Seems some hear the water sloshing... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Seems some hear the water sloshing...

I hear it when I start the car for the first time of the day, as I'm in drive after backing out. It only seems to move from the center to the driver side behind the dash sounding like its gargling or sloshing. I don't hear it after a good 20 min drive. I am not sure what it could be. I've tried sudden braking but I cant replicate it. I will be taking it in to the dealer next week or so since it's under warranty. Just have a busy week schedule. Has anyone else had this problem, just behind the dash on the driver side?
13StangVizion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2015, 02:04 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Someone had something similar to this a while ago, can't remember the specifics but it came down to forgetting to plug something up near the firewall in the factory.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13StangVizion View Post
I hear it when I start the car for the first time of the day, as I'm in drive after backing out. It only seems to move from the center to the driver side behind the dash sounding like its gargling or sloshing. I don't hear it after a good 20 min drive. I am not sure what it could be. I've tried sudden braking but I cant replicate it. I will be taking it in to the dealer next week or so since it's under warranty. Just have a busy week schedule. Has anyone else had this problem, just behind the dash on the driver side?
I have it too! Only when I rev to around 1k in park. Its the weirdest thing.
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2015, 02:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

"Someone had something similar to this a while ago, can't remember the specifics but it came down to forgetting to plug something up near the firewall in the factory."

Ah, okay. I've read so much that it all started to jumble together. I will mention that when I take it to the dealer. I will post an update in a week or two. Appreciate the reply!
Old 01-28-2015, 02:36 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed3.7 View Post
I have it too! Only when I rev to around 1k in park. Its the weirdest thing.
Really...hmmm. I havent tried that. I will today. It seems like the coolant to being circulated but hell I don't know haha. For all it can be, water in the firewall like natestang07 suggested.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Really...hmmm. I havent tried that. I will today. It seems like the coolant to being circulated but hell I don't know haha. For all it can be, water in the firewall like natestang07 suggested.
Maybe check your cabin air filter as well. Maybe water made it's way in there somehow. I imagine there would be a smell though

Old 01-28-2015, 02:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Maybe check your cabin air filter as well. Maybe water made it's way in there somehow. I imagine there would be a smell though

I've had that issue before with my 90 GT but I dont have the smell or any leak in the cabin. I've also read on "burping" the coolant lines. I may as well just take it in and demand an answer hahaha.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:48 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I've had that issue before with my 90 GT but I dont have the smell or any leak in the cabin. I've also read on "burping" the coolant lines. I may as well just take it in and demand an answer hahaha.
It will probably be something weird that nobody can guess without getting up close lol

Old 01-28-2015, 02:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It will probably be something weird that nobody can guess without getting up close lol

LOL or from what one guy said "That's just normal" LOL
Old 01-28-2015, 02:53 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
LOL or from what one guy said "That's just normal" LOL
If they tell you that slap them and find anew dealer

Old 01-28-2015, 02:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If they tell you that slap them and find anew dealer

Will do! I'll tell them, "YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR, I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!"
Old 01-28-2015, 03:35 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Will do! I'll tell them, "YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE. GOOD DAY SIR, I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!"
Post a video of that and my week is made lol

Old 01-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
check out the other thread on it, many people have this issue.

it's apparently caused by a bad seam at the factory in the rear wheel well which allows water to get in between the exterior/interior panels and just pools up in there.

on my car, to replicate it every time, i slowly start off (letting off the clutch, giving a bit of gas) and then slam the brakes. all of this is below 5mph, but the sudden jerking motion makes the water slosh from back to front, and it sounds LOUD, like it's right behind your left ear. i hear it every time. it's definietly NOT the gas tank, which apparently some dealers were being lazy morons and saying it was, rather than doing their jobs to open up the panel to find the water pooled inside.

i'll be bringing mine in soon. i have to get my hood repainted in the middle of feb, and they'll have it for a week, so i'm gonna ask if they can fix the problem while they're doing that. they just open it up and re-seal that area/.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:22 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
check out the other thread on it, many people have this issue.

it's apparently caused by a bad seam at the factory in the rear wheel well which allows water to get in between the exterior/interior panels and just pools up in there.

on my car, to replicate it every time, i slowly start off (letting off the clutch, giving a bit of gas) and then slam the brakes. all of this is below 5mph, but the sudden jerking motion makes the water slosh from back to front, and it sounds LOUD, like it's right behind your left ear. i hear it every time. it's definietly NOT the gas tank, which apparently some dealers were being lazy morons and saying it was, rather than doing their jobs to open up the panel to find the water pooled inside.

i'll be bringing mine in soon. i have to get my hood repainted in the middle of feb, and they'll have it for a week, so i'm gonna ask if they can fix the problem while they're doing that. they just open it up and re-seal that area/.
Ah yes, I remember your thread or post. You have the bubbled hood. Sorry to hear that. Well, yesterday I tried the sudden braking but nothing. I only have the sloshing in the front driver side of the dash. Nothing behind or in the doors. It really sounds like water gargling in a pipe or hose. Seems once it is "full" it stops, usually after 20 mins. I am going to mention what you said about the seal and see if I can get pics of the inspection. Let's post what we find out from the dealer. Unfortunately I have to wait for 2-3 weeks so it will be an old post by then.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

oh that's interesting! yeah that's a new noise lol I've never heard that before. hmm.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
Old 02-01-2015, 12:28 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah I've got the slosh. Narrowed it down to the passenger quarter panel so it has to be the bad seal. I just don't really have time to let the dealer mess with it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dark_Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Pony View Post
Oh yeah I've got the slosh. Narrowed it down to the passenger quarter panel so it has to be the bad seal. I just don't really have time to let the dealer mess with it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
tried to reproduce mine last night and couldn't...but that's bc it was 15 degrees out and i'm pretty sure it's all frozen solid. ugh. so annoying lol
Old 02-01-2015, 08:40 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Mine is definitely sloshing on the passenger side behind the door it sounds like. Very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Seems some hear the water sloshing...

I haven't gone to the dealership yet but it was freezing here in Fort Worth and no sloshing. Back to 70 degrees today and the slosh is back. I gotta get this fixed while under warranty. I still only hear it directly behind the driver's dash! Puzzles me since y'all(yes TX) hear in the side panels.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:58 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

yep, I made my appointment.. it's th e Monday immediately following after i get the car back from hood repaint lol

Old 02-19-2015, 08:24 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yep, I made my appointment.. it's th e Monday immediately following after i get the car back from hood repaint lol

I still haven't made my appointment yet since I am out of town. Please let us know what it turns out to be. (Sorry for the late reply)
Old 02-19-2015, 04:17 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
Mine is definitely sloshing on the passenger side behind the door it sounds like. Very annoying.

Try opening the door and looking for the two black plastic plugs at the very bottom, on the inside. Pull those out. I'll bet water will drain out, or you'll find the holes clogged with pine needles or other debris.

Many people chuck the plugs...problem solved!
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:47 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

it's def not the doors on mine. when i open my doors and ride wiht them open, i still hear it in the rear quarter panel.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

^ Man, that sucks. Are they going to drill a hole in the lowermost part to drain out the water, then seal?
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Old 02-21-2015, 06:48 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

well, no, all you have to do from what I've seen is take the interior panel off where the seat belt connects on the floor, get a shop vac in there and suck it out. then they can seal. but who knows what my dealer will do.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
well, no, all you have to do from what I've seen is take the interior panel off where the seat belt connects on the floor, get a shop vac in there and suck it out. then they can seal. but who knows what my dealer will do.

Well, if you hear a Sawzall going, get worried.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Damn I'm dreading taking mine in! So it's freezing here in Fort Worth and I tried to hear the slosh...it's not sloshing. So the water is frozen. As soon as it gets hot, I will post again. But the car is going in on spring break. don't worry, I'm so old that spring break is just another week haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang