Advice on a next mod - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Advice on a next mod

Hey guys I just finished building the suspension of my car and i'm looking for some recommendations on a next performance mod that you guys think will help my 0-60.

So far my mod list for performance parts is:
-Airaid CAI
-Bama Tune
-FRPP Axle Back Exhaust
-3.73 Gears
-the suspension mods to lower and improve handling
-Wheels and wider tires

Any recommendations are welcome!

Another question that i have is that i run around a 14.5 average MPG with a v6 and i have seen ridiculously good averages and was wondering if its just because i like to take off fast and am a pretty aggressive driver or if something might be wrong with my car.

Thanks for any help!
Bdeysher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
Kevin.Cook

Agressiveness will drop it. Also it looks like you might be getting more city miles then highway? City for conservative people averages around 19-21. So just baby the car a bit and it should give you a better average.

Keeping up maintenance will help as well.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:38 PM   #3
Kevin.Cook

And if you are concerned about average mpgs then gears will only make it a bit worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #4

Region: Texas
I would say headers and a mid pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
HoustonV6 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonV6 Stang View Post

+1

08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
1 piece driveshaft is a must

Matts14fp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts14fp6 View Post
1 piece driveshaft is a must

thats what I was thinking too, thanks!
Old 01-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah i feel like i will end up doing that sooner or later, but im worried about ruining the exhaust note that i have with the CAI and axle backs I've heard people's exhausts on youtube that have headers and its a little too raspy for my liking, I love the deep sound of mine right now.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:57 PM   #9

Yea when I got my xpipe put on at first I thought I just ruined my note, but after driving around for awhile I fell in love with it.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Advice on a next mod

This for your mpg issue

Another thing you can consider is running a top tier fuel in your car. That doesn't mean running a higher octane but from certain gas stations. Top tier gas stations include places like BP and Shell. We get a lot of drivability issues where I work and sometimes that's the fix. Top Tier fuels have more detergent in them to keep you injectors clean and reduces carbon build up on your Pistons. They are a little more expensive but worth it, plus they can improve gas mileage or try an non-ethanol gas it will it can improve gas mileage too. Another thing is don't fill up your car when a semi is putting gas in the station all the contaminants at the bottom of the gas station reservoir are being stirred up. In my town a lot of people have had bad luck with Kroger's. We've found water in their fuel systems; don't know if it's the same anywhere else.

Proud owner of:
1965 Chevrolet Impala SS pure original 327 300hp,360ftlbs Muncie 21 4spd, 12 bolt rear, mist blue white interior, 17in cragar thrust wheels, super 44 flow master mufflers. status: 98% restored

2008 Roush 427R #528 All stock except Roush billet grille, Roush CAI 460hp, 425ftlbs, 5spd vista blue white graphics black leather with blue inserts, stock Roush wheels and exhaust. Status: waiting for many many upgrades

70 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack 290hp factory rated (bull****) 4spd hemi Orange black interior rallye wheels, T/A exhaust. status: restoration in progress

75 MGB convertible 1.8L 90hp, of pure evil, 4spd Mars red (VW color) black top black interior wire wheels. Status: restored and for sale

Hunting for a black 03 terminator 10th anniversary coupe
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea when I got my xpipe put on at first I thought I just ruined my note, but after driving around for awhile I fell in love with it.

I feel like I would end up loving it too! I might do driveshaft before this though so that my friends cant say that their cars are technically faster because my top speed is 112
Old 01-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #12

Your car tops out at 112. I've taken mine up to 125 but that's as far as I'll go without getting a new ds.

Old 01-11-2015, 10:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
This for your mpg issue

Another thing you can consider is running a top tier fuel in your car. That doesn't mean running a higher octane but from certain gas stations. Top tier gas stations include places like BP and Shell. We get a lot of drivability issues where I work and sometimes that's the fix. Top Tier fuels have more detergent in them to keep you injectors clean and reduces carbon build up on your Pistons. They are a little more expensive but worth it, plus they can improve gas mileage or try an non-ethanol gas it will it can improve gas mileage too. Another thing is don't fill up your car when a semi is putting gas in the station all the contaminants at the bottom of the gas station reservoir are being stirred up. In my town a lot of people have had bad luck with Kroger's. We've found water in their fuel systems; don't know if it's the same anywhere else.
Yeah i just started running higher octane today (93) and always fill up at shell because I feel like Wawa is just not as good and they dont even have 93, only 92. Plus i usually run a 87 performance Bama tune and ive heard that the 93 Race tune makes a huge difference, so i want to start filling up on 93 and try it out!

Anyone have any experience with the 93 tune compared to 87??

PS wawa is a gas station/ grocery store/ sub shop type of thing that is insanely popular in Delaware and some of the surrounding states haha. Ive met people from other states that had no clue what i was saying when i told them i loved wawa
Old 01-11-2015, 10:09 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your car tops out at 112. I've taken mine up to 125 but that's as far as I'll go without getting a new ds.

Yeah, i could get the tuner to take the limiter off but until i get the new Ds theres really no point

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang