Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Calling all V6 Performance Package Owners(13's & 14's)

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Josh_101 
#1 ·
Trying to find out if any of you V6 performance Package owners know if this wheel will fit the front of our car.

It's the 18"x8" wheel with the P235/50-18 A/S Pirelli tires which are included in Mustang Club of America Edition.

I believe this same wheel comes on, or is an option on some GT's. And since the V6 Performance Package front rotors are the same size (13.2") as the GT's I'm hoping it will clear.
(The front rotors on the V6's without the Performance Package is 12.4".)
(The Brembo package has the 14" rotors which is different again.)

Has anyone had any experience with this question?

#2 ·
That wheel will fit yours, although you do have the larger front Rotors with the Auto the Manual Trans cars still have the regular V6 front Rotors. My Winter wheels are premium V6 wheels and tires :thumb:

#3 ·
Siber express knows his business... ?

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.

#9 · (Edited)
DieHard, you are going to NOT run the summers in winter. I'm in CT and when I asked enough people who lived north of the MasonDixon line had tales of oopsies. I tell people that a new set is cheaper than any accident. I scored a set of the all season Neros for mine in cold weather (Tacoma in snow)

oh yeah, +1 on fitting

#13 ·
I will! Thanks.

#14 ·
Bud, 13-14 V6 PP rotors are not 13.2". They're 12.4" (same size as 4.6L GTs prior to 2011). Standard V6 rotors are 11.x". Ask me how I know lol

However, your 18" wheels should clear those without any problem. I have run 17" after marker winter wheels on 2014 PP 3.7

#18 · (Edited)
Well the used 18" OEM wheels with the A/S Pirelli P Zero's, fit over my 13.2" front rotors, just fine.
Took awhile but the computer finally recognized the Tire Pressure Sensors that were already in the replacement wheels.
(went through that excercise of gas pedal pressing and ignition switch turning on and off, as directed for the relearn. Although I did not have the "Ford Tire Pressure Monitor Programming Tool". (Don't know why you should identify each wheel when the Mustang system doesn't tell you which wheel is low. That I'm aware of anyway.)

Oh yeah...another side note.
I've never spun my wheels with my "summer only' tires but with the A/S Pirelli P Zero's, all I had to do was floor it from a dead stop, in sport mode. And I think I heard a tiny squeak shifting to 2nd.:angel: (No tune/auto)

#23 ·
I'm looking to sell the engine cover from my car, I like my engines naked lol.

Here's a cool mod idea that popped up in my head the other day. Soon after I get a set of Matte black 19x9.5" SVE Drift wheels, I'm thinking of getting the 13-14 GT500 brembo brake kit, it consists of 15" front rotors with 6 piston calipers, and 13.8" rear rotors with the sliding calipers. I think it would be pretty sweet to paint the calipers green to match Gotta Have It Green.

#24 ·
I know I shouldn't ask but what makes a drift wheel a drift wheel?:bow:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.