Ford OEM header gaskets - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2015, 07:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ford OEM header gaskets

Hello forums, I purchased BBK short tube headers not to long ago, they've been sitting in my closet for while, finally deciding to tackle the installation this week!

I purchased the Ford OEM header gaskets from my local ford dealership after hearing a bit of problems stemming from the bbl gaskets.

My question is, do the gaskets require any kind of lubrication? anything to get a good seal? or can i just slap them on right out of the box?
RomanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2015, 08:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanG View Post
Hello forums, I purchased BBK short tube headers not to long ago, they've been sitting in my closet for while, finally deciding to tackle the installation this week!

I purchased the Ford OEM header gaskets from my local ford dealership after hearing a bit of problems stemming from the bbl gaskets.

My question is, do the gaskets require any kind of lubrication? anything to get a good seal? or can i just slap them on right out of the box?
You can use them right out of the box. I reused my stock gaskets when I installed my shorties no issues or leaks.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yeah I have 40k miles on my car, and i don't want to take the risk of leaks or anything, seems like a real pain to deal with. Thank you
RomanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2015, 08:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
You can use them right out of the box. I reused my stock gaskets when I installed my shorties no issues or leaks.
Still has your shorties, and has no leaks or problem with them, and I used the oem gasket also.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Still has your shorties, and has no leaks or problem with them, and I used the oem gasket also.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
Glad they're working out for you. They have a thread right now on bbk headers that could use your feedback. Another mac purchase.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Glad they're working out for you. They have a thread right now on bbk headers that could use your feedback. Another mac purchase.
Yeah I tend too be quiet sometimes since my English is bad and don't want to put in wrong info. Cos I can't explained it sometimes like you guys do. Lol. As for the headers Mac all the way...

Old 01-04-2015, 09:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Yeah I tend too be quiet sometimes since my English is bad and don't want to put in wrong info. Cos I can't explained it sometimes like you guys do. Lol. As for the headers Mac all the way...

Lol im from southeast Louisiana and my English isnt the best either. you do a good job
Old 01-04-2015, 09:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol im from southeast Louisiana and my English isnt the best either. you do a good job
Hahaha thanks man, I'm learning... 😆

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang