Easy GO keyless entry - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Easy GO keyless entry

Has anybody installed, or had this installed? Some days I hate to admit that I'm jealous of my brother's features on his 2011 Jetta. He has a factory system, which seems to be pretty common on newer vehicles.

It adds a push button start in place of the 12v outlet between the A/C vents, replaces door handles, and covers the switch on the steering column.

Anyway, my dealer is listed as an installer on their site. I'm going to ask about it when I go get my shock replaced (this week hopefully). I'm not sure what the system costs installed, anyone have a guess?

Easy GO

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2015, 08:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
How much is it to be installed? I'm curious and interested in this "EasyGo" thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Lambo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

I'll let you know this week hopefully. Looks like the DIY kits are $600 so if it's under $1k I might put my tax refund towards this and new tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2015, 07:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It does seem like a nice convenient add on to have. My friends 2011 Challenger has it and I feel a little behind or outdated in my 2013 Mustang lol

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
It's standard on the 2015. If it costs $600 I think it's worth it. It's nice just leaving the key in your pocket.
BlueBellThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Yeah, I noticed. My salesman was all too happy to have me sit in the '15 they had on the lot while they checked out a rattle on my '13. I was tempted, but it was the 4cyl. And the interior was red.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I think the red interior is cool. I bought a race red with black interior. GT premium. I got it back in November for $35,000 after some haggling. So far it's been great.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Easy GO keyless entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Yeah, I noticed. My salesman was all too happy to have me sit in the '15 they had on the lot while they checked out a rattle on my '13. I was tempted, but it was the 4cyl. And the interior was red.

If you have a GT I wouldn't step down to an EB. I'm not nocking it, but I think once you've had a v8 it's hard to drive anything else.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

V6 now. Lowest I would go is the V6. I'm sure the 4 is for some, just not me. And I could never have a red vehicle, red interior, etc. Crimson/White are the colors of my school's rival, lol.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I think the EB has more potential than the v6, at least that's what I've been reading.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I think it's worth it I wonder if the normal key would still work similar to how the push button start that's available from AM works

Brandneutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

It would not work from what I read The ignition is plugged, though I'm not sure if you leave the plug out if it will still work. There is a fail safe that is with the system that keeps a cut spare key inside the fob so you can open the door and the fob is rfid chipped so getting it near the button disarms the security. Seems pretty legit IMO.

Have an appointment for Thursday morning for my shock and oil change, so hopefully know more then.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Hey man, subscribed. THis is a must-have on my list and I am totally doing it. I rent a lot of cars and have come to love this feature. I'd probably chance installing it myself. I know which end of a solder gun is hot and like a challenge.
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:36 PM   #14
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordySanchez View Post
Hey man, subscribed. THis is a must-have on my list and I am totally doing it. I rent a lot of cars and have come to love this feature. I'd probably chance installing it myself. I know which end of a solder gun is hot and like a challenge.
Haha, I'm 99% sure I could do it myself. But if the dealer does it and covers it under my warranty that's worth the piece of mind to me. All the extra stuff is just more that can break.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:44 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Seems like it could cause a lot of problems if I was to do it myself. Would hate for my alarm to go on and not stop or the car doesn't start up. I'm way to busy to deal with that lol but might be nice if the dealer can do it for a reasonable price.

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:07 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I may be wrong on this ---BUT---

With most of the push button starts I have seen, You still need the key to turn on to start the car by pushing a button. ( What good is that????)

My Mini was nice because all I had to do was get in the car with my fob in my pocket and push the start / stop button.
They now have this standard on a 2015 Mustang.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:46 PM   #17
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
With most of the push button starts I have seen, You still need the key to turn on to start the car by pushing a button. ( What good is that????)

My Mini was nice because all I had to do was get in the car with my fob in my pocket and push the start / stop button.
They now have this standard on a 2015 Mustang.
Ronnie
Yup, that's what this does. There is a module for the PATS system and a new fob. All you need is the fob in your pocket and you push the button. Same with the door handles and built in lock buttons. Walk up to the car, push the button and it unlocks. When you get out, push the button and it locks. This is why I want this. I could easily put a button in that would require using a key turned to the on position.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:04 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
yeah, this is not for the faint of heart. Basically, you're gonna have to saw off a key and jam it into the ignition and put a little cover over it. The dealer is gonna butt rape you, but I'd love to hear the quote. Any REPUTABLE stereo installation house can do the job as well.
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Just looked at this and it seems nice! Also my dealer is an installer so I might have to give them a call and see how much. I wonder if this would hurt or help trade in value and also I have a manual and I've been told and read that remote starts don't work on them. Seeing as there is no one there to push in the clutch. OP do you have a manual or auto?
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:01 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Definitely atching this. My '12 Challenger has it and it kills me that my Mustang doesn't
gkcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:31 PM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The 2015 Mustangs have it

I test drove a 2015 GT and it had the fob that you just kept in your pocket, got into the car and pushed the stop/start button. No key involved. The salesman said it was standard on all of the 2015 Mustangs.

My dealer in Daytona is also an installer. I may look into this if I can ever get the other stuff I can't live without.
Ronnie
Old 01-21-2015, 11:36 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Subscribed. This is a really convenient and useful feature. My parents' Fusion Titanium has something similar but better in one really cool/nifty regard: the door handles are touch sensitive. As long as the key is in your pocket, you just walk up and grab the handle like normal and the car unlocks. When closing the door you run your finger over the top of the handle and it locks. It also locks if you step away from the car with the key (just like this one).

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:50 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Just looked at this and it seems nice! Also my dealer is an installer so I might have to give them a call and see how much. I wonder if this would hurt or help trade in value and also I have a manual and I've been told and read that remote starts don't work on them. Seeing as there is no one there to push in the clutch. OP do you have a manual or auto?

On the 2015's only the auto's have the remote starter. I'm not sure about the aftermarket ones though.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:50 AM   #24
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
V6 now. Lowest I would go is the V6. I'm sure the 4 is for some, just not me. And I could never have a red vehicle, red interior, etc. Crimson/White are the colors of my school's rival, lol.
The turbo 4 has more HP than our beloved V6, and will out rev it all day long.

And I owned a 2011 V6 that I had a blast with at the rally road tracks on weekends, so I'm in no way bashing on the V6's.

I hated to admit it, but my wifes BMW twin turbo 4 would run my Mustang V6 down easily.

Should have asked if you could have taken it for a test ride; then again, maybe it was better you did not, as you might have found it was a lot of fun.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:31 AM   #25
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

So my dealer has never heard of it and doesn't know why he's listed on their site. He suspects it just searches for all car dealers in the area, but there are some not listed that I drive past so I have no idea.

While he said they've never done one he said it looks like it would be the same as installing an alarm and remote start and would run about $400. Maybe more, maybe less.

So I'm gonna have to think about if I want to risk $1k on it. My gut is leaning towards yes...

Old 01-22-2015, 09:36 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Subscribed
Old 01-22-2015, 09:39 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So my dealer has never heard of it and doesn't know why he's listed on their site. He suspects it just searches for all car dealers in the area, but there are some not listed that I drive past so I have no idea.

While he said they've never done one he said it looks like it would be the same as installing an alarm and remote start and would run about $400. Maybe more, maybe less.

So I'm gonna have to think about if I want to risk $1k on it. My gut is leaning towards yes...

For selfish reasons, I hope you do. We need a guinea pig.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:17 AM   #28
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yes- Go ahead and do it !!!!!!!!!!!

I had it on my Mini and sure do miss it. It is just a great -PERFECT- easy, convenient feature that I'm sure you will love.

Don't forget to tell us all of the information such as cost and installation after you get it put in.
You will be our HERO

Ronnie
Old 01-22-2015, 11:36 AM   #29
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Well, if you have a red Mustang I found this for $360...

Still looking for a better deal in Performance White.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:01 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, come on take one for the team lol.
If there's one thing missing from these cars that aggravates me, it's this feature. I mean come on, what are we cavemen? A key, really? Lol
- Following this intently

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dubbed "Lucinda" by my 5 year old daughter and co-pilot
Itcouldbebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:10 PM   #31
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Haha. I emailed the company to see if they had a recommended installer with experience in my state, so we will see what they say. From searching I found that they are based in CA and do have recommended installers out there because someone got it done after a dealer wouldn't touch it (Honda dealer for a Honda car). My dealer expressed no worry whatsoever and seemed curious about the system.

I'm thinking more and more I'm gonna pull the trigger on this. Really deciding between this and the Raxiom nav system since those are, IMO, things that should have come on a "premium" car...

Old 01-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm thinking more and more I'm gonna pull the trigger on this. Really deciding between this and the Raxiom nav system since those are, IMO, things that should have come on a "premium" car...
Regarding the nav unit, they've got the electronics package option but you have to pay, what, $1000 (?) for it. For the price range of the mustang I think it's reasonable that it's not included (though I guess they changed that for 2015). Not to mention added weight, which gets more performance-purist types that are a big market for these vehicles ticked off. Speaking of, I'm surprised no one has chimed in yet saying "this is a sports car, you should have bought a Cadillac."

That said, I want the keyless entry thing, bad.

If you are interested in the Raxiom nav unit, have you checked this out yet? Idatalink/Maestro MUS1 Dash kit install.

It's way cooler than the Raxiom, but also much much more expensive. About $2000 without any coupons or deals, but looks like most customers can find deals and get it down to around $1,000. It's a lot better than the factory unit too.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:39 PM   #33
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

I had not seen that, and will have something to read for the rest of the evening now, lol. (edit: that didn't take long, don't like seeing the trim around the radio and the big space at the bottom, Raxiom unit looks much more like stock)

Yes, I know it's a sports car. However I have decided that I am going to have my exhaust and suspension and be done with it. It's currently my only vehicle so until it's paid off I won't be doing anything major to the engine. Making it more convenient will be my goal.

And I only say that I think it should have come on a premium car is mine has the premium package and pony package. If I had purchased new I probably would have added the electronics package. The Raxiom unit looks factory to me. Hell, I'll probably end up adding it at some point this year anyways.

I wonder what it would cost to have the door handle painted if I bought the red handle for $360 vs $600. I'm betting less than $240 to have it painted.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:47 AM   #34
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Wingo! $360 and in HP White

Looks like they have Red Candy, Deep Impact Blue, and Sterling Grey for the same price as well.

Well, NVM on that site. You pay with iTunes gift cards. A quick search shows high potential for it being a scam... Removed links to save anyone else the hassle.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #35
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I had that system on a Chally rental and even me who does not like technology just for technologys sake thought it was great....ya walk up to the car and it will unlock for you (I tested it by trying it w/o the key in my pocket) and ya just push a button to start stop = brilliant.

I will mention twice Car & Driver has mentioned leaving the vehicle keys on the roof when swapping drivers/cars and driven off and lost keys

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang