Cdc performance grille - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2015, 12:44 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2329 View Post
Is there not a proper way of removing the grille? Or do you pull the crap out of it until it comes out?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I suppose you could remove the bumper and undo the tabs from the back, but I'm not sure. The installation videos I watched just said to pull it out. Of course in the video it looked way easier than when I did it.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:47 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
On the GT model you can simply pull the grille out, i did on mine. On the V6 however, the ones with the chrome around the grille at least, you do have to remove the bumper. There is no way in hell you would get those clips off with the bumper on the car, unless you did just pull the mess out of it, and at that point you would risk damaging the bumper and/or seriously scratching the paint around the grille.

As far as the cutting; if your V6 does not have fog lights there are simply 3 support ummm "pillars" i guess we'll call them. Just cut at the top and bottom, flush, and you're good to go; the stock grille could be reinstalled after this.

On my 5.0 however, i did have fog lights, and you do have to do a bit more cutting, i tried my best to leave what i could of the mounting points, but i doubt they would ever go back on.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
On the GT model you can simply pull the grille out, i did on mine. On the V6 however, the ones with the chrome around the grille at least, you do have to remove the bumper. There is no way in hell you would get those clips off with the bumper on the car, unless you did just pull the mess out of it, and at that point you would risk damaging the bumper and/or seriously scratching the paint around the grille.
Maybe that's why the videos I watched made it seem so easy, as they were installing the grille on a GT. I put a couple layers of tape around the entire grille to prevent scratching the paint. I got one part of it out pretty easily(can't remember if it was top or bottom), it was only one half that gave me trouble.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #39

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2329 View Post
Love the look and am considering buying that grille, 2 concerns though. First can you explain the installation process especially the part about cutting. Second do you think that I will be able to revert back to the stock grille, or is the a permanent mod?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Hey there! Yes, it is a permanent mod as far as the gt housing being deleted. If you have the v6 and are planning to install the gt fog lights I would pass on the grille. However, if you're just talking about the stock honeycomb grille, you can absolutely use it again.

2013 v6 race red
Pype bombs
Cdc performance grille
MMD quarter window louvers
15% tint, blacked out back side markers.
Rlouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #40

Region: Georgia
One thing I would suggest. If you are installing the grille with pulling out the oem grille (which I did) I would highly recommend you do it in warmer weather (possibly 50 degrees or warmer or in a temp controlled garage). Due to it being plastic clips, my buddy pulled out his grille for install in about 30 degree weather outside (he parks on the street) and broke a few clips. I'm assuming because it was cold it snapped easier. Just food for thought.

2013 v6 race red
Pype bombs
Cdc performance grille
MMD quarter window louvers
15% tint, blacked out back side markers.
Rlouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:32 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I had to remove my bumper to install. Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang