Track apps disabled - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: dubai
Region: Other
Posts: 13
Track apps disabled

guys, i got mykey option locked and i have only one key. does that make trackapps disabled. now i dont see any options of trackapps in cluster...
slowcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-31-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Commercial Member
Regular
 
au01st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Alexandria
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 869
You may have the key that is meant to be locked out of some options. Did it only come with one? I made sure when I got mine "used" that it included two keys as I would have fought for a second key free of charge.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Have a Raxiom nav system? Hate having two antennas? Contact me to wire your nav thru your factory satellite radio antenna!

"Holy crap bro. You're a genius." - 2011 Kona Blue
au01st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
RaceRed3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Tulsa
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 227
I have the same problem. It's mykey.. You will need to get another key to disable mykey
__________________
-SOLD-13.246s@107.81 RaceRed 2013 v6 Mustang, 3.73 gears, MPT 91Race Tune, Axle-Back Straight Pipe, Tower Brace, BMR LCA's, BBK Shorty Headers, BMR Relocation Brackets, Lethal Performance X-Pipe Catless.
-2008 Civic SI...
RaceRed3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-31-2015, 07:23 PM   #4
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: dubai
Region: Other
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed3.7 View Post
I have the same problem. It's mykey.. You will need to get another key to disable mykey
I will do that then, but confused with making the duplicate key.. if I make a duplicate, it will be just a replica of the one I use now.. so it can unlock the mykey function.
slowcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: dubai
Region: Other
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by au01st View Post
You may have the key that is meant to be locked out of some options. Did it only come with one? I made sure when I got mine "used" that it included two keys as I would have fought for a second key free of charge.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. I got only one key when I purchased..
slowcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dark_Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: North Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 96
The MyKey option allows multiple "child" keys to be programmed and one "parent" key. Just like a computer administrator can set limits so can the parent. Each key has a unique RFID (I think it's that anyway) that the computer recognizes like a computer login giving you access to whatever the administrator has allowed. If the only key you've got is one of the child keys you'll have to get another one programmed as the parent. It might be possible for a Ford dealership to erase the MyKey programming but doubt they'll do it for free unless you bought it there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dark_Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:37 PM   #7
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: dubai
Region: Other
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Pony View Post
The MyKey option allows multiple "child" keys to be programmed and one "parent" key. Just like a computer administrator can set limits so can the parent. Each key has a unique RFID (I think it's that anyway) that the computer recognizes like a computer login giving you access to whatever the administrator has allowed. If the only key you've got is one of the child keys you'll have to get another one programmed as the parent. It might be possible for a Ford dealership to erase the MyKey programming but doubt they'll do it for free unless you bought it there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Good explanation
slowcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dark_Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: North Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 96
Thanks. In theory it's a good idea - but give a teenager anything with 4 wheels and they'll get into trouble regardless lol. I still remember the days...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dark_Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sync Apps not finding apps iPhone Mlarv5 Mustang Audio & Video 7 06-08-2013 11:47 PM
iPhone is disabled :( v8pony The Bar 3 03-14-2013 07:19 PM
A Show for the Disabled Vets! robesope Regional Mustang Discussion 0 06-08-2012 04:19 AM
2013 Mustang to get "Track Apps" LCD display Beav General Mustang Discussion 4 10-05-2011 08:42 PM
Disabled people & performance sports vehicles..?? zachary General Car Discussion 10 03-24-2010 04:05 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:32 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.