Mustang Rookie - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:15 AM   #1

Region: Asia
Question Mustang Rookie

Hey guys im form Asia so my English isnt that good
and also i might get a 2013 v6 mustang for my 20 birth

so i would like to know about some stuff about Mustang

1.if i want my 13 v6 look like shelby can i just change the emblem on the grilles or i have to change the grilles

2.where can i get the cobra emblem on the trunk?
all i know is americanmuscle.com

3.what brand and type of engine oil is better for mustang someone told me that i can use 10W40 what u guys recommend

4.i want to change a lower springs what brand u guys recommend the road here is more bump then US i want my car be cozy i dont really drive fast so i just want my car look nice and low

5.ive watch some video on youtube for the setup of the exhaust i like this exhaust system i want my car be bad *** loud isnt there louder setup? and dont sound like **** i want it sound low
and loud

thx for helping ill keep learning for more ill be appreciate for all the answer
david.xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Only thing I can say is don't make it look like a Shelby if it's not a Shelby. Also it's a lot more than just emblems IF you were going to do that. Shelbys have certain paint colors, different grill, sound way different, different front end, different lights in the front, different tired and rims and I'm sure a lot more. Then in the end it will show when you are getting beat by 5.0s and other cars because you have a 6 under the hood. As far as suspension I do not know much so I can't say

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Chaz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz12 View Post
Only thing I can say is don't make it look like a Shelby if it's not a Shelby. Also it's a lot more than just emblems IF you were going to do that. Shelbys have certain paint colors, different grill, sound way different, different front end, different lights in the front, different tired and rims and I'm sure a lot more. Then in the end it will show when you are getting beat by 5.0s and other cars because you have a 6 under the hood. As far as suspension I do not know much so I can't say

thx a lot to reply me i know theres a lot different but even a pony in my country
is still rare and i do like shelby but its way more expensive and its waste more gas so thats why i want it look like a shelby but its okay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2015, 03:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
No you don't want to be a poser, stick of what you got 3.7 Mustang is no joke if you modded it nicely it will compensate of what you are looking for. What country you from? The reason why I asked is I'm from the Philippines.

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
You will find a lot of the stuff your looking for in the American Muscle website! Good Luck with your Mustang!

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #6
Kevin.Cook

American Muscle and Ebay have just about everything you can think of as far as mods. I would not recommend posing, but if you just want some of the nicer features a Shelby has but stay true to the 3.7L. Then you can get a Shelby GT500 spoiler, maybe a different chin splitter in the front, and the rims.

Please do not change the badges. With a good amount of bolt-ons, you should be able to easily compete with stock to lightly modded GTs.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #7

thx for all u guys reply
i live in Taiwan
and ill just start form the engine oil and the lower springs
can someone recommend me of these
Old 01-26-2015, 05:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Just use 5W 30, the thicker oil is not needed in this motor.
How low do you want it? Check at American Muscle, CJ Pony Parts and Steeda, they all have springs, if you go real low you might want to think about changing the shocks and struts.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Maybe only us Americans are hung up on the "poser" thing. Who really cares? Its your car do what you want. If others dont like it,them screw them. Tell them to pay for your car then...Are peoples lives so void of any kind of fun that this is all they worry about?
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I would think its not only America. It's like pretending to be a doctor to look cool and look like you have money but you put no money, work, or time in actually becoming a doctor. It's just a simple fact of being a poser.

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripes, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" Tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted quarter windows, all lights tinted
Old 01-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.xxx View Post
Hey guys im form Asia so my English isnt that good
and also i might get a 2013 v6 mustang for my 20 birth

so i would like to know about some stuff about Mustang

1.if i want my 13 v6 look like shelby can i just change the emblem on the grilles or i have to change the grilles

2.where can i get the cobra emblem on the trunk?
all i know is americanmuscle.com

3.what brand and type of engine oil is better for mustang someone told me that i can use 10W40 what u guys recommend

4.i want to change a lower springs what brand u guys recommend the road here is more bump then US i want my car be cozy i dont really drive fast so i just want my car look nice and low

5.ive watch some video on youtube for the setup of the exhaust i like this exhaust system i want my car be bad *** loud isnt there louder setup? and dont sound like **** i want it sound low
and loud

thx for helping ill keep learning for more ill be appreciate for all the answer
Their are plenty of people who stripe their cars GT 500 style, its when you start badging it as a GT 500 is when your going to anger the mustang gods. As for lowering your car if you live in an area where the roads are pretty crap you might want to re consider it. I've lowered with SR springs, 1.5" all around with an adjustable pan hard bar and the ride quality is still very good for a daily driver, but its still a little stiffer than stock, keep that in mind.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I have had GT 500 stripes on both of my mustangs. I love how they look. I'm just saying to look like a Shelby with badges and other such items. Not including just stripes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang