Calling all V6 Performance Package Owners(13's & 14's) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Calling all V6 Performance Package Owners(13's & 14's)

Trying to find out if any of you V6 performance Package owners know if this wheel will fit the front of our car.

It's the 18"x8" wheel with the P235/50-18 A/S Pirelli tires which are included in Mustang Club of America Edition.

I believe this same wheel comes on, or is an option on some GT's. And since the V6 Performance Package front rotors are the same size (13.2") as the GT's I'm hoping it will clear.
(The front rotors on the V6's without the Performance Package is 12.4".)
(The Brembo package has the 14" rotors which is different again.)

Has anyone had any experience with this question?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2015, 08:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Trying to find out if any of you V6 performance Package owners know if this wheel will fit the front of our car.

It's the 18"x8" wheel with the P235/50-18 A/S Pirelli tires which are included in Mustang Club of America Edition.

I believe this same wheel comes on, or is an option on some GT's. And since the V6 Performance Package front rotors are the same size (13.2") as the GT's I'm hoping it will clear.

That wheel will fit yours, although you do have the larger front Rotors with the Auto the Manual Trans cars still have the regular V6 front Rotors. My Winter wheels are premium V6 wheels and tires
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
That wheel will fit yours, although you do have the larger front Rotors with the Auto the Manual Trans cars still have the regular V6 front Rotors. My Winter wheels are premium V6 wheels and tires
Siber express knows his business... 😎

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Siber...I do remember you talking about this subject before. So do you have the manual with the smaller front rotors or do you have an automatic.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Siber...I do remember you talking about this subject before. So do you have the manual with the smaller front rotors or do you have an automatic.
I have the Manual with the smaller Rotors
My Winter set up
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have the Manual with the smaller Rotors
My Winter set up
You have winters in Tennessee? jk
So you have the smaller rotors, so I must ask, how do you know those wheels will fit the auto with the 13.2" rotor?
Old 01-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You have winters in Tennessee? jk
So you have the smaller rotors, so I must ask, how do you know those wheels will fit the auto with the 13.2" rotor?
Those are the same wheels that are an option on a GT, the MCoA wheels are just painted Sterling Grey instead of being polished. The only stock 2010-14 Mustang wheels that will not fit on the Automatic Performance Package are the 17's from the V6.
As for winter, it was 5F here this morning and is 27F and snow flurries right now.
Although we do not get massive amounts of snow, it is still cold enough not to run a summer only tire about 50% of winter
Old 01-09-2015, 06:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Those are the same wheels that are an option on a GT, the MCoA wheels are just painted Sterling Grey instead of being polished. The only stock 2010-14 Mustang wheels that will not fit on the Automatic Performance Package are the 17's from the V6.
As for winter, it was 5F here this morning and is 27F and snow flurries right now.
Although we do not get massive amounts of snow, it is still cold enough not to run a summer only tire about 50% of winter
Okay thanks! I just wasn't sure if there was anything different between the GT and the V6 PP brakes that would affect it.
Yeah yesterday morning was a cold one.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:27 AM   #9
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
DieHard, you are going to NOT run the summers in winter. I'm in CT and when I asked enough people who lived north of the MasonDixon line had tales of oopsies. I tell people that a new set is cheaper than any accident. I scored a set of the all season Neros for mine in cold weather (Tacoma in snow)

oh yeah, +1 on fitting
Old 01-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
DieHard, you are going to NOT run the summers in winter. I'm in CT and when I asked enough people who lived north of the MasonDixon line had tales of oopsies. I tell people that a new set is cheaper than any accident. I scored a set of the all season Neros for mine in cold weather (Tacoma in snow)

oh yeah, +1 on fitting
^^^ I live in Florida and on really cool nights my summer tires turn into "hockey pucks". Anything below 45 and I see a real grip loss.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

oh yeah, +1 on fitting
No definitely NOT. That's why I'm checking into the fitting of the OEM MCA take-offs.
And thanks for the added confimation on the fitting.
(I use my AWD Charger in the snow)
Old 01-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #12
Staff

Regular
Staff

look for my cruise in the spring/fall we do the backroads of MA including Mohawk Trail. We'll have 14/15 Stangs making the run
Old 01-09-2015, 12:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
look for my cruise in the spring/fall we do the backroads of MA including Mohawk Trail. We'll have 14/15 Stangs making the run
I will! Thanks.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:44 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Bud, 13-14 V6 PP rotors are not 13.2". They're 12.4" (same size as 4.6L GTs prior to 2011). Standard V6 rotors are 11.x". Ask me how I know lol

However, your 18" wheels should clear those without any problem. I have run 17" after marker winter wheels on 2014 PP 3.7
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Bud, 13-14 V6 PP rotors are not 13.2". They're 12.4" (same size as 4.6L GTs prior to 2011). Standard V6 rotors are 11.x". Ask me how I know lol

However, your 18" wheels should clear those without any problem. I have run 17" after marker winter wheels on 2014 PP 3.7
The automatic PP has 13.2 front rotors. The manual still has the 12.4

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 01-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Oh sweet, I didn't know about autos
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:33 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I guess Ford figured the manual drivers would be downshifting.

Old 01-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Well the used 18" OEM wheels with the A/S Pirelli P Zero's, fit over my 13.2" front rotors, just fine.
Took awhile but the computer finally recognized the Tire Pressure Sensors that were already in the replacement wheels.
(went through that excercise of gas pedal pressing and ignition switch turning on and off, as directed for the relearn. Although I did not have the "Ford Tire Pressure Monitor Programming Tool". (Don't know why you should identify each wheel when the Mustang system doesn't tell you which wheel is low. That I'm aware of anyway.)

Oh yeah...another side note.
I've never spun my wheels with my "summer only' tires but with the A/S Pirelli P Zero's, all I had to do was floor it from a dead stop, in sport mode. And I think I heard a tiny squeak shifting to 2nd. (No tune/auto)
Old 01-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I have chirped my Pirellis going into 3rd gear with the Manual, my winter set will spin into 3rd if I get on it hard
Old 01-12-2015, 05:30 AM   #20
Staff

Regular
Staff

our brake rotors may be smaller but at least we have the engine cover........never mind
Old 01-12-2015, 07:02 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
our brake rotors may be smaller but at least we have the engine cover........never mind
Good point Mud

Old 01-12-2015, 07:17 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Damn, I don't have that nice engine cover and I have the smaller rotors lol (manual)
But I have 3.73s : )

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I'm looking to sell the engine cover from my car, I like my engines naked lol.

Here's a cool mod idea that popped up in my head the other day. Soon after I get a set of Matte black 19x9.5" SVE Drift wheels, I'm thinking of getting the 13-14 GT500 brembo brake kit, it consists of 15" front rotors with 6 piston calipers, and 13.8" rear rotors with the sliding calipers. I think it would be pretty sweet to paint the calipers green to match Gotta Have It Green.
Josh_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_101 View Post
I'm looking to sell the engine cover from my car, I like my engines naked lol.

Here's a cool mod idea that popped up in my head the other day. Soon after I get a set of Matte black 19x9.5" SVE Drift wheels, I'm thinking of getting the 13-14 GT500 brembo brake kit, it consists of 15" front rotors with 6 piston calipers, and 13.8" rear rotors with the sliding calipers. I think it would be pretty sweet to paint the calipers green to match Gotta Have It Green.
I know I shouldn't ask but what makes a drift wheel a drift wheel?
Old 01-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
I know I shouldn't ask but what makes a drift wheel a drift wheel?
It's the style of the wheel, I think... People call them that anyways so I'm just going along with it lol
Josh_101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang