Premium door panels - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
Kevin.Cook

Premium door panels

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1420228421.805200.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	286.5 KB
ID:	172758

Just got these in. Will be installing them in a few hours. These are replacing those god awful Base door panels with the ugly black door handle and nasty looking vinyl insert.

I will be splicing in the MyColor light in the door handle area. I cannot wire the subs in them yet because I need a better Amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #2
Kevin.Cook

Just finished installing the door panels. Was able to splice the MyColor LED into the light for the lock/unlock door switches. For the 2014, you gotta tap into the black/yellow negative cable and the solid blue positive.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1420248633.403502.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	172767
Old 01-02-2015, 07:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Very nice, how much did you pick these panel up for if you don't mind me asking
RomanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #4
Kevin.Cook

300 for each side on ebay. The seller originally wanted 375 each but I talked him down. And they were generous enough to leave the Shaker subs in. Once I get an Amp i will wire them in. I already got the Shaker radio bezel.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:47 PM   #5
Kevin.Cook

I browsed ebay everyday for a month before I found these. The premium door panels don't go for sale often. The only other ones up right now are red/black ones but they are selling them with the leather seats for almost $1,100.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Good find, nice way to spruce up the interior a bit, I've been looking for anything to do the same. Base V6 here and I gotta say, its lacking quite a bit. lol
Old 01-02-2015, 08:14 PM   #7
Kevin.Cook

Oh yea. Mine was a base also. But besides the MyColor cluster, i am doing a complete Premium interior swap.

The seats were $1,000. The door panels $600. The Door Sills $100. The leather e-brake $100. The MyColor cupholder $80. The brushed aluminum dash trim $400. The rubber Mustang floormats $80. GT500 pedals $50. Shaker radio bezel $80. Blue footwell LEDs $10.

All of the splicing and reupholstering I did myself.

I am also going to replace the Light Blue LEDs in the speedometer cluster with normal Blue ones.

It won't be a true Premium but it will be the next best thing.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:17 PM   #8
Kevin.Cook

If it wasnt for the PATs relearn, I would do the cluster myself. Also, it almost never goes up for sale on eBay.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

So everything, (door sills, cupholder, door panels) were installed without the actual my color gauge? How did you splice the cup holder? And im assuming you cant scroll through colors
Old 01-02-2015, 09:34 PM   #10
Kevin.Cook

Cannot scroll through the colors, but the only color I would set is blue anyways.

So the MyColor components (sills, cupholder, etc) have 4 wires going into the connector. These are Orange, Blue, Green, and Brown. The Brown is the Negative. You can mix the other colors to get stuff like Ice Blue and Purple. I just used the Blue wire to get my LEDs to turn Blue. All you need to wire the MyColor components is a Positive and a Negative if you dont want the MyColor cluster.

For the Cupholder, I was able to piggyback on my Automatics Shift Gear lights. Which are red (positive) and black (negative). For the Doors, i piggybacked off the lights on the lock/unlock switches. The footwells will be wired to the Fuse box (headlight fuse). The Sills are wired to the map lights (dome lights).
Old 01-02-2015, 09:38 PM   #11
Kevin.Cook

I could've went the cheap and easy way and got the Ford Ambient light kit, but then I wouldn't have the cool LED ring for the OEM look ^__^
Old 01-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #12
Kevin.Cook

I just used regular speaker wire to have the Mycolor wires reach whatever wire I was tapping into. I am happy I am doing this. Saving myself 100s in labor by doing it myself.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:45 PM   #13
Kevin.Cook

If you want some cheap ways to liven up your interior and not break the bank, you could do the GT500 pedals $50, chrome interior door handles $50 (like the ones on the Premium), Lighted LED footwells $10-$20.

Problem with doing this is, the more you change stuff, the more you want to keep changing it. At first I was just gonna do those things I listed above, and now I have almost a Premium trim. Lol
Old 01-02-2015, 10:31 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah Ive always been interested in the lit cupholders. but that electrical work is something that just always turns me away!
Old 01-02-2015, 10:39 PM   #15
Kevin.Cook

If you keep thinking about it, you will hesitate more. There is nothing to it for the cup holders, unless your Mustang is Standard. Then idk what wires you would piggyback from as there are no Shift Lights in the center console. Maybe the traction, hazard, trunk switches as they are lit up, but i didn't mess with those.

On an Auto, lift the cup holder bezel up (pops right off). It may take a little force. Then you will noticed a plug under the left of the Auto shifter. It has a red and black wire. These will be what you tap into for the LED cup holder. Now you will have to tap both sides of the cup holder into the red and black wires. As both sides have their own LED.

This is by far the quickest wiring job I have ever done.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Where did you purchase the cup holder from? is it oem?
Old 01-02-2015, 10:49 PM   #17
Kevin.Cook

It is OEM. I got it off eBay. Just about everything I get is from there. It was $80. The cup holder bezels for Standard/Manual transmission Mustangs do not fit Autos and vice versa. You can eyeball the bezel and tell if its for Auto or Manual. For the Manual ones, the chrome ring around the shifter sits flush inside the bezel. On the Autos, it sits on-top of the bezel and is its own part.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang