Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Can Someone Explain

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Socal Stangman 
#1 ·
Im new too the whole V6 Scene why do our cars sound weird with an exhaust upgrade??

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolutions ~ Stawk

#2 ·
Sound weird in which way? Any car sounds weird with certain exhaust. Most mustangs especially on this forum sound great with upgraded exhaust! Mine by no means sounds weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#4 ·
Well as said many times, a V6 is not going to sound identical to a V8 because it simply is not. Do the right things and it can come close though. Many things can make it sound raspy or hallow. Many things can make it sound deep and aggressive. 3.7 is a great car to make it sound like you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#6 ·
The same way a 1000cc sport bike with a loud exhaust sounds sweet but a small four cylinder car with a loud exhaust sounds like the muffler got ripped off by a pothole.
Harley's sound good (to some people) but a Japanese bike with a 2 cylinder motor with a different V angle sounds like a junker.
It's also pleasant or not depending on number of cylinders or firing order, type of exhaust etc.
There a lot involved.
I'm personally not so much a fan of loud V6 exhausts. If I put Roush axle backs on my Taurus, would it sound sweet or sound like I wish it was a race car?

#10 ·
IMO, which does not matter to anyone but me, the louder and raspier the 3.7 sounds translates to sounding like crap. Hence the reason I did all my other exhaust mods before I changed mufflers.
I know 3 or 4 people that have spent from $500 to $1200 on exhaust that has sold their parts cheap to get rid of them or have them sitting in a shed somewhere because they didn't sound of perform good.

#20 ·
Hey 3point7, are you on facebook? I have a group on facebook for houston mustang owners.

#22 ·
Search this group and ask to join "Houston 2011-14 Ford Mustang Owners" . We have local meets and cruises .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.