Hawlp Pleashh (Warranty and Build) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:31 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Hawlp Pleashh (Warranty and Build)

First off hello ive been stalking forums since November and decided too quit creepin and join but too the OP

Recently got my 2013 Cyclone and i have about 700$ in cash saved up i want too do a full exhaust (i have headers waiting for me later) but im not sure how the whole
Warranty voiding works because my cousins is different and from what the dealer was saying if i customize anything it voids the warranty on everything but im pretty sure he was just saying that

2. I want too be at 310-330 RWHP N/A soo what build or what parts do you guys recommend for this and its a DD P.S whats a good off r H Pipe too use

~~~ Sincerely New Guy on the block

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolutions ~ Stawk
3Point7 HTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
First things first welcome!
Second is talk with your local dealer to see where they stand on mods, some are more lenient than others. If your goal is 300+ wrhp your going to be tuning at the very least and that alone can give you warranty headaches.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I Know a Tune is needed im not familiar with the ECU Computer on the 3.7's because my cuzins 06 GT he can de tune his with a full exhaust an pass and ive heard storys of just taking the OR pipe off and go pass and then putting it back on

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2015, 12:19 PM   #4
Kevin.Cook

I actually contacted my local Ford dealer awhile back about mods. Unless the mod is directly related to the issue, then it will not void anything. Like if you install a CAI but your power window stops working, then the CAI will not be a part of it. Here is a screenshot of my conversation.

Hope this helps. And remember, you are entitled to multiple opinions. So if 1 dealer says no, take it to another.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0261.PNG
Views:	65
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	174301  
Old 01-26-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Welcome!!

I deal with a pretty strict dealer so one day I decided to talk with them about mods. They were actually pretty cool about it. They told me they wont void the warranty on the tranny if I put on headers...they even thought that was silly. If I do a tune and then blow the motor because of a lean condition, now thats a different story.

Exhaust mods will almost never void the warranty.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yea most i can really do is headers theres no mass production of cams or anything else besides FI and thanx guys now i just gotta keep saving 😭😭😭 now for build opinions

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang