what's your spoiler of choice? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-07-2015, 06:49 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
mmm dat ***

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Having to make a choice on new parts is pretty tough. I too am in the market for a new spoiler, I personally like the ducktail and the cs spoiler. On a black car I would maybe choose the cs because it's raised and has the ability to be a little more visible.
Sgonza33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:00 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I'm liking that Roush spoiler you have there. You have the same general theme as my car. I think for me it's between that one or the GT500 since the RTR one doesn't seem to exist anymore lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgonza33 View Post
Having to make a choice on new parts is pretty tough. I too am in the market for a new spoiler, I personally like the ducktail and the cs spoiler. On a black car I would maybe choose the cs because it's raised and has the ability to be a little more visible.
hmm good thinking... I'll have to check out some pics of a black Mustang with the gtcs spoiler...

MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
hmm good thinking... I'll have to check out some pics of a black Mustang with the gtcs spoiler...

It'd give it a nice contracting look so it wouldn't get lost with the black paint.
Sgonza33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:18 AM   #41
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgonza33 View Post
It'd give it a nice contracting look so it wouldn't get lost with the black paint.
^^This! I completely agree with you. We have a slew of customers that like to mix and match colors (White/Black) (Red/Black) It's not something that you typically see everything but it reminds me of the Boss Laguna and If it's done right it looks perfect!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:33 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I have been thinking about doing a black spoiler and black hood accent stripes on my white Mustang. I think those and tinted windows would give it a nice clean custom look.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
I have been thinking about doing a black spoiler and black hood accent stripes on my white Mustang. I think those and tinted windows would give it a nice clean custom look.
I already had black mirror caps with the performance package and was going to do the black spoiler but that was when the V6 and V8 appearance packages came out on the 14's with the Black wheels and the black Spoiler. I still went with the Black Louvers and with the black stripes and tint I think it sets it off.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:41 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Do it. I thought long and hard about getting my black GT500 wing from AM, or getting it color matched. Theres times i wish i had gotten the color match, but i'm so picky about accent mods, i feel they need to stretch the whole car. You need some accent in the front, middle and back ... just having it on the hood would have looked off, the black wing, and black roush lip spoiler kind of give the car closure on both ends i feel.

Edit: Realized its not in the pics i posted, but i plasti dipped the lower section between the mufflers black as well, really ties the back end together nicely with that wing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	173150   Click image for larger version

Name:	Car.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	173151  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustang-Ryan2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	173152  
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Car looks Sweet Volt
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Do it. I thought long and hard about getting my black GT500 wing from AM, or getting it color matched. Theres times i wish i had gotten the color match, but i'm so picky about accent mods, i feel they need to stretch the whole car. You need some accent in the front, middle and back ... just having it on the hood would have looked off, the black wing, and black roush lip spoiler kind of give the car closure on both ends i feel.

Edit: Realized its not in the pics i posted, but i plasti dipped the lower section between the mufflers black as well, really ties the back end together nicely with that wing.
OK I am sold!

This is what I have in mind for my hood. Your black hood vents look really good.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:29 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

what's your spoiler of choice?

Quote:

Black wheels and gloss black 5.0 emblems and I'll say nice. Looks bad *** though.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laquisha View Post
Black wheels and gloss black 5.0 emblems and I'll say nice. Looks bad *** though.

Black Mirror caps also
Old 01-09-2015, 05:15 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I like the black spoiler/white car look!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:45 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

This is how mine looks bone stock.

I think the black spoiler, black hood accents, and tinted windows are all it really needs. Then I will start looking at mechanical mods. I already replaced the speakers in the shaker system.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:53 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
Car looks Sweet Volt
Thank you sir

Quote:
OK I am sold!

Your black hood vents look really good.
Thanks man. I thought about that GT/Cs spoiler as well, but the GT500 just gives a much longer and meaner look to a lowered car. I think you'll be happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laquisha View Post

My race rims are 18 x 10 SVE drifts in a gloss black. It does look good! haha, but the 18s just leave a ton of wheel gap compared to the 19s.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #52
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Think about it looking like an incredibly angry StormTrooper!

Quote:
I already had black mirror caps with the performance package and was going to do the black spoiler but that was when the V6 and V8 appearance packages came out on the 14's with the Black wheels and the black Spoiler. I still went with the Black Louvers and with the black stripes and tint I think it sets it off.
This looks great! I love the contrast. It's so subtle but makes the car look that much more aggressive.

Quote:

Drool! This is how a Mustang should look!

Quote:
Car looks Sweet Volt
^This!

Quote:
OK I am sold!

This is what I have in mind for my hood. Your black hood vents look really good.
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang