Window tint - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #36
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Why do so many of the police vehicles have heavy tinting?

Laws for thee and not for me.

They don't want us to see them eating donuts and surfing facebook on their vehicle mounted laptops paid for by us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2015, 01:45 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
No I'm not kidding. I'm extremely sensitive to light

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Same here. Always had problems at the dentist as a kid

alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

I think it's funny how people form opinions on how a law enforcement officer should act or feel when they have never been in their shoes.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2015, 03:32 PM   #39
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

Maybe people have grown tired of bending to the will of beauracrats passing laws with which they don't agree.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
Maybe people have grown tired of bending to the will of beauracrats passing laws with which they don't agree.

Cops don't make the laws. Go out and vote... They are men and women doing a job which they are rarely thanked for. They also see some of the worst sides of human beings and disturbing crime scenes. They are there when any person calls for help and also are out serving the public during natural disasters leaving their own families without them.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 03:49 PM   #41
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular

I'm quite aware and dealt with LE on a weekly basis in my old position (from local agencies to state investigations bureaus, FBI, and secret service on occasions). They don't make the laws, but they can choose what to enforce. A window tint ticket is the frustrating result of them having PC to stop someone and finding nothing. They don't want the time to have been wasted so they give a ticket. None of the scenarios you listed even compares to having window tint that is too dark.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:03 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Why do so many of the police vehicles have heavy tinting?
you're right, but atleast here in NJ, the cop cars abide by the law and don't tint their front windows at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I'm not against window tinting; I have the allowed legal tint for my front and back side windows. I'm also respectful to the law. In the few times I've been pulled over, I've always rolled down the windows, and placed my hands on the steering wheel. As the officer approached, they saw this; one even thanked me for being curtious, checked my license and registration and sent me on my way.

I'm not desputing good cop/bad cop issues, only respecting laws that are intended to protect every one. IMO, too dark of a tint that does not allow someone to see into a vehicle has a valid point to restrict it, unless there are medical reasons for its need. And those that abuse this medical privelege (you know who you are) potentially ruin it for those who are in real need for it.

Lets not get me started on the handicap parking permits.
we're on the same page for the most part; i'm respectful of the law too. i just find it incredibly stupid that in NJ, you cannot get ANY tint legally put on your front windows, whereas you can in many other states. it's a ridiculous, stupid law. yeah, i'm not disputing laws that say you can only have a certain % tinted, idc about that. what i'm saying is stupid is the fact that my dumbass state bans ANY % of tint on front windows all together.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:32 AM   #43
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
Same here. Always had problems at the dentist as a kid

Just so you know when the Doctor was saying "open wider" he was talking about your mouth NOT your eyes........
Old 01-31-2015, 10:40 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Window tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Just so you know when the Doctor was saying "open wider" he was talking about your mouth NOT your eyes........

True. But I wasn't being sarcastic. I meant even with my eyes closed the light would still bother me out of normality.

And they are dentist not doctors.

alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:38 PM   #45

Region: Maryland
Depending on the state, some tint % that is legal to get (35%) makes it pointless to get it IMO. Having the sun beaming on me irritates so I went with 5%.
ImpactStng13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:40 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactStng13 View Post
Depending on the state, some tint % that is legal to get (35%) makes it pointless to get it IMO. Having the sun beaming on me irritates so I went with 5%.

Same here I have 5%

WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:40 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
For all of you Tinted Whiners, try using 3M™ Crystalline Automotive Films. They are clear and you won't get stopped for Tinted Windows and they will reduce the amount of heat in your car.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:15 PM   #48
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
For all of you Tinted Whiners, try using 3M™ Crystalline Automotive Films. They are clear and you won't get stopped for Tinted Windows and they will reduce the amount of heat in your car.

I used that on my windshield. Good stuff!

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:14 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I just got mine tinted in Illinois and went with 35% all around and 5% on the windshield strip.

I wish I went darker (like 20%), but i used to get tickets all the time on my Grand Prix, which had 5% all around. They were a hassle to pay and fight. Plus, I always drove with the windows down in fear I would get another ticket. Not fun.

aleXXXps is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang