Question for 2012+ Fowmaster users/tinkerers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:38 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Exclamation Question for 2012+ Fowmaster users/tinkerers

So.... I am tinkering with my exhaust yet again!

Here is my new 2012 V6 setup.....
Airaid CAI
Stock X pipe removed and swapped for H pipe
Resonators REMOVED
Cats LEFT ON (have to leave on due to my Ford ESP)

Has anyone used the above setup with the Flowmaster Force II (aka Flowmaster 60 series) axelbacks? I ask because I currently have Flowmaster Original 40 series on which now sounds MUCH louder and BETTER at idle but very raspy at high RPMs (which was not there before) with the resonators gone. Sadly over xmas weekend my resonators were tossed out by the shop so I can not have them put back on.

I called flowmaster and they claimed the Flowmaster 60 series (aka the Force II axelbacks) would take care of that high rpm rasp. I just never tak the salesmans word for it. So I ask again has anyone used my above setup with the Flowmaster Force II (aka Flowmaster 60 series) axelbacks?

PS> On a side note if you have my same setup and use Flowmaster Super 44s (I head they sound better) and don't have that nasty rasp at high rpms PLZ reply also!

Just want to make sur I am doing the right thing before I pull the trigger on the 60 series mufflers. I can not simply look up clips on youtube because the resonator delete, H pipe and Airiad CAI drastically change the sound. Im sure a few people on here have my set up and have used the mufflers in question. Its a common setup and common mufflers.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2014, 11:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
This has been solved.
Flowmaster Super 44 and Original 40 2014 Mustang V6!

My New Setup
-Airaid CAI
-Resonators Removed (Warning this will make the car LOUD! They Located right behind cats inbetween stock X pipe and cats.)
-Stock X pipe replaced with Custom H pipe (Sounds much louder deeper and meaner now. V8 like below 4k rpms. Above 4k rpms and at WOT it sounds more nascarish. Like a an old school v8)
-Flowmaster super 44
-10" long by 4" wide single wall chrome Tips (This is a MUST! it makes the sound echo within the pipe and sound meaner more V8ish)

I have spent a lot (dont ask how much) trying every muffler you can think of. (Buddy owns and exhaust shop) I can say this the Supper 44s are by FAR the best out of the lot. Even tops Borla. Every other muffler other than flowmaster come out sounding very euro. The Original 40s sounded good with this setup;however they had a tingy tin can sound mixed in with a very good muscle car sound. The Super 40s sounded great except at WOT that tingy tin can sound mildly returned. The Super 44s deepen the tone more than the Super 40s and are a tad more quiet. Why are they better? That tingy tin can sound is GONE! =D

So bottom line with the setup I have and the Super 44s just cursing around town you will come out sounding like a stock 1995 Mustang GT 5.0
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang