My car may be declared a total loss. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-21-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyanV8Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lee
Region: Georgia
Posts: 136
My car may be declared a total loss.

Hey guys my car recently got hit by a deer and after a while bunch of different people throwing down estimates the Insurence company is leaning toward calling my car a total loss.. I was wondering some tips toward the process they use to determine my cars value as well as how I can go about getting the most money I can from them. My car was RIP a 2014 Oxford white v6 base, with tech package and appearance pack. 6000 miles and was excellent condition, also had racing stripes and tint.
Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."
RyanV8Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
From what I'm told most insurances base car value for Kelley blue book. But be warned they try to low ball you as much as possible.




Excuse my naivety. I was born at a very early age.
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #3
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hope you had GAP coverage in case you owed anything on the car still. This will/should cover any extra amount the insurance company wont cover.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2015, 06:45 PM   #4
Kevin.Cook
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
And sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully the next car you get will be another Mustang. With more goodies
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
Was it a John Deere?
Did the airbags deploy or something?
You might want to talk with a Lawyer if they try to lowball you.
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
Also, without some kind of addendum, the insurance likely won't cover any mods you had like stripes or tint.
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Region: Arizona
Posts: 311
Insurance guy checking in.

Value is usually based on market price in a designated region. This is determined by year, miles, features(factory equipped), and general condition. Kbb is an ok starting point, but they "usually" look into recent sales as well.

You should get back value+sales tax(on the market value).

Any major recent work done can be accounted for like brand new brakes, tires, engine, transmission ect.

Mods are generally not covered without an aftermarket parts endorsement.

Stripes could go either way if they were a factory option or match factory availability and enhanced the cars value, meaning not fluorescent pink.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
gkcontra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 32
Yep, just like the insurance guy said.

I recently went through this on a car and the key thing is to find other cars in your area or region with similar miles, packages, etc and note the sales prices. Make that your starting point.
gkcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
dinobike19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Wpg
Region: Canada
Posts: 187
sry to here about ur car. Were u the first owner? when i bought mine i was offered to pay a extra $128 for the first 2 years and if it gets written off, my insurance pays the full amount i paid. and taxes.
dinobike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
stanglife305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: miami,fl
Region: Florida
Posts: 117
When mine was totaled they gave me 22k for base v6 white manual in miami fl area


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
stanglife305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysh View Post
Insurance guy checking in.

Value is usually based on market price in a designated region. This is determined by year, miles, features(factory equipped), and general condition. Kbb is an ok starting point, but they "usually" look into recent sales as well.

You should get back value+sales tax(on the market value).

Any major recent work done can be accounted for like brand new brakes, tires, engine, transmission ect.

Mods are generally not covered without an aftermarket parts endorsement.

Stripes could go either way if they were a factory option or match factory availability and enhanced the cars value, meaning not fluorescent pink.
Slight thread jack, but still on topic:

Since you have some insurance experience, I would assume even though they don't cover mods, do they cover the cost of the factory parts that are there when the car was stock? Or give you a depreciated value? I.e. they won't cover my Longtubes but won't depreciate the cost of the total car because it was modified?

Or say in the case it wasn't a total loss and my headlights (aftermarket) get destroyed. Would they refuse to cover that or just give me the value of the OEM components?

I know if a mod CAUSES a claim the claim can be denied or the policy rescinded.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
I have extra coverage on my Mustang, and thank God nothing has happened, but I did have a situation with one of my Insights.

Hit a deer, and they gave me the value of the car, plus the value of the new battery (hybrid battery), and the value of the new stereo, gear knob, tires, and steering wheel. I had to furnish receipts, but they had no issue getting value added from eSurance.

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:23 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
If I may be so bold, who is insurance company?




If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyanV8Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lee
Region: Georgia
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysh View Post
Insurance guy checking in.

Value is usually based on market price in a designated region. This is determined by year, miles, features(factory equipped), and general condition. Kbb is an ok starting point, but they "usually" look into recent sales as well.

You should get back value+sales tax(on the market value).

Any major recent work done can be accounted for like brand new brakes, tires, engine, transmission ect.

Mods are generally not covered without an aftermarket parts endorsement.

Stripes could go either way if they were a factory option or match factory availability and enhanced the cars value, meaning not fluorescent pink.

This right here was very helpful thank you! The stripes were matte black and professionally done by a guy recommended by the dealership. I've been looking at what other cars similar to mine are going for and plan on calling around some dealerships to see what they have sold similar to mine. I also do still owe money on the car but I had put a large amount down. I'm kind of bummed because this was my first mustang and only had it for 6 months really.. But my next car I do plan on getting another mustang, what type/year depends on the Insurence payout. Though I've been looking at possibly moving to a used 5.0, though that might depend on Insurence lol!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."
RyanV8Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:50 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyanV8Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lee
Region: Georgia
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
If I may be so bold, who is insurance company?




If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!

Cincinnati Insurence, and I've got to say so far they have been pretty reasonable with me through the process though I'm reserving judgment till I have their check lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."
RyanV8Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:57 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanV6Lee View Post
Cincinnati Insurence, and I've got to say so far they have been pretty reasonable with me through the process though I'm reserving judgment till I have their check lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Just checking,one of the biggest car insurance companys is actually a bunch of asswipes. Luckily you don't have that insurance. Speaking from experience.




