Wheel came messed up :( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Wheel came messed up :(

So I just got my wheel with tire mounted from AM in the mail. I was super happy it came so fast in time for Christmas..... But upon looking at it it has numerous scratches, pits, divots etc.
Has any one had any experience with American Muscle and their wheels and tires? I had heard bad reviews but decided to do it since all my transactions had been top notch with them before.
Now I'm going to have to go through the ordeal of shipping back and it won't be here for Christmas :/ major bummer.
Has anyone had this happen to them or have some advice? Maybe I'm just a perfectionist but when you spend $520 on a wheel you expect it perfect :/

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
No new is what you paid for so your gripe is legit. I think scottydoesntknow had a similar issue a few months back and they resolved it pretty fast. Call them today and they may overnight you a replacement wheel then ship the damage one back to them

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

These are some of the marks. They include what looks like curb rash on the lip in one place, and the rest are pock marks, divots, bends, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	niche wheel 1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	172249   Click image for larger version

Name:	niche wheel 2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	655.8 KB
ID:	172250  

Name:	niche wheel 3.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	172251   Click image for larger version

Name:	niche wheel 4.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	172252  

Name:	niche wheel 5.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	172253  
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
No new is what you paid for so your gripe is legit. I think scottydoesntknow had a similar issue a few months back and they resolved it pretty fast. Call them today and they may overnight you a replacement wheel then ship the damage one back to them

Yeah I'm gonna call them once I get home in a few minutes. Just wanted to make sure I'm not over-reacting or if all wheels come with some stuff like that. First time ordering aftermarket wheels
Old 12-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I'm assuming they came individually packaged? I'd bet more money on the carrier rather than AM being responsible for that. One thing I have learned is to never order expensive or large items during the busy seasons. More often than not, they will be damaged in some way because of the increased volume UPS etc have to deal with. They rush to meet deadlines therefore shipments won't be treated as carefully.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I'm assuming they came individually packaged? I'd bet more money on the carrier rather than AM being responsible for that. One thing I have learned is to never order expensive or large items during the busy seasons. More often than not, they will be damaged in some way because of the increased volume UPS etc have to deal with. They rush to meet deadlines therefore shipments won't be treated as carefully.
I mean there was no protective packaging in the package at all. Literally just a cardboard box with a thin sheet of cardboard between the face of the wheel and the cardboard box. No bubble wrap, foam, nothing, so that's very possible.
I only ordered one single wheel/tire, I already had the 3 from a previous purchase.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
+1. The box my lowering springs came in looked like the delivery guy threw them from the truck while driving by without stopping. The springs were ok just the box and it wasn't even rush time yet

Old 12-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

The box seemed to be in perfect condition. It seems more like they were imperfections in the wheel or something, except for the few scratches/curb rash looking thing.
Well, I'm gonna call AM. Hopefully it is resolved quickly. You guys think the discrepancies on them warrants a return? I circled them in red in the pictures. Wish me luck
Old 12-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

So what they could do was send out a new rim, then I would bring the wheel and rim to a tire shop, they would break it down, re-mount and balance the tire on the new wheel with the TPMS, send the bill to AM, then ship back the old wheel.
The problem is it's a Christmas present and there is no way that is getting done before Christmas.
Looks like I will just live with imperfections.
They said I can decide after Christmas what to do with it since it's a gift so I may do that. It really is a lot of hassle just to fix a few scratches. I will probably just deal with it and pretend it's not there
Old 12-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Wheel came messed up :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
So what they could do was send out a new rim, then I would bring the wheel and rim to a tire shop, they would break it down, re-mount and balance the tire on the new wheel with the TPMS, send the bill to AM, then ship back the old wheel.
The problem is it's a Christmas present and there is no way that is getting done before Christmas.
Looks like I will just live with imperfections.
They said I can decide after Christmas what to do with it since it's a gift so I may do that. It really is a lot of hassle just to fix a few scratches. I will probably just deal with it and pretend it's not there
Well it's up to you but if you are anything like me it will bother you daily. When I bought my car it had a swirl mark the size of a coke can perfect circle. I said I will just live with it. I look at it every time I wash my car and aggregates me. I was impatient and wanted to close the deal and leave with it that day. Remember you will look at the imperfections every time you clean your wheels.

Old 12-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Well, at least AM is taking care of you should you wish to fix it.

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yes good on them. I was pretty surprised they would be willing to do all that that's a lot of $$.
My father doesn't wanna send it back and go through the hassle and we will save AM a good amount of $ too

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 12-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #13
Registered Member

Region: New Jersey
The scratches look like they came from the tire installer at AM, everything else you pictured looks like manufacturer defects, and Im sure AM doesnt make wheels.
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang