Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2012 Deep Sounding V6

9K views 101 replies 31 participants last post by  cwwjr1681 
#1 · (Edited)
So after weeks of research I finally reached my goal..... A deep sounding v6.

This is probably the best it will get. Its loud too :p
http://youtu.be/2reWaeIDweA

#2 ·
Not deep enough....but we can fix that! What are your mods? Performance mods only, lol too many people post bs like "tint" and "Pony delete"...lol

#4 ·
But if you can't see me through my tint it means I'm faster....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
All 3.7s pretty much sound the same to me right now..

#13 ·
They do from 3.5K till 7K. The after market mufflers make the engine sound different from idle till 3.5k. You get different start up and cruising exhaust notes from the different style mufflers. I would put my faux Gt-500 mufflers up against most aftermarket mufflers as far as loudness and tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#18 ·
I just got a 2nd job. Now which mufflers? I can't decide either, I may do Cherry Bombs!

#22 ·
Hi Fintile

The problem with streets is they don't drone and rasp and sound loud and crappy when your sitting inside of your car and doing the driving.

Do yourself a favor and get a trusted friend to drive your car while you stand outside to really hear what it sounds like when going down the road or on the throttle. I think you will be surprised how good a V6 can sound.

Ronnie

#28 ·
Shorties Fintile, Got a lot more low end Burble but the higher RPM's the smoothness of the V6 comes out. I wondered what it would sound like with the H-Pipe over the true FRPP X but I like the way it sounds and it does real good going through the RPM's in the mountains.

#31 ·
I know but you got the idea.. ****ty phones...

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.

#33 · (Edited)
Holy hell, doesnt anyone ever pay attention?! LOL....ANYWAY...

Dude, Aj...that sound almost EXACTLY like mine....very nice. Id have to hear it in person to really tell. How big is your custom H ? Mines the stock GT (5.0) H wich im told is 2.75 and necks to 2.5 then back to 2.75" but who really knows. good stuff

#35 ·
Not 100% but i know H pipes will add just a tad deeper note over stock as well as "burble" to the note. X will make it more uniform and can most often give it a "tinny", "metalic" sound. Also if you have stock exhaust manifolds or you have long tubes or shorties will also factor in.

#37 ·
Sorry man, i have to blast you for this.

Xpipe VS H pipe = a very small HP difference.
You WILL NOT feel it or notice it.
You are more likely to feel the HP difference buying an Airriad CAI and comparing it to a BBK or Steeda CAI. So please...people. STOP saying its more performance. Its not, and the dyno numbers are so negligable that you will see different numbers from both on different dynos...
They will both give you performance, they will both increase your power.... The only thing anyone needs to decide on between the two is how it will make their exhaust sound. H pipes tend to compliment most AB mufflers while the X pipe is tricky and what sounds good stock might sound like crap when you install an X pipe.

People...PLEASE READ!! http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f356/t359204/

(Again, im sorry for going off, but Im tired of seeing this kind of posting over and over again)

#39 ·
The X vs. H argument is far from dead.

My personal opinion is that H sounds better than X below 3000rpm, and switches up top. You don't hear many great sounding H pipes at WOT. The above video sounds amazing, but again we're only hearing it below 3000rpm.

The tinny sound is what comes from changing out the cats or resonators. You'll get it with both the X and the H.

#44 ·
Thanks guys it took some time and more $$ than I would have liked to get it to sound that way. I have a full intake (CAI, TB & Ported Manifolds) too so that plays into the sound you hear but like Siber Express I still have my stock cats and resonators. As far as the mid pipe goes I just cut out the stock hybrid x/h portion and made it a true H.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.