Haze in 3rd brake light after washing? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Haze in 3rd brake light after washing?

anyone else ever notice this? I washed my car yesterday, and today I noticed a hazing in the 3rd brake light as if moisture got inside. I've never noticed it before. anyone else ever see this? I'm adding a tint vinyl from American muscle to the 3rd brake light so I doubt I'll notice it again, but i just want to make sure this isn't a problem that could cause to water damaging the lighting inside.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Yahoo to roushMarlon831
I've seen it before as well. it's just condensation, nothing bad I don't think. Still lights up so that's good lol
roushMarlon831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
If you haven't already bought the tint may I offer a suggestion?

Get a painter to mix clear with a little black and have your markers and 3rd brake light painted, it looks so much better

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Matts14fp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2014, 05:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts14fp6 View Post

Get a painter to mix clear with a little black and have your markers and 3rd brake light painted, it looks so much better

ahh thanks, but I've already got it for my rears and i'm probably just gonna keep the side markers stock ya know?

MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 12-29-2014, 06:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts14fp6 View Post

I bet this would hold up much better than tint. Unfortunately this would make going back to stock very difficult.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #6
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
anyone else ever notice this? I washed my car yesterday, and today I noticed a hazing in the 3rd brake light as if moisture got inside. I've never noticed it before. anyone else ever see this? I'm adding a tint vinyl from American muscle to the 3rd brake light so I doubt I'll notice it again, but i just want to make sure this isn't a problem that could cause to water damaging the lighting inside.
Hey Jay-Can you post up a picture so we can get a better idea of what you're looking at? Just so we can see to be on the safe side! There's no reason throwing a decal on just to have it covered up if something's going on underneath! In the event that it's just a little condensation it's not the end of the world though!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Jay-Can you post up a picture so we can get a better idea of what you're looking at? Just so we can see to be on the safe side! There's no reason throwing a decal on just to have it covered up if something's going on underneath! In the event that it's just a little condensation it's not the end of the world though!

Alex
hey Alex, i actually went to take a pic this morning and of course it's gone haha. it must have been condensation, but i was only worried because the day before I washed it with my new foam gun, so i was wondering if it maybe got inside. but, it's gone today, so that's good. probably just some condensation, and my new 3rd brake light tint comes today so I'm excited for that!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang