Mustang Evolution Forum banner

RTR STRIPES

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  shunc01 
#1 ·
I'll be installing this stripes pretty soon.. Just wondering if I should wait till summer to install them since it's been freezing right now. I don't know if the vynil sticks when it's cold. Here's the pic. I ordered matte black..

And here's my car.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
looks good. are these vinyls similar to the ones say, for light tinting? or the 3rr quarter window matte blackout? if so, I did all mine in like, 40 degree weather and it stuck just fine. the only one that was a small issue was the 3rd brake light tint. was so cold out (below freezing) that I warmed the area up with a blow dryer first for a bit.. but it stuck, and overnight it stuck to it in below freezing temp. but I'm no expert at all, these were my first vinyls.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

#5 ·
Nice thanks for the input I'll be installing mine then when they arrived and maybe I'll use some blow dryer in the process.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.

#4 ·
Welcome to the club. I bought mine from the same person on ebay. I installed mine inside my friends garage. It was prob around 45-50 degrees.
View attachment 172856

View attachment 172857

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Oh nice.. Nice to see the same product were I got mine.. Thanks, did you have any problem installing them? I'm more concerned about the side stripes than the hood.

I was gonna get the same color as yours but my wheels are black and my interior so i think it's best to stick with it but lime green looks nice.

#10 ·
Ok cool thanks I didn't know that, big help.

#11 ·
I found this pic online same color as my car...

Now I'm really excited..

Attachments

#13 ·
Yeah its the MCA grille, good observation.. I plasti dipped it black since I'm going for grey and black stealthy look, I hate the chrome look of it.

#16 ·
Becuse I already have the rocker/side stripes. And honestly I dont like the rtr side stripes anyways

#19 ·
Yeah gloss black. Not a fan of anything matte black.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I would suggest installing stripes during warmer temperatures.

#20 ·
Installing my stripes is kicking my butt.. I'm in the other side now.

#22 ·
I'm going through it.. Sides is done now next is the hood... The antenna part is tricky..

#23 ·
Finally it's done..

Attachments

#25 ·
Lol I'm gonna build my own shop now, this is my second stripe install from my old 05 before so I had a little bit of an experience.. Thanks bud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.