Ford OEM header gaskets - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
RomanG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Whittier
Region: California
Posts: 163
Ford OEM header gaskets

Hello forums, I purchased BBK short tube headers not to long ago, they've been sitting in my closet for while, finally deciding to tackle the installation this week!

I purchased the Ford OEM header gaskets from my local ford dealership after hearing a bit of problems stemming from the bbl gaskets.

My question is, do the gaskets require any kind of lubrication? anything to get a good seal? or can i just slap them on right out of the box?
RomanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-04-2015, 08:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 00
Region: Other
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanG View Post
Hello forums, I purchased BBK short tube headers not to long ago, they've been sitting in my closet for while, finally deciding to tackle the installation this week!

I purchased the Ford OEM header gaskets from my local ford dealership after hearing a bit of problems stemming from the bbl gaskets.

My question is, do the gaskets require any kind of lubrication? anything to get a good seal? or can i just slap them on right out of the box?
You can use them right out of the box. I reused my stock gaskets when I installed my shorties no issues or leaks.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
RomanG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Whittier
Region: California
Posts: 163
Yeah I have 40k miles on my car, and i don't want to take the risk of leaks or anything, seems like a real pain to deal with. Thank you
RomanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-04-2015, 08:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
You can use them right out of the box. I reused my stock gaskets when I installed my shorties no issues or leaks.
Still has your shorties, and has no leaks or problem with them, and I used the oem gasket also.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 00
Region: Other
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Still has your shorties, and has no leaks or problem with them, and I used the oem gasket also.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
Glad they're working out for you. They have a thread right now on bbk headers that could use your feedback. Another mac purchase.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Glad they're working out for you. They have a thread right now on bbk headers that could use your feedback. Another mac purchase.
Yeah I tend too be quiet sometimes since my English is bad and don't want to put in wrong info. Cos I can't explained it sometimes like you guys do. Lol. As for the headers Mac all the way...

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 00
Region: Other
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Yeah I tend too be quiet sometimes since my English is bad and don't want to put in wrong info. Cos I can't explained it sometimes like you guys do. Lol. As for the headers Mac all the way...

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
Lol im from southeast Louisiana and my English isnt the best either. you do a good job
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Lol im from southeast Louisiana and my English isnt the best either. you do a good job
Hahaha thanks man, I'm learning... 😆


MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Header Gaskets / What causes blown gaskets Slow4V 1996-2004 Mustang GT 14 10-24-2014 12:52 PM
Copper header gaskets Meansaleen 1979-1995 Mustang GT 10 02-27-2012 07:41 PM
ANYONE know where to get Header gaskets Kiljosh The Bar 11 02-25-2005 10:36 PM
Header Gaskets? Kiljosh Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 0 02-23-2005 02:56 AM
looking for some header gaskets. Black00GT 1996-2004 Mustang GT 2 04-07-2004 01:43 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:25 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.