Flooring the gas pedal? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 28
Flooring the gas pedal?

I'm a bit nervous, I mash my car like it's a race car and its only a v6. Its has a roush cold air intake, borla atak exhaust I just want to know what type of damage I may be doing or can the engine handle it?

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mellow_cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-20-2015, 08:17 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Many have driven their cars hard for many many miles. They are built for spirited driving, don't worry about it

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 28
Really haha I feel like I floor it too many times. Mines nearly has 8000 miles on it but I floor it to hear the beautiful sound of roush and borla

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mellow_cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-20-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellow_cloud9 View Post
I'm a bit nervous, I mash my car like it's a race car and its only a v6. Its has a roush cold air intake, borla atak exhaust I just want to know what type of damage I may be doing or can the engine handle it?

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Your not gonna hurt the engine just by flooring it a lot. I mean if you neutral bang the thing that's not good but flooring it. You just clean the carbon out. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Chaz12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 578
I always worry about it also but these cars are meant for it. It is not good for the car but it wont do damage. Unless you expect to drive it under 3k rpms like a "normal" car then I wouldint worry about it.
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
A redline a day keeps the mechanic away


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Grandma your car around and it will have more problems then if you were to rag on it all the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 28
Thanks guys! Now I can floor my car with a peace of mind 😃

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mellow_cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
A redline a day keeps the mechanic away


Bullitts are better than Bullets
Lmao! Thumbs

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Cooolbreeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Region: Arizona
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Grandma your car around and it will have more problems then if you were to rag on it all the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Curious about your statement. Is that from personal experience or is their something to back that up? Not challenging you in a way to say your wrong, just asking a question. I've definitely been flooring my gas pedal a lot more since I got my first oil change. Definitely enjoy that more.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
Curious about your statement. Is that from personal experience or is their something to back that up? Not challenging you in a way to say your wrong, just asking a question. I've definitely been flooring my gas pedal a lot more since I got my first oil change. Definitely enjoy that more.
Yes, we rag the crap out of all our cars.
When you are easy on them all the time you get excess carbon building up on everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Yes, we rag the crap out of all our cars.
When you are easy on them all the time you get excess carbon building up on everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Exactly!! Just don't start ripping through gears before she's warmed up though OP.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:48 AM   #13
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,022
mashing the go pedal is less harmful to your car than it is to your insurance premiums & mpgs.

caution there is a differance between having fun and abusing it. As noted earlier don't do it on a cold engine and I like to let it relax for the last few miles.
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:22 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
fenixignition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Clearwater, fl
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,050
the floor is there to stop the pedal from going too far. have fun and be safe.
__________________
2002 GT 5sp. 16x,xxx miles
Steeda Exhaust, C&L plenum, BBK Throttle Body, Steeda Underdrive, Steeda short throw, unknown stage clutch. Rear main leak. Compressor seal leak. Steeda lower control arms. good tires.
fenixignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:24 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixignition View Post
the floor is there to stop the pedal from going too far. have fun and be safe.
Ha ha ha. I like that
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:43 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Region: Arizona
Posts: 311
Driving under 2k all the time can gum up the fuel system. Back when I used to do security, our patrol vehicles never saw over 20mph or over 2k RPM. About every 6 months they would start running like crap, so we started once a month going out and putting some highway miles on it while giving it the business. Never had the problem again.

Getting on it on a semi regular basis is good. If your auto, just flooring it isn't going to hurt anything as long as you aren't slamming it into drive from neutral at high Rpms. I'm manual and routinely go WOT on ramps. Roush cai and Roush ab, the sound is intense.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:54 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysh View Post
Driving under 2k all the time can gum up the fuel system. Back when I used to do security, our patrol vehicles never saw over 20mph or over 2k RPM. About every 6 months they would start running like crap, so we started once a month going out and putting some highway miles on it while giving it the business. Never had the problem again.

Getting on it on a semi regular basis is good. If your auto, just flooring it isn't going to hurt anything as long as you aren't slamming it into drive from neutral at high Rpms. I'm manual and routinely go WOT on ramps. Roush cai and Roush ab, the sound is intense.
Neutral bombs! The worst for automatic's. Yeah , don't rev up to 4500 rpm's and drop into drive from neutral. But once in drive and all warmed up. Floor that bad boy.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
fenixignition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Clearwater, fl
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,050
When i first got my mustang, i was advised to just red line and go nuts every once in a while to keep it in good working order. he said its "the nature of the beast"

the best thing is supposed to be a nice long road trip, probably around 2000rpm or so cruising. but the more you work the engine, the more it heats up and blows out deposits.

I had a little hyundai before the stang that i only crept around it, and noticed it was lowering my gas mileage and performance. When i worked close enough to home that the engine never warmed up, i noticed the mustang seemed to lose a bit of performance. a little balls to the wall driving and its throat was nice and clear.
__________________
2002 GT 5sp. 16x,xxx miles
Steeda Exhaust, C&L plenum, BBK Throttle Body, Steeda Underdrive, Steeda short throw, unknown stage clutch. Rear main leak. Compressor seal leak. Steeda lower control arms. good tires.
fenixignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engine Temp when flooring Kustumb 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 6 05-31-2013 12:20 AM
Flooring gas pedal Mustang240 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 7 03-07-2012 11:33 PM
Garage flooring? HotRod.riguez General Car Discussion 16 09-12-2007 07:36 PM
Finally did the gas pedal mod !!! Danger Dude Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 55 09-11-2004 09:34 PM
Gas pedal fix OR_Red98 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 2 08-18-2003 07:59 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:34 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.