If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:14 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Sorry about your car. You weren't injured so that's a good thing. Are you eating venison for the next couple of months?
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:07 AM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Just checking,one of the biggest car insurance companys is actually a bunch of asswipes. Luckily you don't have that insurance. Speaking from experience.




If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!

Now you've got me curious.... Which one are you referring to?


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:08 AM   #19
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
State Farm




If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:44 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
rringler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estero, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
State Farm




If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!
That's weird. I have had State Farm for 15 years now and they have been great to us. Great coverage and low premiums. Not sure how they are with coverage on a total loss but I was in an accident 10 years ago in my other car and it was close to being totaled out but wasn't. They fixed it and covered any aftermarket stuff that needed replaced down to the window tint, just had to show them receipts. Plus any time I need to get a tow, I pay upfront and they reimburse me as soon as I go into the office.

I know everyone has different experiences but I don't think I would ever switch from State Farm but that's just me.

Anyway, so back to the OP, good luck with this situation!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:14 AM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
"Hey guys my car recently got hit by a deer ..."

So, a deer hit your car, and totaled it? Tough deer...

I quoted you only because the way we speak to others can be easily misinterpreted, and can work against us by agents we have to work with when filing a claim. One thing I have learned the hard way early on, is to never allow them to record a conversation when they call you or talk to you. Refuse to talk in this situation (do not be recorded, as anything you say and wish to retract is difficult to to; the agents can sometimes be tricky with their questions to get you to answer in their favor).

When negotiating with an insurance company, always keep in mind that they are in business to make money; with this in mind, never take their first offer, unless it is absolutely an outstanding one in your favor.

Not all insurance companies are tough to work with, but again, if they were not making money, they would not be in business.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:43 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
U should be pushing towards getting it totaled. Cars that have been in accidents can be a pain in the future! Do u have GAP insurance? Because if u don't then u should fight for as much as u can for the car because ur gonna be on the hook for whatever u still owe minus the amount they value ur car at. If u do have GAP insurance then ur cover!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:52 AM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Good point from oh2freshstang...if your Mustang does get repaired, keep in mind that this will show up on a carfax report. If you trade the vehicle in some day, your trade in value will reflect this. It stinks yes, but it's how it works. Since there are many used Mustangs available now in these year ranges, a potential buyer for that model and year can be choosy; they can walk away from yours, and buy one that is "clean" from accidents.

If you had a choice between a Mustang that has had a large accident repair, and one that did not, which would you buy? Perhaps if the price were lower on the one that had an accident, then you'd pick it perhaps, proving the affected value hurts the owner/seller, which is you in this case of a vehicle that was involved in an accident.

So if there's a chance it gets totaled, that would actually help you in the long run pertaining to trade in or resell value.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:31 AM   #24
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,022
+1 on IF it was my car I would hope for a total. No matter what you are kinda screwed but it's like removing a band-aid.....it's better just to get it over.

to your ? about value do you have records of what you've done and photos that show it in a good light those MAY help.

good luck and I feel bad for ya.
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:15 AM   #25
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by rringler View Post
That's weird. I have had State Farm for 15 years now and they have been great to us. Great coverage and low premiums. Not sure how they are with coverage on a total loss but I was in an accident 10 years ago in my other car and it was close to being totaled out but wasn't. They fixed it and covered any aftermarket stuff that needed replaced down to the window tint, just had to show them receipts. Plus any time I need to get a tow, I pay upfront and they reimburse me as soon as I go into the office.

I know everyone has different experiences but I don't think I would ever switch from State Farm but that's just me.

Anyway, so back to the OP, good luck with this situation!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

My friend, I've never had State Farm as my car insurance provider and I never will. The reason I said it is someone hit one of our cars and he was insured by State Farm. State Farm refused to pay for the damage and wanted total the car. The damage was to the front fender and rear quarter panel on one side of the car and perfectly rebuildable. We had to sue them just to pay for the damage on our car.
Another reason is I used to work at a body shop and my boss wouldn't take in State Farm insured vehicles. He told me on one car he worked on it need a bumper plain and simple no way around it. It was nearly split into and State Farm said just weld it back together. The bumper would've been structurally weak. If we did that and the car got in another accident the chance of serious injury or death is amplified greatly.




If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
rringler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estero, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
My friend, I've never had State Farm as my car insurance provider and I never will. The reason I said it is someone hit one of our cars and he was insured by State Farm. State Farm refused to pay for the damage and wanted total the car. The damage was to the front fender and rear quarter panel on one side of the car and perfectly rebuildable. We had to sue them just to pay for the damage on our car.
Another reason is I used to work at a body shop and my boss wouldn't take in State Farm insured vehicles. He told me on one car he worked on it need a bumper plain and simple no way around it. It was nearly split into and State Farm said just weld it back together. The bumper would've been structurally weak. If we did that and the car got in another accident the chance of serious injury or death is amplified greatly.




If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!

That's crazy. I was just curious why. I received all new parts for my accident and got to see the progress the whole time. Maybe just certain areas are better than others.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:36 AM   #27
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
My car may be declared a total loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rringler View Post
That's crazy. I was just curious why. I received all new parts for my accident and got to see the progress the whole time. Maybe just certain areas are better than others.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Agreed, well this is in south western KY. And the car that had the fender damage was a 6 digit car. The front fender alone was $4,000 and it happened in '94.




If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
rringler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estero, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
My friend, I've never had State Farm as my car insurance provider and I never will. The reason I said it is someone hit one of our cars and he was insured by State Farm. State Farm refused to pay for the damage and wanted total the car. The damage was to the front fender and rear quarter panel on one side of the car and perfectly rebuildable. We had to sue them just to pay for the damage on our car.
Another reason is I used to work at a body shop and my boss wouldn't take in State Farm insured vehicles. He told me on one car he worked on it need a bumper plain and simple no way around it. It was nearly split into and State Farm said just weld it back together. The bumper would've been structurally weak. If we did that and the car got in another accident the chance of serious injury or death is amplified greatly.




If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!

That's crazy. I was just curious why. I received all new parts for my accident and got to see the progress the whole time. Maybe just certain areas are better than others.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:10 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Independence
Region: Missouri
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rringler View Post
That's crazy. I was just curious why. I received all new parts for my accident and got to see the progress the whole time. Maybe just certain areas are better than others.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Agreed about State Farm being good. This past summer I was hit on my Harley causing a $7500 repair quote, the lady had no insurance so State Farm paid me the market value with no problems. 2 weeks later I rear ended a pickup in my 2 day old Mustang, State Farm paid for repairs to both vehicles, all new parts from Ford on my Stang. I've had State Farm since day 1 of driving, never any problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
95Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:41 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
rringler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Estero, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Z28 View Post
Agreed about State Farm being good. This past summer I was hit on my Harley causing a $7500 repair quote, the lady had no insurance so State Farm paid me the market value with no problems. 2 weeks later I rear ended a pickup in my 2 day old Mustang, State Farm paid for repairs to both vehicles, all new parts from Ford on my Stang. I've had State Farm since day 1 of driving, never any problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yup same here. Never had anyone else ever. But I could see if I heard the stories above that people would stay clear of them. This was actually the first negative experience I heard from State Farm.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #31
Registered Member

Regular
 
Recon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hopkinsville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 6,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by rringler View Post
Yup same here. Never had anyone else ever. But I could see if I heard the stories above that people would stay clear of them. This was actually the first negative experience I heard from State Farm.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is the car they refused to fix... Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1421948664.455566.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	174013




If there's one thing I know it's Popsicles!
__________________
Mustangalley.com
Mustang of the day,
July 12, 2015
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Region: Arizona
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Slight thread jack, but still on topic:

Since you have some insurance experience, I would assume even though they don't cover mods, do they cover the cost of the factory parts that are there when the car was stock? Or give you a depreciated value? I.e. they won't cover my Longtubes but won't depreciate the cost of the total car because it was modified?

Or say in the case it wasn't a total loss and my headlights (aftermarket) get destroyed. Would they refuse to cover that or just give me the value of the OEM components?

I know if a mod CAUSES a claim the claim can be denied or the policy rescinded.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Mods still on the car at the time of appraisal generally count as if they were OEM. Like axle backs count as mufflers ect. You won't get any more or less for them(unless you have the endorsement). If you have your stock parts you can swap them back on and keep your mods.

Now if you ripped off all your mods and did NOT replace them, that would count against you.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyanV8Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lee
Region: Georgia
Posts: 136
I ended up getting a pretty reasonable offer from them, I had bought the car for $20,800 originally. I put down 8.8k and got a loan for the remainder. Thanks to my Insurence coverage with my car declared a total loss (which it just was today) the waive the deductible. With my mods and them paying for the tax on my car and the cost of the car it's self they are now offering just over $24000. As long as I show receipts for mods as well as proof I have the tech and pony package that is. Is this a reasonable offer you guys think?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."
RyanV8Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:38 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyanV8Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lee
Region: Georgia
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
U should be pushing towards getting it totaled. Cars that have been in accidents can be a pain in the future! Do u have GAP insurance? Because if u don't then u should fight for as much as u can for the car because ur gonna be on the hook for whatever u still owe minus the amount they value ur car at. If u do have GAP insurance then ur cover!

I'm. It sure if I have gap but with the amount they are offering as well as that I put so much money down its not an issue, but I think I'm pretty glad it's totaled with all that damage lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."
RyanV8Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:38 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
How much was financed out the door?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A total loss. R.I.P Raven ViperTran 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 44 01-13-2013 08:41 AM
K-Fed may get his revenge.. a K-Fed/Britney Sex Tape May Exist Brent The Bar 35 11-14-2006 02:06 PM
This guy is a total cluster**** WhiteStang99 The Bar 5 04-26-2005 05:38 PM
UN is a total waste !!!!! Time to close shop Danger Dude The Bar 7 10-15-2004 03:30 PM
Holy ####! Total Annihilation !!!! Suprman The Bar 25 07-18-2003 11:19 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:54 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.