Unsettling day of purchasing - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I see nothing wrong with AM taking steps to make sure they're not getting scammed. I don't know of any company taking your word for it for defective or damaged goods and just sending replacements without getting the previous stuff shipped back to them. Especially after 2 months.
When the new brakes arrived, OP should have sent the old ones back.

Did you call AM when your new brakes arrived and say " hey , got the new ones, I need to send the old ones to you"
Sure there's always a little glitch with trying to sort it out later because you're dealing with three separate departments, orders, shipping and returns.

Most companies will give you the "thanks for your business, however your needs would be better met by purchasing from xxxx company for your future needs". After several returns.

Publicly slamming them when the problem was born by you not returning sort of pricey items like you're supposed to isn't cool.
Guess who's name is flying around that company today and probably not associated with compliments?
I did call them. Multiple times. I said so in my post. When I called I said hey I was told to hold onto these while a UPS claim or something is done, do you want them and I was told no keep them for now. After the thousands of dollars I've spent with AM, I'm not gonna try and get one over on them for $60 brake pads....
While I understand where you are coming from, I think you just didn't read my post fully. I SPECIFICALLY stated numerous times that I was not attempting to bash AM in any way at all, and in fact gave them praise multiple times. I said the rep was not rude, no rude tone, anything.
The fault that I took was not over the brake pads or the LEDs, it was the fact that while I had been "blocked", I was never told of it when I was making purchases. Every time they went on my account, even 4 weeks ago when I had a wheel come with some scratches, they never said anything about me being blocked. What I took issue with was that. The "Oh you're spending $$ awesome" not telling me I'm blocked then when I need something exchanged "Oh you've been blocked for months".
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2015, 10:46 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Alex - Thanks for the response. I had gotten an e-mail mid/late October about them and I called in, they said they would send me the shipping label etc. I never got it. Checked spam, etc. then the following week got the same e-mail again. I called in again, and was told the same thing, I never got a shipping label. I have one now and will be sending them back tomorrow.
I know that you had said to keep them as they were soaked in the lube and the box was destroyed by UPS. That was where some of my confusion came from.
I want you to know that this has nothing to do with any of that, the LEDs, the pads, nothing. I think some people misconstrued my post and took it as that. You go above and beyond for us and me in this case and others, and it really is no big deal to me to send the pads back or anything, I am more than happy to.
As I stated in an above response, my issue is with how when I was purchasing a $500 wheel/tire combo 4 weeks ago none of this was said to me. The lady on the phone looked my account up, went through the purchases, etc. and no mention of my account being blocked or anything was said. When I called again that my wheel had come scratched, Again they went through my orders and nothing was said. But when I needed a replacement LED set, it was then mentioned to me and told I am blocked. I felt like it was totally fine if I was spending money, never brought up or even reminded, but when I needed something this was brought up. As others have stated, business is business, and I guess I should just shrug it off. It just seems like a very unethical business practice to not bring something major up like my account being blocked but allowed to spend $500 no problem and not even told, but when I need a replacement set of LEDs sent that's when I'm told. I guess I just really didn't expect that from AM.
Please don't think I am bashing AM like some one else had stated. That is entirely the opposite and as any regular forum member knows I have promoted and defended both AM and Bama numerous times, both here and in PMs. As that same person posted, I don't really care if my name is going around a company with nothing good being said about me, but I do care about public opinion on here about you and AM. I don't want anyone to think I'm criticizing either, and if some people read my entire post, they would know (and now do as I am restating it) that I have nothing but respect for you and AM as a whole. Just was unsettled by the event yesterday.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Depending on the software AM uses, it may not even show a flag to them until they start to process another return.

In the case of where I worked, when your account was locked you could only purchase things through a sales rep (not online or in store) and you were blocked from any warranty returns or work till it was taken care of.

However, that flag didn't even show up to us until we started processing a return, which it in turn blocks and gives you the reason.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2015, 12:23 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Well they have been dropped off to be shipped back. The blizzard earlier this week prevented me from getting to UPS for a few days but it's all good to go. Got more snow Thursday night/yesterday morning. More snow coming on Monday. Mustang is not happy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang