Just wanted to say Bye. You will be missed. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2015, 05:30 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Why does everyone have to live in Florida or cali. I would take your vette challenge up in a heartbeat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2015, 05:33 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Why does everyone have to live in Florida or cali. I would take your vette challenge up in a heartbeat

come on out anytime. just make sure you have a roll cage and what not and other racing gear in your car or they won't let you on the track. I race in stage 3 races aka 750hp+ but 750 horsepower in a Corvette will perform like 850 and any other car
Old 01-25-2015, 05:35 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwwjr1681 View Post
come on out anytime. just make sure you have a roll cage and what not and other racing gear in your car or they won't let you on the track. I race in stage 3 races aka 750hp+ but 750 horsepower in a Corvette will perform like 850 and any other car
Lmao, I know what a vette can do. And I don't do 1/4 mile. So I don't need a cage

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #39
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
even in corners no Mustang will ever outperform of the vette not even the Shelby is just not possible because of the way the Corvette is designed and I'm talking both body shape and aerodynamics which plays in a lot at high speeds not to mention taking corners. a Corvette will pretty much stay glued to the road no matter what your horsepower and how fast your going lol
Thats debatable. There is a SN95 convertible Mustang that is beating prepped Ferraris and other super cars around tracks, owned by Bruce Griggs. Just takes the right suspension, aerodynamics can be fixed also. The style of the track also plays a big part. Also there has never been an official Nurburgring time posted by GM for the C7Z, most believe its because it can't do it consistently (heat soak from the supercharger). Everyone is comparing the GT350 and GT350R to the Z28, but i want to see how it stacks up against the C7Z, i think it'll do very well.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 01-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
even in corners no Mustang will ever outperform of the vette not even the Shelby is just not possible because of the way the Corvette is designed and I'm talking both body shape and aerodynamics which plays in a lot at high speeds not to mention taking corners. a Corvette will pretty much stay glued to the road no matter what your horsepower and how fast your going lol
Lol
Meet me or Andrew in 2 years.

The real... boss 227
Old 01-25-2015, 05:56 PM   #41
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Thats debatable. There is a SN95 convertible Mustang that is beating prepped Ferraris and other super cars around tracks, owned by Bruce Griggs. Just takes the right suspension, aerodynamics can be fixed also. The style of the track also plays a big part. Also there has never been an official Nurburgring time posted by GM for the C7Z, most believe its because it can't do it consistently (heat soak from the supercharger). Everyone is comparing the GT350 and GT350R to the Z28, but i want to see how it stacks up against the C7Z, i think it'll do very well.

The cobra R is quite competitive. Especially the 2000 variant. I've watched them out preform many performance cars, with little to no mods. And a lightly boosted one was keeping up with a Carrera GT on a race track. Having the privilege of driving one on the track was an awesome experience. The car handled phenomenally and power band is very smooth, plus the car was extremely planted. The brakes are excellent and the trans just stunning. Truly fords best mustang I've driven. Which I'm thinking the 350R might take the crown. Waiting to drive one to find out...

After all is said and done, more is said than done...
Old 01-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #42
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
The cobra R is quite competitive. Especially the 2000 variant. I've watched them out preform many performance cars, with little to no mods. And a lightly boosted one was keeping up with a Carrera GT on a race track. Having the privilege of driving one on the track was an awesome experience. The car handled phenomenally and power band is very smooth, plus the car was extremely planted. The brakes are excellent and the trans just stunning. Truly fords best mustang I've driven. Which I'm thinking the 350R might take the crown. Waiting to drive one to find out...

The GT350R will definitely take the crown. There are videos of it going around the 'Ring and it looks like its handling amazingly. Supposedly it did a 7:32, but Ford has not yet confirmed it, and some of the videos out looks like there was heavy overcast that day so it isn't all too much to think parts of the track might have been a little damp. Still nothing confirmed yet, its all hearsay.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 01-25-2015, 06:17 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
This thread really blew up...lol..I currently own an 08 GT and a 12 Boss. As much as I love my 08 it has no chance in hell against the Coyote. The reason I still have my 08GT is I refuse to give that car away for what they are going for now. That car brought me a lot of joy and I like the way the 08's look so I decided to keep it. My son is 12 so the 08 will be his in a few years. However I would take the 4.6 over a V6 any day and it is a good motor but the Coyote is better in all aspects. I don't know why people get so sensitive about this the new cars are also better than the old classics too but they are still cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 01-25-2015, 06:36 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
A Coyote is superior in every way over a 3V. The 2010 cars are considered the bastard child since it has the looks of a 2011-2012 cars but the under powered 3V. Who cares if you can tune it but return to stock should a problem arise?
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Old 01-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Much rather take the 5.0!

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Old 01-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
This thread really blew up...lol..I currently own an 08 GT and a 12 Boss. As much as I love my 08 it has no chance in hell against the Coyote. The reason I still have my 08GT is I refuse to give that car away for what they are going for now. That car brought me a lot of joy and I like the way the 08's look so I decided to keep it. My son is 12 so the 08 will be his in a few years. However I would take the 4.6 over a V6 any day and it is a good motor but the Coyote is better in all aspects. I don't know why people get so sensitive about this the new cars are also better than the old classics too but they are still cool.

You might find it hard to believe but criticizing or even stating that their cars performance is dated can be incredibly insulting. People take it very personally; their car is their baby. In some places insulting someone's car is like insulting their mother or their wife. Like my car, I know a coyote has more potential than mine but I'm not selling my car for a coyote, ever. In my eyes it would be a down grade.
On a side note don't come to southern KY and state the new cars are better than the classics, it won't end well.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Love the sound of the 4.6, but its out of its league when compared to a coyote.

I'll also take my 3.7 over a 4.6 any day, but in no way am I hating on that motor. All that matters is if the op is happy with his new ride.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 01-25-2015, 07:01 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You might find it hard to believe but criticizing or even stating that their cars performance is dated can be incredibly insulting. People take it very personally; their car is their baby. In some places insulting someone's car is like insulting their mother or their wife. Like my car, I know a coyote has more potential than mine but I'm not selling my car for a coyote, ever. In my eyes it would be a down grade.
On a side note don't come to southern KY and state the new cars are better than the classics, it won't end well.

I think its ridiculous to get insulted over the performance being dated it's called progress. Just like a P-51 Mustang does not have a chance against an F-14 and a F35 is superior to both. I've owned classic muscle cars and this new crop will run circles around them with the A/C blasting and getting 20 MPG. I had a 68 firebird with a 455 and let me tell you driving that beast on a winding road could be a hair raising experience!

Old 01-25-2015, 07:08 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
The way I see it

Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:10 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Just wanted to say Bye. You will be missed.

[QUOTE=Diehard;2162036][/

Old 01-25-2015, 07:11 PM   #51
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

I think its ridiculous to get insulted over the performance being dated it's called progress. Just like a P-51 Mustang does not have a chance against an F-14 and a F35 is superior to both. I've owned classic muscle cars and this new crop will run circles around them with the A/C blasting and getting 20 MPG. I had a 68 firebird with a 455 and let me tell you driving that beast on a winding road could be a hair raising experience!

I know about classics I own 3 currently. The new ones are better, but people love what they love. I live in bow tie country and even saying something about Chevys would result in getting your *** kicked. They are passionate about their cars and they don't want to hear criticism about their cars. They take it personally.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:20 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Now that's kinda gay you probably drive a V6 and voted for Obama didn't you?

Well it amused me.
I drive a V6 and a V8 (not at the same time) and I didn't vote for that guy. So does that make me a macho man?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:28 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Well it amused me.

I drive a V6 and a V8 (not at the same time) and I didn't vote that that guy. So does that make me a macho man?

Don't know...but fuzzy bunnies are not going to bring peace!

Old 01-25-2015, 07:30 PM   #54
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Don't know...but fuzzy bunnies are not going to bring peace!

What are talking about thumper is going to be the next president! Well when that one guy leaves, what was his name, hmmm. Oh I know! dumbass.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:33 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What are talking about thumper is going to be the next president! Well when that one guy leaves, what was his name, hmmm. Oh I know! dumbass.

So that's Hillary's nickname now "Thumper"....

Old 01-25-2015, 07:34 PM   #56
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
So that's Hillary's nickname now "Thumper"....

No, it's dumbass female variant...

Old 01-25-2015, 07:53 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Wow This really BLEW up. All I was trying to say with the OP was I could not be happier that I finally got back into a V8 from a V6. Yes sound was a very large part of that.

I live in Orlando FL. We are turning into a mini NYC. You have no wide open road here like areas of Cali. No where to go actually notice a difference between the 4.6 and 5.0, besides a track. I have a full on track car for that.

I am 505 HP thats all I need here. Yes the Coyote has more potential. Point taken. But with the power this car has? I think I am set. Its a Daily Driver. Having anything over 500 HP in Orlando is truly pointless on the streets. I was not trying to start a war between the two motors. Bottom line I got a stella deal on this ride. Its 505hp which is all I need. So unless anyone here is going to go out and buy me a Coyote? Get off my back all right?

I hope a MOD reads this. The flames in this thread are out of control. Stick a fork in it fast. Its done.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:02 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Nice looking car and you got a good deal. I had an 06gt premium vert and loved the 4.6 with the 5spd automatic with 3.31 gears. Enjoy your car and dont forget the v6 crew, drop us a line here and there lol.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Nice looking car and you got a good deal. I had an 06gt premium vert and loved the 4.6 with the 5spd automatic with 3.31 gears. Enjoy your car and dont forget the v6 crew, drop us a line here and there lol.
TY! I mean seriously. I got a good deal and I stated my reasons why I chose to make the deal. I was 3k underwater on my V6. I paid 23,526 out the door including the ford ESP Premium(cost $3k). This was a steal for a 2010 Mustang GT Premium with only 42k miles and its already suped up!

So unless you are going to buy me something better? Lay off with some of the comments.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:28 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Yep gotta buy what you like. I catch all kinda bull from my buddies about me having a 3.7. Ive owned several mustangs throughout the years but have all been v8's.(had a 98v6) 2010gt is a great looking car inside and out.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:31 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Now that's kinda gay you probably drive a V6 and voted for Obama didn't you?

Dude this guy drives a charger r/t and a Mustang, I know cos I met this guy and he drives his r/t as a beater.. Badass dude.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Dude this guy drives a charger r/t and a Mustang, I know cos I met this guy and he drives his r/t as a beater.. Badass dude.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.

I was just kidding....when he posted Thumper....I said some mean things

Old 01-25-2015, 08:50 PM   #63
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
TY! I mean seriously. I got a good deal and I stated my reasons why I chose to make the deal. I was 3k underwater on my V6. I paid 23,526 out the door including the ford ESP Premium(cost $3k). This was a steal for a 2010 Mustang GT Premium with only 42k miles and its already suped up!

So unless you are going to buy me something better? Lay off with some of the comments.

So it's a forced induction car? That's the only way steeda got it to 505 hp. What kinda blower you got?

Old 01-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #64
Road Trip!

I've never seen ford do a esp on a used car with a blower. Is it a serialized steeda vehicle?

Old 01-25-2015, 08:55 PM   #65
Road Trip!

It doesn't look there is anything from steeda on the car from your pics. And serialized vehicles have noticeable exterior mods. If there is a blower on the car, once ford finds out your esp warranty will be toast if it's not a serialized car. And if it's not a f/I car, there's no way in hell it's making 505 hp.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:57 PM   #66
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
It doesn't look there is anything from steeda on the car from your pics. And serialized vehicles have noticeable exterior mods. If there is a blower on the car, once ford finds out your esp warranty will be toast if it's not a serialized car. And if it's not a f/I car, there's no way in hell it's making 505 hp.

I could see it making 505 N/A.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:59 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I could see it making 505 N/A.

Not likely.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:01 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Its supercharged. Anyway I am done egging this on. This thread was meant to be a happy moment and it turned into this crap. Im done
Old 01-25-2015, 09:02 PM   #69
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Not likely. Please explain.

Ok well this thread just got done with a flame war, so let's avoid another ok.
There's two possibility it could be on giggle gas and have forged internals or a fully built engine. With either it's possible.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Its supercharged

Ok I stand corrected...

Old 01-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok well this thread just got done with a flame war, so let's avoid another ok.
There's two possibility it could be on giggle gas and have forged internals or a fully built engine. With either it's possible.

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Ok I stand corrected...

There is no war whatsoever, Mikeyt03 made some good points. There is no need to get defensive, its just a discussion. Sorry if you took offence, it was not my intent.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang