Swapping Instrument Cluster - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2015, 03:18 PM   #1
Kevin.Cook

Swapping Instrument Cluster

So I have given up on a 2013/2014 instrument cluster going for sale on Ebay, local craigslist, etc. So the next best thing is swapping a 2012 Premium cluster into my 2014.

I cannot find any articles on this specifically. I am wondering if the 2012 Premium cluster would be compatible with my 2014.

My local dealer won't do a PATS relearn on my Mustang (they do not support these mods). So is there a tool that will do this and redo the mileage for me?

Also, any idea if the info button on my 2014 steering wheel will be enough to navigate the menu on a 2012 cluster?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2015, 11:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Took a long time but I finally found mine on eBay - a 13 premium. There was a buy it now price so I grabbed it - $375. Set a search notification 'Premium mustang cluster, 2013, 2014' so you will know when one pops up. Remember you'll have to send it off to reset the mileage - another $90

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-06-2015, 01:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezz View Post
Took a long time but I finally found mine on eBay - a 13 premium. There was a buy it now price so I grabbed it - $375. Set a search notification 'Premium mustang cluster, 2013, 2014' so you will know when one pops up. Remember you'll have to send it off to reset the mileage - another $90

So can you get your current miles put on to the new gauge cluster? Sorry don't really know much about this kind of stuff but been wanting to put the 13-14 premium gauge cluster in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Deadreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2015, 01:52 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yes if you look at that rather long thread about the cluster swap, there is a company that does it for you - http://odo-pro.com/
They charge $89 including shipping to get it back to you - you pay shipping to them. Turn around time was about a week.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:09 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Depending on which cluster type you install, it can be a pain to get all the features to work. Some 2011 to 2012 Mustang owners liked the 2013 and up clusters with the "information center" that provides the stop/start times, etc. Making that work in a pre-2013 Mustang can be a big challange. A nice write up by a member here and on another Mustang site helped out; I think that thread went to 20 plus pages of posts before they got all the bells and whistles to work. If you read through all the posts (recommended), you will see that several visits to a dealership for flashing was required (OP here already states that his dealership won't support the cluster swap).

Be prepared if you go this route.

About 8 years ago, I started a thread on swapping clusters in the 2004 to 2010 Ford F150's; many of the base models did not come with a tach (sacrilegious in a truck!), and wanted to swap out the cluster from a model that did have one. Depending on the model (STX, XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, etc), their "information Center" would provide things like outside temp, door ajar, miles to empty, and that list goes on. Getting all that to work on a truck that did not have thiose initial features was next to impossible. I ended up using a cluster out of an XLT manual transmission cluster (all manual transmissions came with a tach) in my STX model, as it was the closest model to my truck that would have a tach.

Lesson learned from all that: it was simply not worth the headache to make it all work!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Wow thanks for the info looks like this might be a pain lol but it's worth it to make my baby how I want it

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Deadreckoning is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang