MCA cars - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2015, 03:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: little rock
Region: Alaska
Posts: 27
MCA cars

Hey all, I'm just trying to figure out how many mca cars there are compared to the non-mca cars. Does anyone know, or know where I can find it? Also I saw you can order a VIN number certificate for your car I'm just not sure it's worth the 45+10 dollar shipping. If anyone can shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.
CFYA2818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-25-2015, 03:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Topeka
Region: Kansas
Posts: 179
I would be interested in knowing this also. I have an MCA car. One thing I notices is the MCA package is the same price as the Pony package. They are interchangeable. When you order one it deletes package features of the other. Both were the same price. Yet when looking in the Kelley Blue Book or NADA book, there is no allowance for the MCA package. They are worth less on the used car market.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
I do know that my MCoA with the Performance Package is 1 of 42 SGM built in 2013 with a Manual Trans, it is also #774 of 1788 Coupes and 166 of 410 built in Sterling Gray Metallic.
That is just 3 things that I got from the MCoA Certificate and the associated paperwork.
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: North Reading
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
I would be interested in knowing this also. I have an MCA car. One thing I notices is the MCA package is the same price as the Pony package. They are interchangeable. When you order one it deletes package features of the other. Both were the same price. Yet when looking in the Kelley Blue Book or NADA book, there is no allowance for the MCA package. They are worth less on the used car market.
Are you saying that the Pony Package is included in the NADA breakdown and adds value? Whereas the MCA isn't mentioned? At that point I'd bet it depends on the potential buyer and what they prefer. Apparently there are a lot more Pony Packages than there are MCA's.
In addition to 2011 having a total of 2455 I found the attached stuff that shows 2012 at 3443 MCA's. (2011 was the first year for them and I believe it had the lowest numbers that year.)
Mustang_(2012)[1] copy.pdf
__________________
____________________________________________________
14 V6 auto, MCA, PP, BBK Shorties, MMD Hood Struts, Borla Touring A/B's, MAC ProChamber, aFe drop-in Filter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewGuy View Post
I would be interested in knowing this also. I have an MCA car. One thing I notices is the MCA package is the same price as the Pony package. They are interchangeable. When you order one it deletes package features of the other. Both were the same price. Yet when looking in the Kelley Blue Book or NADA book, there is no allowance for the MCA package. They are worth less on the used car market.
NADA Black Book does have the MCoA Package listed.
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pony_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 326
I have the MCA package with the 6spd in sterling grey too, without the performance pack sadly but with optional 3.31 gears. Great looking car! Only available on a premium if I remember correctly... Where can you get that certificate? I'd like to know similar stuff!


You know that warm and fuzzy feeling? That means something bad is about to happen...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
You can get it from here Ford MCA Certificate
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bear376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stillwater
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
The big thing with the 2013 MCA package is the grill like the California Specials and the Sterling Grey wheels. It has many other features, but to me, that made the difference. If you order the MCA certificate, you get a full breakdown of that year's production. It should also add value to the resale if you have the certification. The MCA pkg is a limited edition, like the Bullitt or Mach 1. The Pony pkg may cost the same, but does not have the same meaning.
__________________
2013 MCA Edition-Sterling Grey
Roush body kit - Splitters/hood scoop
Whiteline suspension w/Koni shocks
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:49 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
b2673ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mt Pleasant
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 427
Hello

There a website listing all the mustangs sold by type and color.

I think my 2011 convertible MCA Edition in black was one of 65. I need to find the website again and I will post here.
__________________
Kevin C.

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Topeka
Region: Kansas
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Are you saying that the Pony Package is included in the NADA breakdown and adds value? Whereas the MCA isn't mentioned? At that point I'd bet it depends on the potential buyer and what they prefer. Apparently there are a lot more Pony Packages than there are MCA's.
In addition to 2011 having a total of 2455 I found the attached stuff that shows 2012 at 3443 MCA's. (2011 was the first year for them and I believe it had the lowest numbers that year.)
Attachment 174260
That is exactly what I am saying.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bonsai_Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cave Creek
Region: Arizona
Posts: 40
Anyone looking to sell your club America grille? I have the pony package and can trade of just buy MCA if selling. Let me know. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bonsai_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:11 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular
 
tym_v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Suck it, Goodell
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,340
I also got the certificate and build breakdown for my 2013 MCA...like someone said, they're special edition cars, so I wonder if they'll hold more value to collectors way down the road. At least that's what I tell myself...LOL.

And yes, the only reason I got the MCA was for the badass grille.
__________________
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lyon, France
Region: California
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
I also got the certificate and build breakdown for my 2013 MCA...like someone said, they're special edition cars, so I wonder if they'll hold more value to collectors way down the road. At least that's what I tell myself...LOL.

And yes, the only reason I got the MCA was for the badass grille.
I am also convinced that it could bring added value and significantly facilitate a sale to get the certificate. By the way, I like the quality of this certificate and all the statistics about production by colors, engine, body, features...
Mine, is UNIQUE convertible mca 2012 sterling grey with medium stone leather interior, which was a rwal good surprise! Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1425696706335.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	507.2 KB
ID:	176855Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1425696799236.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	176857
laslobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:23 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Topeka
Region: Kansas
Posts: 179
2014 MUSTANG V6 Coupe 61,480 out of that body style:

50,875 came with 6-Speed Select Shift Automatic Transmission.
7,685 came with Oxford White exterior paint color.
61,480 came with a 3.7L 4V TI-VCT V6 Engine.
10,107 came with the Comfort Package.
2,398 came with the rapid spec 203A.
BrewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:23 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bear376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stillwater
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
Unfortunately, it is hard to get a good idea of exactly how many unique MCA models are out there. They give a good breakdown, but after color, convertible/coupe, it is all statistics. The odds are that only two cars were produced with the same options as mine, but I have no way to know for certain. Maybe in the future they will have an app that can check the data base.
__________________
2013 MCA Edition-Sterling Grey
Roush body kit - Splitters/hood scoop
Whiteline suspension w/Koni shocks
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
I do know that mine is 1 of 52 SGM that came with the Performance Package and at least one more is optioned the same (dealership mine came from ordered identical car). With only 2 options not on mine it has to be somewhat rare.
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:12 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Hmm...I'll have to figure out where my MCA falls in the mix. If I can anyway. I've been planning on getting one of those Ford racing certificates eventually. I hoping there's not to many of any optioned like mines out there but at this point the only way to tell mines is a MCA is by the side stripes.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:31 AM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lyon, France
Region: California
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
Unfortunately, it is hard to get a good idea of exactly how many unique MCA models are out there. They give a good breakdown, but after color, convertible/coupe, it is all statistics. The odds are that only two cars were produced with the same options as mine, but I have no way to know for certain. Maybe in the future they will have an app that can check the data base.
Hi, I don't get your point. What is not crystal clear in these documents? You have a breakdown by engine, colors, interior, bodys, equipments...
laslobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by laslobal View Post
Hi, I don't get your point. What is not crystal clear in these documents? You have a breakdown by engine, colors, interior, bodys, equipments...
It still does not say how many were made with all the options on a certain vehicle. It basically just says the options, but not combined.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:20 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
I don't think that the MCA package will be as valuable as some people on here thinks. If they had built 100 cars, all the same options, then you would have a limited edition vehicle. The MCAs either were ordered by the dealer or were ordered for a customer. So in essence, the market determined on the number of vehicles with the MCA package produced.

The Warrior Edition is an example of a Limited Edition Mustang. Only 50 were produced and were sold exclusively to military personnel serving overseas. The cars came in both the V6 and GT trim packages. They were offered with both an automatic and 6-speed transmission in Deep Impact Blue, Black and Silver. Ford added the FP8 appearance package, upgraded Ford Racing Handling Package and Raxiom smoked head and fog lights. Most purchasers didn't see their cars for several months as they chose not to have them shipped overseas.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:54 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lyon, France
Region: California
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
I don't think that the MCA package will be as valuable as some people on here thinks. If they had built 100 cars, all the same options, then you would have a limited edition vehicle. The MCAs either were ordered by the dealer or were ordered for a customer. So in essence, the market determined on the number of vehicles with the MCA package produced.

The Warrior Edition is an example of a Limited Edition Mustang. Only 50 were produced and were sold exclusively to military personnel serving overseas. The cars came in both the V6 and GT trim packages. They were offered with both an automatic and 6-speed transmission in Deep Impact Blue, Black and Silver. Ford added the FP8 appearance package, upgraded Ford Racing Handling Package and Raxiom smoked head and fog lights. Most purchasers didn't see their cars for several months as they chose not to have them shipped overseas.
Maybe you're right...or wrong. Nobody knows. Passion and reason don't match sometimes. This is just a great car and a great edition for some Mustang owners.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1425783040630.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	176941
laslobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:08 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
b2673ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mt Pleasant
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 427
http://racing.ford.com/enthusiasts/c...tion/2011.html
__________________
Kevin C.

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
b2673ad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mt Pleasant
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 427
Hello

So my car is 1 of 65.
__________________
Kevin C.

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lyon, France
Region: California
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2673ad View Post
Hello

So my car is 1 of 65.
And did you see how many have the same interior color on the production data?
laslobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:18 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bear376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stillwater
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by laslobal View Post
Hi, I don't get your point. What is not crystal clear in these documents? You have a breakdown by engine, colors, interior, bodys, equipments...
If you know that 246 coupes were made in performance white in 2013, but only 187 of all colors had the leather stone interior. Now, if 33 of the stone interiors were in performance white, then you have 13% odds. If you have the slide sun roof, only 30 cars have that in white, you have 12% odds. So, if you have the sunroof and stone interior, statistics say that only 4 cars have that combination. Doing similar calculations on all options, you could reduce the odds to say that no car has your unique option.......statistically. But who is to say that all of the 30 sunroofs did not come with stone interiors? According to statistics, I have the only MCA with certain options, but I know that is false, because the dealer liked mine so much, he duplicated the order for another car.

And future value is subjective. If in mint condition and not modified, it might be worth money in 10 years, but probably very little more than any other Mustang of that year. I've known Shelby owner scared to put their cars on the street for fear it would reduce the value. With the MCA models, people can enjoy their cars at all times. And do not have to get puckered up when they want to modify it. There were almost as many black 2013 GT500s (1750) as the total number of MCA coupes (1768). There were only 2 black MCA mustangs total.
__________________
2013 MCA Edition-Sterling Grey
Roush body kit - Splitters/hood scoop
Whiteline suspension w/Koni shocks
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:18 AM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lyon, France
Region: California
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear376 View Post
If you know that 246 coupes were made in performance white in 2013, but only 187 of all colors had the leather stone interior. Now, if 33 of the stone interiors were in performance white, then you have 13% odds. If you have the slide sun roof, only 30 cars have that in white, you have 12% odds. So, if you have the sunroof and stone interior, statistics say that only 4 cars have that combination. Doing similar calculations on all options, you could reduce the odds to say that no car has your unique option.......statistically. But who is to say that all of the 30 sunroofs did not come with stone interiors? According to statistics, I have the only MCA with certain options, but I know that is false, because the dealer liked mine so much, he duplicated the order for another car.

And future value is subjective. If in mint condition and not modified, it might be worth money in 10 years, but probably very little more than any other Mustang of that year. I've known Shelby owner scared to put their cars on the street for fear it would reduce the value. With the MCA models, people can enjoy their cars at all times. And do not have to get puckered up when they want to modify it. There were almost as many black 2013 GT500s (1750) as the total number of MCA coupes (1768). There were only 2 black MCA mustangs total.
Cristal clear. Brillant demonstration, thanks!
laslobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are today's economy cars faster than yesterday's muscle cars? Why? Jacobo General Car Discussion 2 07-19-2011 07:36 AM
Y do ppl like american cars better than japeneses cars...? primo General Car Discussion 9 04-11-2010 03:15 AM
What kind of cars are better old american muscle or new cars? lise General Car Discussion 3 03-30-2010 06:33 PM
2003 MCA Grandnational show pictures fast64 Mustang Audio & Video 0 01-25-2004 08:51 PM
MCA grand national pics!! DUW fast64 The Bar 30 09-09-2003 11:12 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:51 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.