Unsettling day of purchasing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-22-2015, 05:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Unsettling day of purchasing

Guess who's back, back again, Grabber's back, back again!

Aloha Mustang Evolution, it is I, the blue grabber. I apologize for my absence, I have been crazy busy! And yes, big things are coming to the car it's gonna be amazing come spring time.... I will keep the shades drawn on what's going on right now
I have a different topic to speak of this post however. A long time ago, in a garage far, far away.....
So I was tinkering around with a few things on my baby, and I noticed my Raxiom HID license plate bulbs were out. No big deal, except this was the second set that has burned (can LEDs burn?) out. This was a frequent problem that I had seen on Cyclone Mustangs (JOIN IT ON FACEBOOK IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER. THAT IS AN ORDER.).
So after finagling with them, I live chatted American Muscle (It was quite late), and they said to call tomorrow and they would have a replacement sent out, or give me a refund since I already had a replacement pair sent out when the first were shipped to the wrong person several states away. I happily agreed to call tomorrow, thankful again for another quick, pleasant, and easy solution with AM.
However, as I soon found out, this was not to be the case. Well it was, then it wasn't, then it was again (Complicated but I will explain, fear not my pony pals).

I would like to pause here for a moment. First, I would like to applaud and shower American Muscle with praise for their customer service, especially the AM guys on here (Yes, you Alex ). This post is by no means/ways/devices bashing/demeaning/belittling American Muscle in any way (Yes, I said belittling, AM has feelings too!). The person I spoke with did not take a rude tone with me, or anything like that. Please read the following with that in mind, I am not a salty pirate.

I called up AM after a very long day of school, airfare and hotel booking (Nope you can't know where I'm going). I was looking forward to cheering up with a nice phone call, get me a refund or new set of LEDs, maybe chit chat about some stang-a-langs, the usual.
After explaining my situation, the person I spoke to said let's take a look at your orders. After some time, he said he could not find any orders for Raxiom LED license plate bulbs. I said well I ordered them and he said ok they're not showing up. Some more searching, still nothing.I gave him my account info., phone number, e-mail, everything. Still no order. he said he could look through it manually. Still nothing. I then tried multiple credit card numbers (No I'm not dumb enough to post them), and finally he was able to locate the order.
With the order now located, we came to our first apparent problem. He said that I was already issued a replacement set. I said yes, they don't work. He asked where the other set was. I explained to him how they did not work when I received them after they were lost in the mail and the ensuing replacement set has now ceased to work as well. He then asked what was wrong with them and why they didn't work. Flickering, dull, eventual complete darkness was my explanation. After a few minutes of this he said ok. It was like trying to haggle with the gate keeper to the Fort Knox of light bulbs, maybe he was i don't know what his other job is.
Now came the doozy, which did make me pretty mad I have to say, and I had to take a pause for an hour or two before writing this.
After the life stories of my lightbulbs (plural), he then said well, your account with us is blocked, in an accusatory tone. I had no idea what he was talking about, and told him so. He said that I owed them brake pads that I had never shipped back when they came damaged in the mail, and hence my account has been blocked and he could not do anything for me, and where are those brake pads!?
The brake pads are in my garage, waiting to be sent back to AM, in the same spot they have been since early October. As some of you may remember, I received brake pads damaged from shipping (Damn you UPS!!!!) 4 months ago, and AM (Alex) was nice enough to send me a new set. I was told to hold onto them while they filed damage claims with UPS. I did. After a few weeks, I PMed him asking what to do with the brake pads. I never received a response. I called AM in November and said this, and they said to hold onto them. I've been holding onto them.
I explained this all. Again, more questions. Why haven't you sent them back then? Why do you still have them? I explained everything yet again.

Now, this is my point of anger. Over the past 4 months, I have spent hundreds of dollars with AM. Just 4 weeks ago I placed a $500 + order. If my account has been blocked, why was I never told when I was spending all this money? Why, now, when I seek to get a replacement (My 3rd set now) of a faulty product, it is brought up to me and I'm accused of keeping damaged brake pads and trying to hide them or something. A blocked account is a pretty big deal, especially since I have spent thousands with AM. No phone call, e-mail, nothing???? It's fine if you're buying stuff we're just not gonna say anything but oh you want a new set of $29.99 LED's because 2 sets already have gone out? Oh you're blocked. Sorry. Can't send them. Where are our pads? Honestly that was just some BS.... I really felt disgusted... an extremely shady situation, one which I never dreamed I would encounter with AM.

I'm not the kind of person to say anything. I said 100000 times yes I have them I'll send them back of course, explained it all 10000 times, checked to make sure the shipping labels etc. went through, and will be sending them back this weekend. I was told the LEDs will be here sometime next week.
Am I in the wrong for not shipping them back? I guess I am, even though I called numerous times and was told "hold onto them for now" and attempted contact multiple ways. After months, and me spending hundreds of dollars with out it ever being brought up!!!!!! I was now accused of keeping them and that my account was blocked. It wasn't blocked when I was spending hundreds of dollars, but it is when I need a replacement $29.99 LED set......?
I really expected a lot better than that... especially from AM. Again, no one was rude, and it was all resolved.... I just feel extremely uneasy about it all, and that it was very shady. My faith and trust as a lifetime customer have been shook.....

Sorry for the essay, tried to make it a little fun to read, just needed to get this out there and off my chest, I've been pretty upset about it....
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post

Aloha Mustang Evolution, it is I, the blue grabber. I apologize for my absence, I have been crazy busy! And yes, big things are coming to the car it's gonna be amazing come spring time.... I will keep the shades drawn on what's going on right now
I have a different topic to speak of this post however. A long time ago, in a garage far, far away.....
So I was tinkering around with a few things on my baby, and I noticed my Raxiom HID license plate bulbs were out. No big deal, except this was the second set that has burned (can LEDs burn?) out. This was a frequent problem that I had seen on Cyclone Mustangs (JOIN IT ON FACEBOOK IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER. THAT IS AN ORDER.).
So after finagling with them, I live chatted American Muscle (It was quite late), and they said to call tomorrow and they would have a replacement sent out, or give me a refund since I already had a replacement pair sent out when the first were shipped to the wrong person several states away. I happily agreed to call tomorrow, thankful again for another quick, pleasant, and easy solution with AM.
However, as I soon found out, this was not to be the case. Well it was, then it wasn't, then it was again (Complicated but I will explain, fear not my pony pals).

I would like to pause here for a moment. First, I would like to applaud and shower American Muscle with praise for their customer service, especially the AM guys on here (Yes, you Alex ). This post is by no means/ways/devices bashing/demeaning/belittling American Muscle in any way (Yes, I said belittling, AM has feelings too!). The person I spoke with did not take a rude tone with me, or anything like that. Please read the following with that in mind, I am not a salty pirate.

I called up AM after a very long day of school, airfare and hotel booking (Nope you can't know where I'm going). I was looking forward to cheering up with a nice phone call, get me a refund or new set of LEDs, maybe chit chat about some stang-a-langs, the usual.
After explaining my situation, the person I spoke to said let's take a look at your orders. After some time, he said he could not find any orders for Raxiom LED license plate bulbs. I said well I ordered them and he said ok they're not showing up. Some more searching, still nothing.I gave him my account info., phone number, e-mail, everything. Still no order. he said he could look through it manually. Still nothing. I then tried multiple credit card numbers (No I'm not dumb enough to post them), and finally he was able to locate the order.
With the order now located, we came to our first apparent problem. He said that I was already issued a replacement set. I said yes, they don't work. He asked where the other set was. I explained to him how they did not work when I received them after they were lost in the mail and the ensuing replacement set has now ceased to work as well. He then asked what was wrong with them and why they didn't work. Flickering, dull, eventual complete darkness was my explanation. After a few minutes of this he said ok. It was like trying to haggle with the gate keeper to the Fort Knox of light bulbs, maybe he was i don't know what his other job is.
Now came the doozy, which did make me pretty mad I have to say, and I had to take a pause for an hour or two before writing this.
After the life stories of my lightbulbs (plural), he then said well, your account with us is blocked, in an accusatory tone. I had no idea what he was talking about, and told him so. He said that I owed them brake pads that I had never shipped back when they came damaged in the mail, and hence my account has been blocked and he could not do anything for me, and where are those brake pads!?
The brake pads are in my garage, waiting to be sent back to AM, in the same spot they have been since early October. As some of you may remember, I received brake pads damaged from shipping (Damn you UPS!!!!) 4 months ago, and AM (Alex) was nice enough to send me a new set. I was told to hold onto them while they filed damage claims with UPS. I did. After a few weeks, I PMed him asking what to do with the brake pads. I never received a response. I called AM in November and said this, and they said to hold onto them. I've been holding onto them.
I explained this all. Again, more questions. Why haven't you sent them back then? Why do you still have them? I explained everything yet again.

Now, this is my point of anger. Over the past 4 months, I have spent hundreds of dollars with AM. Just 4 weeks ago I placed a $500 + order. If my account has been blocked, why was I never told when I was spending all this money? Why, now, when I seek to get a replacement (My 3rd set now) of a faulty product, it is brought up to me and I'm accused of keeping damaged brake pads and trying to hide them or something. A blocked account is a pretty big deal, especially since I have spent thousands with AM. No phone call, e-mail, nothing???? It's fine if you're buying stuff we're just not gonna say anything but oh you want a new set of $29.99 LED's because 2 sets already have gone out? Oh you're blocked. Sorry. Can't send them. Where are our pads? Honestly that was just some BS.... I really felt disgusted... an extremely shady situation, one which I never dreamed I would encounter with AM.

I'm not the kind of person to say anything. I said 100000 times yes I have them I'll send them back of course, explained it all 10000 times, checked to make sure the shipping labels etc. went through, and will be sending them back this weekend. I was told the LEDs will be here sometime next week.
Am I in the wrong for not shipping them back? I guess I am, even though I called numerous times and was told "hold onto them for now" and attempted contact multiple ways. After months, and me spending hundreds of dollars with out it ever being brought up!!!!!! I was now accused of keeping them and that my account was blocked. It wasn't blocked when I was spending hundreds of dollars, but it is when I need a replacement $29.99 LED set......?
I really expected a lot better than that... especially from AM. Again, no one was rude, and it was all resolved.... I just feel extremely uneasy about it all, and that it was very shady. My faith and trust as a lifetime customer have been shook.....

Sorry for the essay, tried to make it a little fun to read, just needed to get this out there and off my chest, I've been pretty upset about it....
Sounds like it was a forgotten problem for quite some time. Glad it got worked out

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
To be fair, 2 previous sets of bulbs that were dead, and a non-return of a product would raise flags with me out of context.

I used to work with warranty returns with a computer company, that's exactly how it happened. We send you a replacement, you send the old one back or you get charged for it and/or a blocked account.

That being said, if they kept telling you to hold onto them, that's on them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

They never said to send the dead bulbs back, they said keep them.
What needed to be returned was the brake pads, which after numerous attempts to get them returned every time I called they said just wait. Never said a thing for months after when I called and placed orders, and until now I had completely forgotten about them.
My account wasn't blocked when I placed a $500 order a few weeks ago. Only now when I needed something. I wasn't sent an e-mail, call, anything, wasn't even told when they were doing orders for me while on the phone placing them, they had my account open. They said nothing. But when I needed something due to a faulty product, that's when they say that? That is where I have an issue. I totally agree the pads need to be sent back, which is why I tried sending them back numerous times. 3 months later and a $70 pair of damaged brake pads in my garage are forgotten about when they say "hold onto them for now". Not like it was a procharger or wheel set. My issue is the fact that I was never informed of this block on my account or even asked to send them back when placing all these orders and spending all this $ with them.... only now when I ask for a replacement set of 29.99 LED's
Old 01-22-2015, 05:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
To be fair, 2 previous sets of bulbs that were dead, and a non-return of a product would raise flags with me out of context.

I used to work with warranty returns with a computer company, that's exactly how it happened. We send you a replacement, you send the old one back or you get charged for it and/or a blocked account.

That being said, if they kept telling you to hold onto them, that's on them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I know it's easy to say afterwards but had Grabber documented every discussion with names and dates(obviously AM doesn't) I think he would have been in a much better position. The AM fellow has to take his word for those explanations. He doesn't know Grabber like we do and that he would never lie.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I know it's easy to say afterwards but had Grabber documented every discussion with names and dates(obviously AM doesn't) I think he would have been in a much better position. The AM fellow has to take his word for those explanations. He doesn't know Grabber like we do and that he would never lie.
I would have never imagined I had to document those things, especially with AM. I guess that's part of what is so unsettling for me, the realization that my word was not good enough and I was being accused of purposely not sending them back and trying to "get one over" on them. Especially with him saying you've already been sent a replacement set of bulbs why do you need new ones, and then going on to say my acc is blocked for a different matter entirely. Why not say that in the first place while you're looking at my account for 15 mins? It was just such a weird experience
Old 01-22-2015, 06:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would have never imagined I had to document those things, especially with AM. I guess that's part of what is so unsettling for me, the realization that my word was not good enough and I was being accused of purposely not sending them back and trying to "get one over" on them. Especially with him saying you've already been sent a replacement set of bulbs why do you need new ones, and then going on to say my acc is blocked for a different matter entirely. Why not say that in the first place while you're looking at my account for 15 mins? It was just such a weird experience
Completely understand...I've been in similar situations.
Chalk it up to experience.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Completely understand...I've been in similar situations.
Chalk it up to experience.
I guess it is just chalking it up to experience. This is my first time (the past year, crazy it's only been that long, I've learned and done so much) modding a car or dealing with aftermarket companies. I guess it is what it is!
Old 01-22-2015, 06:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

I'm guessing when the AM rep pulled your account up, no where was there any recorded notes from the rep that told you to hold onto them. So basically AM dude is just reading the account and it says a pair of brakes are still out. Somebody from AM should of noted in your account that per AM they requested you to hold onto them, until notified to return them.

Its just a classic example of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Unfortunately, it happens. Just except the fact you were trying to pull a fast one on Alex and AM! Ba ha ha ha ha. Just kidding man.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm guessing when the AM rep pulled your account up, no where was there any recorded notes from the rep that told you to hold onto them. So basically AM dude is just reading the account and it says a pair of brakes are still out. Somebody from AM should of noted in your account that per AM they requested you to hold onto them, until notified to return them.

Its just a classic example of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Unfortunately, it happens. Just except the fact you were trying to pull a fast one on Alex and AM! Ba ha ha ha ha. Just kidding man.
Kona you caught me with your detective work. I was, in fact, going to keep them and try to manufacture my own line of brake pads to compete with Hawk and AM, to be sold through the Patriots as part of their new line of football deflate pumps
Old 01-22-2015, 06:27 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Kona you caught me with your detective work. I was, in fact, going to keep them and try to manufacture my own line of brake pads to compete with Hawk and AM, to be sold through the Patriots as part of their new line of football deflate pumps
FOR THE WIN!!!!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Don't worry. You'll get a free procharger, 4 free AM t shirts, 7 free AM hoodies, a free wheel and tire kit of your choice when Alex comes to save the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:28 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ba ha ha ha. Lack of air brakes you could call them. Manufactured by Brian
Old 01-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Don't worry. You'll get a free procharger, 4 free AM t shirts, 7 free AM hoodies, a free wheel and tire kit of your choice when Alex comes to save the day.

Man, if Grabber gets a free procharger I want at least a AM hoodie!
Old 01-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I was actually thinking since it was a Raxiom LED license plate bulb kit, a fair compensation would be for AM to have my entire house wired with Raxiom LEDs.
Although I would not say no to a procharger.

Kona - With ideas like that you may just have what it takes to be my new head of marketing
Old 01-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
... to be sold through the Patriots as part of their new line of football deflate pumps
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	174038
Old 01-22-2015, 06:53 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Wait ,you were gone?

Sorry I couldn't read that. Way to long and my ADD kicked in....welcome back.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:54 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Man, if Grabber gets a free procharger I want at least a AM hoodie!
I've spent a bunch of money at AM and I never go anything for free...
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:56 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Not going to lie, I never would have read paragraphs about a damn LED light going out if you didint make those first paragraphs so funny lol. Good stuff.

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I've spent a bunch of money at AM and I never go anything for free...
Don't worry, me either! I have gotten some good deals on some things though.

Chaz - That's how I draw you in

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

And yes I have not really been on ME for like 2 months. I would pop in once every few weeks to read things
Old 01-22-2015, 07:30 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I love American muscle and I know people hate on eBay all of the time but I would never pay 25$ for LEDs. They cost about a dollar or less to make. I buy them on eBay for 2$ each and have always used those in my dome lights and license plate lights. Even reverse lights on my 2011. That would be 75$ right there. You get what you pay for but mine have always been bright white and never quit working. I think you just need to find the right sellers. Many are cheap just looking for the profit.

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Old 01-22-2015, 07:31 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=321591990997

Got these for my moms Volkswagen, 2 for $2.84. LEDS are LEDS.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=321591990997

Got these for my moms Volkswagen, 2 for $2.84. LEDS are LEDS.

Welp, now I feel like I basically flushed $30 down the toilet to deal with a headache lol
Old 01-22-2015, 07:34 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Not to cause I mess lol but I would have returned them and bought 5 pairs on eBay for 10$. AM is great but truly do over price certain items. Like those damn taillight gap fillers for like 75$. It's a 6 inch piece of plastic. There was a forum about it a couple weeks ago.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:49 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I really hope this will get solved or AM will lose the reputation but I'm pretty sure Alex will come to the rescue he knows us better than anyone in AM.. GOOD LUCK MAN

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:51 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I really hope this will get solved or AM will lose the reputation but I'm pretty sure Alex will come to the rescue he knows us better than anyone in AM.. GOOD LUCK MAN
If you read his entire post, it is solved.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:42 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I see nothing wrong with AM taking steps to make sure they're not getting scammed. I don't know of any company taking your word for it for defective or damaged goods and just sending replacements without getting the previous stuff shipped back to them. Especially after 2 months.
When the new brakes arrived, OP should have sent the old ones back.

Did you call AM when your new brakes arrived and say " hey , got the new ones, I need to send the old ones to you"
Sure there's always a little glitch with trying to sort it out later because you're dealing with three separate departments, orders, shipping and returns.

Most companies will give you the "thanks for your business, however your needs would be better met by purchasing from xxxx company for your future needs". After several returns.

Publicly slamming them when the problem was born by you not returning sort of pricey items like you're supposed to isn't cool.
Guess who's name is flying around that company today and probably not associated with compliments?
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:08 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

So you expect him to keep his mouth shut when there is a problem? If AM did the same thing to be I would put their name out here, there, and everywhere else. AM has always been good to me but if something like that happened I would not hesitate to "bash" them.

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

Oh and I would care less about my name going around anywhere.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:33 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I had a similar problem two years ago with the gt500 spoiler. At one point I had three here because they kept forgetting to send the return labels with the next spoiler and were very relaxed about when they got returned, but I insisted that I get the return labels sent out right away to avoid a charge on my CC or having a similar problem. It all work out in the end and the return labels were promptly sent. Sometimes you have to force the issue or you can expect a CC charge or an account ban, in the end NEVER rely on word of mouth to get things done. Sorry to here about that Grabber.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:35 AM   #30
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
the next person that quotes the OP's entire page long post gets banned.

cool story but don't want to have to scroll through it again.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:40 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Hey AM was quick to send the OP new stuff on just his word! Why is it too much to ask that he be responsible and send back the stuff he was supposed to? This was 2 months he kept stuff he was supposed to send back!

And it wasn't damaged by AM in the first place..damaged in shipping. They stood by their product and process and got the OP new stuff asap.
Meanwhile, they're busy doing AM stuff and taking orders, shipping , whatever those mustang nuts do over there and it was OPs job to big boy panty up and send the broken toys back.

That's like borrowing my tools and expecting me to track you down to get them back after you're done with them and then getting pissed when I say you can't borrow any more until I get them back. Then you go tell all the neighbors what a d*** I am.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:04 AM   #32
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
GrabberBlue1993,

I'm Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with the replacement bulbs.

I can see that the Mustang Expert that you spoke to had a replacement shipped last night and it's "Out For Delivery" as we speak. In regards to the pads, I'll have your account "unblocked" immediately. I did shoot you over a PM on 10/10/14 and we also reached out via email a few times. Not a big deal, as it could have went to your spam/junk folder and every once in a while I miss a PM too. Things happen! Moving forward, shoot me over a PM to get this wrapped up if there's anything you feel like is still pending. Our team is super helpful, but I'm here to make sure that everything goes smooth. I can bend the rules when crap like this happens to make it right!

Hang in there... this is getting fixed right now! I'll have the returns team shoot you a new return label so we can get these back.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:21 AM   #33
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
They never said to send the dead bulbs back, they said keep them.
What needed to be returned was the brake pads, which after numerous attempts to get them returned every time I called they said just wait. Never said a thing for months after when I called and placed orders, and until now I had completely forgotten about them.
My account wasn't blocked when I placed a $500 order a few weeks ago. Only now when I needed something. I wasn't sent an e-mail, call, anything, wasn't even told when they were doing orders for me while on the phone placing them, they had my account open. They said nothing. But when I needed something due to a faulty product, that's when they say that? That is where I have an issue. I totally agree the pads need to be sent back, which is why I tried sending them back numerous times. 3 months later and a $70 pair of damaged brake pads in my garage are forgotten about when they say "hold onto them for now". Not like it was a procharger or wheel set. My issue is the fact that I was never informed of this block on my account or even asked to send them back when placing all these orders and spending all this $ with them.... only now when I ask for a replacement set of 29.99 LED's
GrabberBlue1993,

This was 100% my fault and a miscommunication between us as well as our returns team. I definitely said at one point for you to keep the brake pads as they were pretty "gooey" from shipping breaking open the included brake lubricant, right? I was then asked to contact you about having them sent back and I did shoot you a PM on 10/10/14 and our returns team emailed on the 17th and 25th of October as well. Sorry about this again! Could have just been rerouted to your spam/junk folder...

Quote:
I know it's easy to say afterwards but had Grabber documented every discussion with names and dates(obviously AM doesn't)...
Diehard, we do keep a record of all emails and PMs that we receive and send! There was likely an issue with our emails going into his junk or spam folder. Here's what was sent:

"24-Oct-2014 12:35:24 PM

Dear Brian,

RE: Order #

Hawk Performance HPS Brake Pads - Rear Pair (05-14 All)

This email is a follow-up to a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) we had approved for this order. We had shipped a replacement item to you on good faith that you would promptly return the original item you had received. Despite several reminders, we have not received that item. You are now responsible for the balance of the replacement order in the amount of $71.99.

Please call us at 866-727-1266 as soon as possible to settle the balance on your account. In order to serve you as quickly as possible, please reference order # when calling."

Quote:
Its just a classic example of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.
Kona,

This is exactly what had happened here. I'm going to speak with the Mustang Expert that took the call so he can see that I had sent the OP a PM asking for these back. It was a miscommunication on my end and I'm taking full responsibility for it!

Quote:
You know me all too well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post

You guys know that you can shoot me over a PM and I'll take care of you any time that there's a problem. I'm here to help and make sure that our friends here at MEVO get taken care of quickly and give you the best deals. Shoot me a message any time. You guys are on my VIP list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I see nothing wrong with AM taking steps to make sure they're not getting scammed. I don't know of any company taking your word for it for defective or damaged goods and just sending replacements without getting the previous stuff shipped back to them. Especially after 2 months.
When the new brakes arrived, OP should have sent the old ones back.

Did you call AM when your new brakes arrived and say " hey , got the new ones, I need to send the old ones to you"
Sure there's always a little glitch with trying to sort it out later because you're dealing with three separate departments, orders, shipping and returns.

Most companies will give you the "thanks for your business, however your needs would be better met by purchasing from xxxx company for your future needs". After several returns.

Publicly slamming them when the problem was born by you not returning sort of pricey items like you're supposed to isn't cool.
Guess who's name is flying around that company today and probably not associated with compliments?
Way,

Thanks for posting this up. Again this was my fault from the beginning as I had said to keep the pads. They were literally covered in lube that exploded while in transit

Hope this clears everything up guys. Give me a shout if there's anything you need!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 08:37 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Alex,

That's why you be the man. Stuff happens on a miscommunication but AM is awesome and Grabber thinks AM is awesome too. Since grabber doesn't want a procharger I'll take it on behalf of him. Ba ha ha ha.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:12 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I will also take a pro charger, lol thanks Alex.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang