Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Please translate

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  kaper232 
#1 ·
you can flash the 2010 GT computer a million times without leaving a fingerprint. The fingerprints started in 2011

*** please translate the above ***

I am worried that it means what I think it does, for my waranty.

#2 ·
It means if you blow it up and they really want to see if you tuned it, they can. You gotta pay to play. Of course they have to prove it was the tune.

#6 ·
It means if you blow it up and they really want to see if you tuned it, they can. You gotta pay to play. Of course they have to prove it was the tune.
Nooooo, actually YOU have to prove and fight and claw and scratch that it WASNT the tune.
All they have to do is say NO, we're not fixing it unless you pay. AND they won't!! Until YOU can force them to by countless phone calls, emails and wasted time.
The dealerships don't have to prove squat, you do.

#4 ·
Well, not really "void" your warranty but make it difficult. If you tune it and your tranny blows up they will fix it. If you have engine problems and they show a lean condition, they will fight that. It's a slippery slope...if you do something like a tune you should prepare yourself that you might have to fight with them a bit. The burden of proof is on them.

#8 ·
Well, both of you are kinda right. The Moss - Magnuson Act protects us from these lazy cheap dealers denying warranty work unless they can "prove" an aftermarket part caused the problem. Well, if you've ever had to deal with one of these dealers and getting warranty work without the added hurdle you know regardless of the law it's an uphill battle for you. All I can say is do your homework and be prepared to pull out the big guns and take it as far as you have to.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#10 ·
They laugh at the Magnusson moss act! Because for it to have ANY teeth, they would need to lose in court first.
What do you do when you're at the dealer and they look right at you and keep saying NO it's void. Wave the Magnuson Moss act in front of them? Call the police? They'll both tell you to hire a lawyer if you think you're right.
So then you pay a lawyer, your car sits untouched for months.....
Meanwhile the dealership is documenting the hell out of why your mod or tune directly or indirectly contributed to the mechanical problem. ( they're very good at this)
Wanna play? You are gonna pay.

#9 ·
They only have to prove it to the judge after you take them to court. Short of that would be a sincere and convincing threat to do so.

#12 ·
The Magnusson moss act does provide for you to recover all your court expenses "IF" you win.

#13 ·
Thanks.

Reality check complete.

Tune will prevail :)

#14 ·
Yeah its sad but true. Even SEMA looses against those fools. But if your tune does some type of damage most likely it was done wrong right? I've never had one done because I've always been leery of fighting a uphill battle with a dealership.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.