My car may be declared a total loss. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-22-2015, 04:38 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
That sounds pretty reasonable considering a buddy of mine bought a 2014 gt base for 26k. I'd take it.

If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2015, 05:08 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
How much was financed out the door?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I had financed $12k when I first bought it.
But really a 14 GT for only $26k where at!?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-22-2015, 05:09 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanV6Lee View Post

Just go to cars.com and look around. Sounds like you could get yourself into a 5.0

natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Just go to cars.com and look around. Sounds like you could get yourself into a 5.0

That's what I'm in the process at looking for probably going for 30k miles or less. Mostly seeing 11-12 5.0's.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
I'm. It sure if I have gap but with the amount they are offering as well as that I put so much money down its not an issue, but I think I'm pretty glad it's totaled with all that damage lol.

Sounds like u were not upside down on ur loan so GAP insurance won't kick in so that's good. Make sure u get the left over cash after ur car is paid off. Also if u did have GAP or Extended warranty make sure u cancelled it & get reimbursed the pro rated amount!
I got my 12 5.0 for 24k with 22k miles last year. Look around there's some good deals out there for used 5.0s if that's what u want!
Old 01-22-2015, 09:30 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Sounds like u were not upside down on ur loan so GAP insurance won't kick in so that's good. Make sure u get the left over cash after ur car is paid off. Also if u did have GAP or Extended warranty make sure u cancelled it & get reimbursed the pro rated amount!
I got my 12 5.0 for 24k with 22k miles last year. Look around there's some good deals out there for used 5.0s if that's what u want!

If you don't mind me asking how's your gas mileage been with it? Also how much of an Insurence jump do you think I'd have going from a 14 v6 to an 11 or so 5.0 if you know.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:12 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I cant be the only one to ask, but pics?
RomanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Ryan, I've gotten a 14 GT quoted to replace a 14 V6 with Geico. At the moment, I'm paying $630 every 6 months. With the GT, it was quoted at $840 every 6 months, full coverage. Maybe that'll give you an idea.

Have fun shopping!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:43 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:

I just got a used 14 GT with 12k miles for $24k.
Car gurus dot com. Put in your zip code and range. Search away..new or used, manual or auto etc.
I wanted a black GT 2011+ manual, I plugged in what I wanted and it shows you only the cars that fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	174066  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:05 PM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
First, I'm glad you weren't hurt and it sounds like they are giving you a fair price. Did that include sales tax if you had pay it.
Not sure what side of the country you guys are in but 3 months ago I bought my 14 base GT with TrackPak, Brembo, Recaro seats, 6spd, with Tech/Sync for less than $27k and it only had 2700 miles. My window sticker was $36,830 and I got it for more than $10k off sticker. If you are on the East maybe you should make a trip out West because I just drove a double to my car only it was a new 15 and they wanted $34k.........sticker was $37,310k.
At least here on the West Coast 14's with less than 10k miles are going for between $24/28 depending on equipment. I have also seen a few 15's for less than $30k........base 5.0 w/6spd.
Personally I'd look at autotrader.com and start calling "new car dealers" within 100 miles of you and putting the word out exactly what you are looking for. I did that and a Chevrolet dealer called me as my Mustang had been traded in on a 14 Corvette. Just a thought.
Honestly, if the Ford dealer had given me what I want for my 14 I would have bought the 15, I just loved the Deep Blue color and the staggered factory rims with 19x9's in front and 19x9.5" in the rear.............255's in the front and 275's in the rear....Oh yes, it had Track Apps and a Line Lock............
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:33 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanG View Post
I cant be the only one to ask, but pics?

Here is an idea of the damage. Some pics of it night of the accident some once the shop took it apart some. Olerodder yeah I live in the east coast. In my searching I'm trying to find a listed price mainly under $24k but yeah I've been finding some good deals on 2011-12 with 20k miles or less. but I think if I want to get a newer year range I'd have to go up in pricing which I'd rather not do considering I'm a college student who will be financing some of the car. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1421990954.938794.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	174069Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1421990982.977370.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	174071Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1421991015.823036.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	174072Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1421991027.678387.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	174073Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1421991043.186932.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	174074

Old 01-22-2015, 11:34 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

He bought it somewhere in the Nashville area.

After all is said and done, more is said than done...
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:22 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Here is an idea of the damage. Some pics of it night of the accident some once the shop took it apart some. Olerodder yeah I live in the east coast. In my searching I'm trying to find a listed price mainly under $24k but yeah I've been finding some good deals on 2011-12 with 20k miles or less. but I think if I want to get a newer year range I'd have to go up in pricing which I'd rather not do considering I'm a college student who will be financing some of the car. Attachment 174069Attachment 174071Attachment 174072Attachment 174073Attachment 174074
I wouldn't think that would be anywhere close to being totaled, at least judging from those pictures.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:33 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I wouldn't think that would be anywhere close to being totaled, at least judging from those pictures.

I would need to see more front end photos. The pictures look nowhere near a TL. But air bags and a broken windshield are usually signs of substantial damage.

If I was in that position and had a clean slate with a bit of a down payment I would definitely be looking at a 5.0. The 15s are starting to see some incentives. This time of year I bet you could get a new base 6mt 5.0 for just under $30k.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:11 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking how's your gas mileage been with it? Also how much of an Insurence jump do you think I'd have going from a 14 v6 to an 11 or so 5.0 if you know.

With my old v6 I was getting around 18-20mpg on average & with the 5.0 I'm getting 15-16mpg. To me it's not too big of a difference tho. My insurance went up around $80 than what I was paying with the v6 & that was with 3 recent speeding tickets! Find a VIN online from a car that's similar to what ur looking for & call ur insurance company & ask what the difference would be if u get into a GT.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #51
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
RyanV6Lee,

A college student.........when I went to college I had to sell my 55/2drHtp 4spd Chevy and get a 62 Volvo 544.............no way I could have afforded a new car in 1965. Must be nice.
With that said I understand you don't want to spend a lot of money and seriously I'd look on autotrader.com and send a lot of emails to new car dealers sales departments (web division) as you never know what will turn up...........maybe you would get lucky like I did and find one at a Chevy dealer.
I had a heavily mod'd 97 SVT Cobra and got hit in the rear of the car, not hard. Most of my cars suspension was either Steeda and Kenny Brown....this was in the late 90's. It wasn't bad enough that I couldn't drive it so I drove it home. It felt really funny, kind of like the rear end was sliding around. I had all of my suspension work done by Vern Pitts of Mustangs Plus in Vancouver, WA..........so I had the car put on a flatbed and taken there. It had sustained damage to one of the aluminum Steeda LCA's along with the Kenny Brown panhard bar setup, they were both bent. It had also done some damage to the rear bumper. I also know an excellent body and fender guy, Gary, or Gary's Mustangs in Clackamas, OR..................so it was sent there to make sure everything was straight and have the body/paint work done, then sent back to Vern's for the replacement of all of the aftermarket rear suspension.................it was a fight, but with the help of Vern and Gary and my telling the person's insurance that hit me that I was going to have my lawyer sue them.....they replaced everthing with brand new pieces and actually paid for me to get a rental car, buying all new Steeda/Kenny Brown suspension. The total bill for towing back and forth between shops and all of the work was over $7500....................I loved that car!
Didn't mean to ramble on, sorry.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:23 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
With my old v6 I was getting around 18-20mpg on average & with the 5.0 I'm getting 15-16mpg. To me it's not too big of a difference tho. My insurance went up around $80 than what I was paying with the v6 & that was with 3 recent speeding tickets! Find a VIN online from a car that's similar to what ur looking for & call ur insurance company & ask what the difference would be if u get into a GT.

Ok that's not too bad, I can handle that mpg I'll just have to be a bit more conservative on the throttle haha. But the Insurence jump shouldn't be too bad for me due to me being under a family plan where they switch around the drivers of the cars (so my 51 year old dad will be listed as the primary lol). But as for front end damage there was none, the deer literally ran into the SIDE of my car, no front damage. It apparently messed up the integrity of the roof support and the door. As well as banging up the rear panel enough they'd have to replace it.. The Insurence company actually came up some on their settlement though, they are including tax, aftermarket parts, all of it, for a total of $25k.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:26 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
RyanV6Lee,

A college student.........when I went to college I had to sell my 55/2drHtp 4spd Chevy and get a 62 Volvo 544.............no way I could have afforded a new car in 1965. Must be nice.
With that said I understand you don't want to spend a lot of money and seriously I'd look on autotrader.com and send a lot of emails to new car dealers sales departments (web division) as you never know what will turn up...........maybe you would get lucky like I did and find one at a Chevy dealer.
I had a heavily mod'd 97 SVT Cobra and got hit in the rear of the car, not hard. Most of my cars suspension was either Steeda and Kenny Brown....this was in the late 90's. It wasn't bad enough that I couldn't drive it so I drove it home. It felt really funny, kind of like the rear end was sliding around. I had all of my suspension work done by Vern Pitts of Mustangs Plus in Vancouver, WA..........so I had the car put on a flatbed and taken there. It had sustained damage to one of the aluminum Steeda LCA's along with the Kenny Brown panhard bar setup, they were both bent. It had also done some damage to the rear bumper. I also know an excellent body and fender guy, Gary, or Gary's Mustangs in Clackamas, OR..................so it was sent there to make sure everything was straight and have the body/paint work done, then sent back to Vern's for the replacement of all of the aftermarket rear suspension.................it was a fight, but with the help of Vern and Gary and my telling the person's insurance that hit me that I was going to have my lawyer sue them.....they replaced everthing with brand new pieces and actually paid for me to get a rental car, buying all new Steeda/Kenny Brown suspension. The total bill for towing back and forth between shops and all of the work was over $7500....................I loved that car!
Didn't mean to ramble on, sorry.

Yeah I've saved a bunch of money, work a lot, and making payments to afford the cars I want to drive lol. But it sure as hell is worth it!

Old 01-24-2015, 03:22 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok that's not too bad, I can handle that mpg I'll just have to be a bit more conservative on the throttle haha. But the Insurence jump shouldn't be too bad for me due to me being under a family plan where they switch around the drivers of the cars (so my 51 year old dad will be listed as the primary lol). But as for front end damage there was none, the deer literally ran into the SIDE of my car, no front damage. It apparently messed up the integrity of the roof support and the door. As well as banging up the rear panel enough they'd have to replace it.. The Insurence company actually came up some on their settlement though, they are including tax, aftermarket parts, all of it, for a total of $25k.

Yea it's not that bad & the extra HP is fun! Haha.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang