BBK Shorty Headers and Hi Flow cats Question - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwwjr1681 View Post
I'll put one up after I get my headers installed tomorrow or the next day.
Thumbs, looking forward to it. I personally love the sound of flows on our 3.7s!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
Actually after you put the headers on you lose the euro sound with the Borlas
Shunc01....his sounds VERY Euro (not in a bad way) he still has headers and X pipe with S Types.
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:37 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular
 
Socal Stangman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Temecula Ca.
Region: California
Posts: 1,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Shunc01....his sounds VERY Euro (not in a bad way) he still has headers and X pipe with S Types.

I would agree. Mine still has the "Euro" sound too, but I like that. To me it sounds exotic and it gets peoples attention.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
cwwjr1681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: LA
Region: California
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Do you have a video where you surpass 2k rpm Lol. Give us a wot or full pull.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Here is one! As Promised. I did NOT wind up using the headers. Made the car sound too raspy at high RPMs. So I am gonna resell my Ceramic Mac Headers. If you want em private message me. They were on my car for 30min. I went back to stock headers.

cwwjr1681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:51 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwwjr1681 View Post
Here is one! As Promised. I did NOT wind up using the headers. Made the car sound too raspy at high RPMs. So I am gonna resell my Ceramic Mac Headers. If you want em private message me. They were on my car for 30min. I went back to stock headers.

Oh god, dude no...the headers are the best thing you could have done. Should have ditched the flowmasters. Im telling you it is a much easier and cheaper way to go. No idea you even installed the headers.
Fintile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:33 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
cwwjr1681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: LA
Region: California
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Oh god, dude no...the headers are the best thing you could have done. Should have ditched the flowmasters. Im telling you it is a much easier and cheaper way to go. No idea you even installed the headers.
Look I have tried every muffler I can. The flowmaster 44s were the only ones that gave that v8 like rumble which I want. They were shorties not long tubes. I hated the sound they produced. Made the car sound eruo. That sound is good for some people not me. Im much happier with the car without em. You want em? put them on your car. I do not want them.

To use those headers and get my rumble sound back that I like so much I would have had to replace my cats with high flow cats or an O/R pipe. I CAN NOT do that. I have a 125,000 mile Ford ESP (almost bumper to bumper) warranty on my car. It has paid for it self 3x now. I am not voiding that over a sound. Sorry. Ford flat out said headers would not void anything but touching the cats would void my ECU warranty. Not doing it.

A MAC tech told me that headers alone would remove that rumble "which they did" I would have to replace the cats also to get it back. So stock manifolds were my only option. As I said if anyone wants some slightly used shorty mac headers PM me on here.

PS the headers were NOT installed in that video.
cwwjr1681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,259
Sound is all personal preference, what some like, others may not. I personally like flows and like how they sound on our 3.7s. Shorties usually make most exhaust notes sound "cleaner" but again its all personal preference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:51 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
cwwjr1681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: LA
Region: California
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Sound is all personal preference, what some like, others may not. I personally like flows and like how they sound on our 3.7s.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
He knows whats up.

Here is the auction BTW if anyone wants em.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-14-V6-Mus.../261728325064?
cwwjr1681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:09 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: STL
Region: Missouri
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Sound is all personal preference, what some like, others may not. I personally like flows and like how they sound on our 3.7s. Shorties usually make most exhaust notes sound "cleaner" but again its all personal preference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
+1. Making the flows cleaner is the worse thing you can do.
__________________
2011 Mustang 3.7: 13.2 @ 105
BBK Shorty, MRT H, Borla S, 3.55 Gear, MPT Tuned.
LiveWire003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:51 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fintile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boston
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwwjr1681 View Post
Look I have tried every muffler I can. The flowmaster 44s were the only ones that gave that v8 like rumble which I want. They were shorties not long tubes. I hated the sound they produced. Made the car sound eruo. That sound is good for some people not me. Im much happier with the car without em. You want em? put them on your car. I do not want them.

To use those headers and get my rumble sound back that I like so much I would have had to replace my cats with high flow cats or an O/R pipe. I CAN NOT do that. I have a 125,000 mile Ford ESP (almost bumper to bumper) warranty on my car. It has paid for it self 3x now. I am not voiding that over a sound. Sorry. Ford flat out said headers would not void anything but touching the cats would void my ECU warranty. Not doing it.

A MAC tech told me that headers alone would remove that rumble "which they did" I would have to replace the cats also to get it back. So stock manifolds were my only option. As I said if anyone wants some slightly used shorty mac headers PM me on here.

PS the headers were NOT installed in that video.
Look, sorry. I can tell I hit a soft spot but I know from personal experience with my own set up it can be done. I havnt removed my cats or done any o/r setup. Not sure why the guy told you you would need to fo that. That would destroy the sound you have for sure.

I did this video a couple months back to show a friend. Mine has no rasp wha th so ever with the shorties.
2012 Mustang V6: http://youtu.be/vb3pNKORIMU
__________________
“anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”
-George Carlin
Fintile is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
06 gt catted shorty bbk x pipe on a 2012 gt with bbk longtube headers hdez41 2011-2014 Mustang GT 0 10-09-2014 12:47 AM
BBK Long Tubes w/ high flow cats + lowering? rebelyelltex 2005-2010 Mustang GT 5 05-18-2014 08:16 AM
What high flow cats with x pipe will replace my stock cats without having to ... krazykraz 1996-2004 Mustang GT 5 12-15-2013 02:09 PM
No Cats vs High Flow Cats dPayne003 2005-2010 Mustang GT 33 08-30-2012 08:56 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:36 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.