Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Front end swap

2K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Eric e 
#1 ·
Alright so I own a 2011 v6. I swapped it to the gt front bumper a while ago with the fog lights. Today I swapped front ends with a 2014 5.0. Swapped the bumper, hood, splash guard and all that

Day 1
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Gt front
Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive lighting Light

Today's 2014 5.0 swap
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood
Vehicle Car Family car Minivan Subcompact car

I read a lot before and everyone said it was a direct swap.. It's not..
I had to cut a few pieces so the bumper support would fit with my headlights and I still have to mess with the foam part behind the bumper since I had to swap that so it would fit but the holes didn't line up

Overall I'm satisfied though
Looks pretty aggressive now!

Katy Texas

See less See more
#2 ·
Personally I would have saved all the money you spent and spent it elsewhere, like on some new HID headlights or halos. Not those ugly stock halogens.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#7 ·
Can't beat free and a little gas money for the look you want!

Personally I like the 10-12 front ends and grille choices but the 13 and 14 rear ends. I'm about to finish my tail light and decklid swap on my 11 once my parts arrived. If I can find a 13-14 rear bumper and valance I'll likely do that as well!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#8 ·
Well free is always good lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#15 ·
You could get a 13 or 14 front bumper and brackets for cheaper than a GT500 likely. Then I've seen a surprising amount of take-off GT500 hoods on ebay.

#17 ·
Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately the lights are messing up. When I step on it the lights start to flicker and if I floor it they shut off completely.. Not sure if it's the lights or the way the shop wired everything. Im at a different shop and they are looking at it so I can see what is the problem.

Katy Texas

#18 ·
Did they put in a relay going to the battery or is it powered only by the headlight connectors?

If they're HIDs, you need a relay otherwise you'll get flicker.

#20 ·
Well my gut says they didn't put one in or wired it badly. It would make sense that it's not getting enough power under load.

#25 ·
Alright so I own a 2011 v6. I swapped it to the gt front bumper a while ago with the fog lights. Today I swapped front ends with a 2014 5.0. Swapped the bumper, hood, splash guard and all that

Day 1
View attachment 174573
Gt front
View attachment 174574
Today's 2014 5.0 swap
View attachment 174575 View attachment 174576

I read a lot before and everyone said it was a direct swap.. It's not..
I had to cut a few pieces so the bumper support would fit with my headlights and I still have to mess with the foam part behind the bumper since I had to swap that so it would fit but the holes didn't line up

Overall I'm satisfied though
Looks pretty aggressive now!

Katy Texas

I noticed your car didn't originally have fog lights, when you swapped to the gt front end and had the fogs did you buy a harness to connect them? I'm doing a front end swap as well but I'm installing the gt/cs fogs that go in the lower fascia but I'm not sure what I'd need. I have a 2012 and the only cheap kit I've found is for 13/14 and they don't include the wiring harness. Any tips or ideas? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.