding
Old 12-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Ya, the removal of the Cats makes the LTs very, VERY raspy and more so when paired with an X pipe. I dont want to say the MACs will be but its a good chance they will be raspy as well. If you dont end up liking it i dont see any hassle in selling them. A lot of guys get the LTs over the Shorties anyway.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:34 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Have you tried looking up videos on Youtube to see if anyone else has that setup or something close? You should never have to go in blind when spending over 1k in exhaust.

Got a video? Id like to hear that. Looking to go muffler delete (sort of) in spring. Looking at Mag Comps and Pypes. Mag Comp Cat back first cause i want the over axel pipes.

Are they drastically different resonators in the 2015s?

Yeah go listen to a exhaust clip on youtube and they are deeper than the 2011-2014
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang