New 3.7 axleback available - Trident Motorsports - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #36
Come join the murder

Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttran View Post
do you like it better than your last set up?
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2015, 09:40 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
New 3.7 axleback available - Trident Motorsports

As more time has passed, just wondering if anyone else has tried these. eBay has them for $379. Not buying them, just interested if anyone else popped for them.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2015, 06:20 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
As more time has passed, just wondering if anyone else has tried these. eBay has them for $379. Not buying them, just interested if anyone else popped for them.

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
I thought about getting them but they raised the price and I found some Roush axle backs for $300 on Craigslist. So I jumped on those, they only had a couple hundred miles on them according to the seller.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:58 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I'm probably the only one who took a chance and bought them when they were cheaper. I love them.

Sent from my Mustang.
iantrusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:22 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by iantrusive View Post
I'm probably the only one who took a chance and bought them when they were cheaper. I love them.

Sent from my Mustang.
Keep us posted if any issues should arise.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:24 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

You got it!

Sent from my Mustang.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #42

Region: Mississippi
Hey guys. I saw this thread and joined just to add my personal experience with this exhaust system and the company that sells them on ebay for the benefit of anyone considering Trident.

I was looking for a nice sounding system that wasn't raspy or obnoxious and listened to just about every sound clip out there for a 3.7 system. I had just about decided on a Magnaflow Competition with the quad tips with plans for Long tubes and an OR pipe later on. Then I happened to come across TTRANS video (nice to meet you!) as well as the few other clips on Youtube and decided to give them a shot becasue I really liked the way they sounded and were half the price of the Magnaflow.

I did a few searches and checked their ratings in ebay and all looked very good and they had finish and tip options that include black finish and either rolled tips or thick walled tips. I messaged Mark at ImproveMotorsports and he was very prompt and knowledgeable and I decided on the polished system with the thick walled tips. Shipping was free and they arrived in just a few days.

Once I took them out of the box I was blown away by the quality of materials and the welds were excellent. Installation was easy and everything fit perfectly. I had also purchased a BAMA tuner and dropped a 93 Street tune on it at the same time to take advantage of the CAI and better flowing exhaust. The first time I started it I couldn't get over how good it sounded. The note on start up is deep and it reminds me a lot of the way my Flowmasters sounded on my beloved Fox 5.0 back in the day.

I have had them on now for about 3 months now and have racked up a few thousand miles on them and I can say that they only sound better and better and has actually gotten a little deeper. I was under my car just yesterday and the finish still looks great and I plan on taking the tips off (nice feature) to polish them on a bench polisher.

I have done a few other mods such as 3.73 gears and am now using a 93R tune and I just love how they sound and I take every chance I get to roll down my windows just to hear them echo in my parking garage at work and at almost every overpass! I get so many compliments and amazed gapes when I tell people it's a V6. If you drive a manual and shift around 3000rpm they are deep and give a little pop between shifts and it 'gurgles' when downshifting and sounds downright evil in combination with my CAI close to redline! It sounds more like a V12 than a V6 and I have gotten more than one 'what the hell do you have in that thing??' from folks that I surprised off of a redlight. At the same time, if you stay low in the revs, you can slip past LEOs without a second look or sneak into your neighborhood late at night without your neighbors hating you. Drone is minimal on the highway with the stock 2.73s but with the 3.73s I actually like the way it sounds just cruising along with that sound of the pipes.

In conclusion, I have been very pleased with my purchase of this system and the fit, finish materials, welds and sound quality are on par with systems that cost twice as much. I would purchase them again and have recommended them to a few people already. I plan on making a few videos as most of the ones I have seen are on automatic cars and it really has a different personality in a stick car. I would be glad to answer any questions. Thanks and I'm glad to be on Mustang Evolution!
Kona_MCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:42 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona_MCA View Post
Hey guys. I saw this thread and joined just to add my personal experience with this exhaust system and the company that sells them on ebay for the benefit of anyone considering Trident.

I was looking for a nice sounding system that wasn't raspy or obnoxious and listened to just about every sound clip out there for a 3.7 system. I had just about decided on a Magnaflow Competition with the quad tips with plans for Long tubes and an OR pipe later on. Then I happened to come across TTRANS video (nice to meet you!) as well as the few other clips on Youtube and decided to give them a shot becasue I really liked the way they sounded and were half the price of the Magnaflow.

I did a few searches and checked their ratings in ebay and all looked very good and they had finish and tip options that include black finish and either rolled tips or thick walled tips. I messaged Mark at ImproveMotorsports and he was very prompt and knowledgeable and I decided on the polished system with the thick walled tips. Shipping was free and they arrived in just a few days.

Once I took them out of the box I was blown away by the quality of materials and the welds were excellent. Installation was easy and everything fit perfectly. I had also purchased a BAMA tuner and dropped a 93 Street tune on it at the same time to take advantage of the CAI and better flowing exhaust. The first time I started it I couldn't get over how good it sounded. The note on start up is deep and it reminds me a lot of the way my Flowmasters sounded on my beloved Fox 5.0 back in the day.

I have had them on now for about 3 months now and have racked up a few thousand miles on them and I can say that they only sound better and better and has actually gotten a little deeper. I was under my car just yesterday and the finish still looks great and I plan on taking the tips off (nice feature) to polish them on a bench polisher.

I have done a few other mods such as 3.73 gears and am now using a 93R tune and I just love how they sound and I take every chance I get to roll down my windows just to hear them echo in my parking garage at work and at almost every overpass! I get so many compliments and amazed gapes when I tell people it's a V6. If you drive a manual and shift around 3000rpm they are deep and give a little pop between shifts and it 'gurgles' when downshifting and sounds downright evil in combination with my CAI close to redline! It sounds more like a V12 than a V6 and I have gotten more than one 'what the hell do you have in that thing??' from folks that I surprised off of a redlight. At the same time, if you stay low in the revs, you can slip past LEOs without a second look or sneak into your neighborhood late at night without your neighbors hating you. Drone is minimal on the highway with the stock 2.73s but with the 3.73s I actually like the way it sounds just cruising along with that sound of the pipes.

In conclusion, I have been very pleased with my purchase of this system and the fit, finish materials, welds and sound quality are on par with systems that cost twice as much. I would purchase them again and have recommended them to a few people already. I plan on making a few videos as most of the ones I have seen are on automatic cars and it really has a different personality in a stick car. I would be glad to answer any questions. Thanks and I'm glad to be on Mustang Evolution!

Would you recommend them for an auto as well?

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:47 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

I've had them on for a while and I feel the same way. I'm in love with them. Nice deep rumble and the backfire pop when I shift gears sounds nasty, in a good way of course.

Sent from my Mustang.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:52 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
How does it sound compared to a Roush a/b?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
RavenEffekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:30 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Would you recommend them for an auto as well?

1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
They sound great on the autos from what I can tell from the sound clips on youtube but they don't do the sound of the real thing justice. You won't get as much of the 'pop and gurgle' unless you use the autostick a lot but I don't think you can go wrong with this system, especially for the price.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:59 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenEffekt View Post
How does it sound compared to a Roush a/b?

I thought about the Roush but they were WAY too loud and raspy and I knew when I added the long tubes and off road shorty later on it would be completely obnoxious and attract more attention than a 40+ year old guy needed. They have a much deeper musclecar tone at idle and when shifting below 3000rpm. When you get it above that it takes on this guttural growl and has a nasty, almost exotic howl close to redline. At the same time, you can short shift it and it won't arouse any undue attention from law enforcement.

I have had a lot of V8 guys compliment me on how they sound and I even had to pop the hood once to prove that it was just a V6. I don't pretend that its a V8 but it's surprising for what it is.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #48
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I ordered a set last Thursday on advice of Kona_MCA and the others on this thread. The mailman, yes the mailman brought them Saturday (I live in north Texas). Inspected them thoroughly and as a mechanical engineer can vouch for their apparent quality. Had them installed by my muffler guy yesterday for $50. He said the fit was awesome with no mods required. So far they are pretty quiet but louder than stock. Best way to describe the sound is like that of the current crop of F1 cars. For those who don't follow F1, they run V6s.
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:14 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Thanks Kona and everyone else for there comments on these axle backs. With your trial and experience I will be ordering these myself..Have a great day..

PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:12 AM   #50
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Bigmac, what mods do you have? I am putting LT headers, and an H-pipe with kooks Highflow cats attached, how do you think it would sound with that combo? Also since I have a white mustang, that will have black stripes and accents at a later date, would the black tips or the polished look better?
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:08 AM   #51
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard3600 View Post
Bigmac, what mods do you have? I am putting LT headers, and an H-pipe with kooks Highflow cats attached, how do you think it would sound with that combo? Also since I have a white mustang, that will have black stripes and accents at a later date, would the black tips or the polished look better?

This is the first exhaust mod that I've done. I have a CAI, a 93R tune and 3.73 gears. I just ordered rear lowering springs to level the car. As of now, don't plan on doing much more. I would only be guessing as to how yours would sound but from what I've read, you are going in the right direction. As for the looks, I would not comment because that is much too personal of a choice. My choice would be dark blue stripes with chrome tips, but then I'm old.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:19 AM   #52
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Did you put the gears in your self or had them put in? I am wanting some, if you did have them put in how much did your shop charge? And, it is a hard decision, I am going to have mine look similar to whitelightnings, mine will be my own version of course, but I am also going for the "Boss 227" look because, lets just be honest, it looks awesome!
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:31 AM   #53
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Did you put the gears in your self or had them put in? I am wanting some, if you did have them put in how much did your shop charge? And, it is a hard decision, I am going to have mine look similar to whitelightnings, mine will be my own version of course, but I am also going for the "Boss 227" look because, lets just be honest, it looks awesome!
I had them installed by a shop. It was $350 and worth every cent because they furnished the fluids. Because of the bearing adjustments, it's not a job for a shade tree mechanic. I bought a new gear set off of this forum along with an installation kit for the price of just the gears alone. Turns out I didn't need the bearing kit. I'm going to use it on my '02 when I change them soon. Shop around as there are varying prices different shops charge.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:34 AM   #54
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I will probably have my local dyno shop install them then, when I get my Dyno tune from them. They are an almost exclusive Mustang Dyno shop.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:44 AM   #55
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
I will probably have my local dyno shop install them then, when I get my Dyno tune from them. They are an almost exclusive Mustang Dyno shop.
My best price quote was from a performance diesel truck shop. I live in Texas and they do trucks here like hot rods in California. Just so happened that the owner is also a Mustang guy. They have become my go-to shop for anything too big or heavy for me, which nowadays is almost everything.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:52 AM   #56
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I will probably order these Friday, I just don't know whether to go polished or black, I will go with the rolled tips either way, I like those the best.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:32 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I think i'm gonna give these a shot. Does anyone have the black finish? i would love to see pictures. I have a red candy with black wheels and other black accents and wonder if they would look cool or tacky.
potvins cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:45 AM   #58
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by potvins cups View Post
I think i'm gonna give these a shot. Does anyone have the black finish? i would love to see pictures. I have a red candy with black wheels and other black accents and wonder if they would look cool or tacky.
Yea, I was thinking about the black myself, I have an Oxford White, and will have black accents later, but right now its just plain, so I don't know how well the black will go with it.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:49 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Wow.....listening to some other YouTube clips these really do seem to sound nice!
Old 05-24-2015, 01:05 AM   #60
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Yea they do,and for the price you really cant go wrong. I cant wait to order my set next week, when I get paid, I will probably go ahead and install them before I put on my LT headers and Hpipe to see how it sounds before and after. If I do I'll be sure to make a vid of it.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:36 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Nice. Looking forward to hearing it!
Old 05-27-2015, 04:19 PM   #62
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Ordered this today! Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Axle Back Exhaust System Hopefully it wont take too long for me to get it!
Old 05-27-2015, 04:21 PM   #63
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Ordered this today! Ford Mustang 3.7L V6 Axle Back Exhaust System Hopefully it wont take too long for me to get it!
At the rate mine came, you should have them by Saturday.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:22 PM   #64
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

I hope so! I am going to put them on my stock exhaust for now, I will be adding my LT and catted Hpipes to it soon, I will make sure to do an exhaust vid comparing the two.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:00 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPa View Post
Thanks Kona and everyone else for there comments on these axle backs. With your trial and experience I will be ordering these myself..Have a great day..

I'm glad that you guys were able to get some good info!

I have a very similar build list as BIGMAC and I am an experienced technician and saved myself some coin by doing my gears myself and I can definitely recommend getting someone to do them as getting them wrong can leave you stranded on the side of the road with a very expensive repair and tow bill. I have done 20-30 gear jobs during my time in a Mustang and Ford performance shop and I got the bundle deal from AM that included the BAMA tuner, Motorsport 3.73 gears, installation kit which included the bearings, crush sleeve, nut and fluids for $620 and the change was night and day! It was like a completely different car and really made the Trident sound meaner since it winds up so quickly and I have gotten quite a few compliments on how good it sounds from V8 guys.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I too have these on my wife's car and love em. I did post a YouTube vid but it's really short. No disappointments with these, especially for the price. They look and sound really good!

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:13 PM   #67
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Really? What is your channel name? I still have a few things I need to pick up before I can install my LT headers, so that may be a month or more out, but at least I can break them in a little first anyway.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:31 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Try this

http://youtu.be/SdJmVJ4llyk
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:06 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Mine are supposed to be coming tomorrow I'll post a vid if I install tomorrow

potvins cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #70
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Ok yall, I FINALLY got my tridents installed and all I can say is WOW, they are amazing! Worth every penny I paid! I am putting together some exhaust clips now, they will be 4 separate vids 2 of stock and 2 of the tridents, sorry I am not good with editing stuff nor do I have any software that does it. But as soon as they are ready I will post the links of them here for yall to check out for your selves!

Stock Rev

Trident Rev

Stock Drive Along

Trident Drive along

Sorry if quality is kind of crappy its from an Iphone, Watch in 1080p and up for best sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang