Suspension Clunk - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Delaware
Suspension Clunk

Hi guys, a few weeks back, I installed some new suspension parts in my 2013 v6. When first driving it I was hearing a LOT of clunking noises when i would turn at slow speeds such as pulling out of the driveway. I figured this might have been because of the close to 2in drop and still using the stock sway bar end links because they were very hard to even fit in. I looked around and bought SR Performance adjustable end links and put them at the lowest option even though it still is taller than i feel it should be. This got rid of the major clunking sounds but still some here and there, it has been about 2 weeks now and when turning into spots or doing a K turn on a small road, the clunking is pretty loud, i get a thump, thump, thump every time that i turn the wheel all the way to the left or right...
Anyone have any clue what this could be or a fix to this problem?

here is the parts that i installed:
J&M Adjustable Caster Camber Plates
H&R Super Sport Springs about 2" drop
Stack Racing Strut Tower Brace
Eibach Sway Bar kit (Front and Back)
SR Triple Adjustable Panhard Bar
SR Adjustable Sway Bar End Links

Thanks for any help guys!

Bdeysher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Oklahoma
Are you sure your tires aren't rubbing at lock?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
My number 1 thing to check when i get suspension clunk is greasing any bushings that have recently been installed. Being that theres a difference between "turning" and the car transferring load from one side to the other, does it happen when turning, or when transferring? Such as coming out of the driveway at an angle? You're turned, but also transferring load?

I believe those sway bars, and that PHB should have greaseable bushings. May be worth a quick once over.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
I've got an terribly annoying front clunk only when I brake after lowering my car...still trying to figure out what the hell it is

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang