2014 v6 mustang next mod - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:04 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2014 v6 mustang next mod

hi everyone ... this will be my last week in Michigan before I go back to Cali and see my sweet little v6 lol any thoughts on upcoming mods? I'm thinking procharger, but then how often am I really gonna use it? (daily driver here). went to the Detroit auto show and that 16gt looks mean.... similar to nsx and te corvette... Cadillac had some sweet sedans too... I can post pics for those who'd like to c

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2015, 09:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If I were in your shoes.........there are some fantastic roads in Cali. I'd be finishing out the suspension with some lowering springs, shocks, PHB, strut tower brace, and maybe some lower control arms and relocation brackets.
steviedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:26 AM   #3
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
hi everyone ... this will be my last week in Michigan before I go back to Cali and see my sweet little v6 lol any thoughts on upcoming mods? I'm thinking procharger, but then how often am I really gonna use it? (daily driver here). went to the Detroit auto show and that 16gt looks mean.... similar to nsx and te corvette... Cadillac had some sweet sedans too... I can post pics for those who'd like to c
Hey Elkorita ,

Personally, if you are leaning towards boost, I say bite the bullet and go for it!

I love the Procharger High Output Intercooled Supercharger on the 3.7.

They make awesome power, sound great, and look great glistening under your hood.

Let me know if you have any other questions or are thinking about going a different direction.

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2015, 02:14 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWill View Post
Hey Elkorita ,

Personally, if you are leaning towards boost, I say bite the bullet and go for it!

I love the Procharger High Output Intercooled Supercharger on the 3.7.

They make awesome power, sound great, and look great glistening under your hood.

Let me know if you have any other questions or are thinking about going a different direction.

-Will
Im starting to think some one here works on a commision....

Personally, I know two people who have after market turbos. They are nice very nice...but keep in mind for a DD there might be some headaches to deal with.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I got a good chuckle out of that. I always think of that.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Personally, I know two people who have after market turbos. They are nice very nice...but keep in mind for a DD there might be some headaches to deal with.

u mean like wear and tear for dd?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit, Bbk shorty ceramic tuned headers
Old 01-26-2015, 05:38 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
u mean like wear and tear for dd?

It just seems like they are always messing around with them. I dont know maybe I dont know what Im talking about, but it just seems like in the wrong hands it might be a hassle.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
While you're waiting to decide between turbo or PC, build up your suspension and get a 1 piece aluminum drive shaft .
You will need all that anyway , so get it now while you learn research and decide

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 01-26-2015, 08:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
While you're waiting to decide between turbo or PC, build up your suspension and get a 1 piece aluminum drive shaft .
You will need all that anyway , so get it now while you learn research and decide

I guess the only "suspension" mod that I have are the anti roll sway bars. I don't have anything else: control arms, one piece driveshaft, lower springs, etc... I think I enjoy the ride as it currently is. how much will a suspension "kit" run me?

Old 01-26-2015, 11:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Depends how far into it you wanna go... Springs, shocks,struts, pan hard bar, like $750
C&C plates 300 , LCAs 100-150, relocation brackets 120, strut tower brace can be on sale 69 sometimes

Old 01-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #11

Region: Indiana
I would personally go with upgrading gears and install a one piece drive shaft. Especially for a daily driver this will make your car more fun to drive around town. Plus, installing a one piece drive shaft would be beneficial especially if you decide to throw a procharger on.
Jasmine66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:01 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

question: I already have the eibach sway bars installed... if I add a panhand bar, front strut brace, and lowering springs would that be enough to notice an increase in handling? also for those who have the springs, how's the ride comfort? I actually enjoy the height where car is at

Old 01-29-2015, 08:21 AM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
question: I already have the eibach sway bars installed... if I add a panhand bar, front strut brace, and lowering springs would that be enough to notice an increase in handling? also for those who have the springs, how's the ride comfort? I actually enjoy the height where car is at

I havent done many suspension mods, really only lowering springs and strut tower brace. The lowering springs will be a big improvement for sure, cant believe you havent done this yet...but for me the big thing was the strut tower brace. It really tightened the car up a lot. It gets rid of a lot of the front end wanting to bounce around.

Some people go crazy with their suspension mods and some dont. I didnt, but I love the way my car handles and drives. Its nothing to crazy since my car is a DD. I recommend the Eibach Pro kit.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I havent done many suspension mods, really only lowering springs and strut tower brace. The lowering springs will be a big improvement for sure, cant believe you havent done this yet...but for me the big thing was the strut tower brace. It really tightened the car up a lot. It gets rid of a lot of the front end wanting to bounce around.

Some people go crazy with their suspension mods and some dont. I didnt, but I love the way my car handles and drives. Its nothing to crazy since my car is a DD. I recommend the Eibach Pro kit.

yo so cal stang can I try riding the car prior to buying? I'd love to see how it handles

Old 01-30-2015, 09:14 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
I guess the only "suspension" mod that I have are the anti roll sway bars. I don't have anything else: control arms, one piece driveshaft, lower springs, etc... I think I enjoy the ride as it currently is. how much will a suspension "kit" run me?

+1 for this.. I agree that you should start building your Suspension and go with 1 piece DS.
AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Firstang001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
v6 mustang