Loudest Exhaust for a 3.7 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2015, 09:19 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
You change your mufflers out every weekend? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous Lmao spend the extra $ on a good sounding exhaust

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2015, 09:31 PM   #37
rob.james.arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
You change your mufflers out every weekend? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous Lmao spend the extra $ on a good sounding exhaust

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
That's the thing, they sound great. Just loud in the car. No, I don't change them every weekend just some weekends I throw the stock exhaust back in if the family is riding with. When I do it's all of a 10 minute process. Maybe I'm just a car nut. In the past I have had multiple sets of wheels I would change depending on the weather or mood... That was much more labor intensive.

Ridiculous? Nah what's rediculous, is when I vaccum it every time it gets parked at night. Spray detailer every two to three days, tire shine every two to three days, armor all interior at least once a week. Full wash once a week, full wax once a month and the list goes on.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
That's the thing, they sound great. Just loud in the car. No, I don't change them every weekend just some weekends I throw the stock exhaust back in if the family is riding with. When I do it's all of a 10 minute process. Maybe I'm just a car nut. In the past I have had multiple sets of wheels I would change depending on the weather or mood... That was much more labor intensive.

Ridiculous? Nah what's rediculous, is when I vaccum it every time it gets parked at night. Spray detailer every two to three days, tire shine every two to three days, armor all interior at least once a week. Full wash once a week, full wax once a month and the list goes on.
But do you take your wheels off and clean and wax the insides once a month?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2015, 09:38 PM   #39
rob.james.arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
But do you take your wheels off and clean and wax the insides once a month?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Hadn't thought of it till you mentioned it. Lol adding it to the list, just ran to the garage their filthy on the inside...
Old 02-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Waxing monthly is totally unnecessary unless you get some cheap autozone wax lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
The Roush mufflers are loud, inside and out. I had them and the sound was unreal but drone was unbearable so I replaced. They also do have a bit of that raspy sound like you'd hear from a civic with a muffler on it. But when you step on it wide open, sounded amazing. If you like loud and don't mind drone, the Roush mufflers are cheap and nice looking. I've heard some on threads say the drone subsides after a couple thousand miles but I can't say for sure.
Bonsai_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:47 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
The loudest axle back exhaust set I have heard in person is the Mac Axle Back for our cars. It is definitely within the price rage at $400 new from American Muscle.

Volume level is louder than even the pype bombs. The difference is it less raspy and much deeper. I have a set I purchased from a member here that I throw on for the weekends however for daily highway travel unless you like the sound of a muscle car INSIDE your car at all rpm's and no longer wish to listen to the radio you will end up wanting something else.
lol throw on for weekends!? i can only imagine literally every weekend just getting under there and replacing exhaust...hey atleast it wouldn't rust on lol
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai_Fox View Post
The Roush mufflers are loud, inside and out. I had them and the sound was unreal but drone was unbearable so I replaced. They also do have a bit of that raspy sound like you'd hear from a civic with a muffler on it. But when you step on it wide open, sounded amazing. If you like loud and don't mind drone, the Roush mufflers are cheap and nice looking. I've heard some on threads say the drone subsides after a couple thousand miles but I can't say for sure.

The drone subsides dramatically and the sound only gets better over time unless you absolutely love raspy noise. As long as you can bear the first few months then the volume will become slightly more reasonable, and I believe the right exhaust mods can make the car one of the best sounding v6's in the end.

SR Performance CAI, Diablosport Intune bama tuner, Roush Axleback, Matte black rocker stripes.
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:19 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
The drone subsides dramatically and the sound only gets better over time unless you absolutely love raspy noise. As long as you can bear the first few months then the volume will become slightly more reasonable, and I believe the right exhaust mods can make the car one of the best sounding v6's in the end.

SR Performance CAI, Diablosport Intune bama tuner, Roush Axleback, Matte black rocker stripes.

10k on my Roush AB and they are still quieting down. I do a LOT of highway(~98%) and I never really got into the throttle as much as someone who does more city driving. The last 1000 miles I've been having a bit more fun and it keeps getting quieter. some mornings I set my cruise at 70 and I forget I have aftermarket exhaust.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Hadn't thought of it till you mentioned it. Lol adding it to the list, just ran to the garage their filthy on the inside...

A true car nut. I am with you man. Need to clean the insides and the wheel wells.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
JCALD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust