New 3.7 axleback available - Trident Motorsports - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Love the sound! I'm sold. Thanks for the vids!

Sent from my XT1096 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2015, 09:22 PM   #72
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Stang View Post
Love the sound! I'm sold. Thanks for the kids!

Sent from my XT1096 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Lol you are very welcome!
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2015, 11:32 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Looks like im gonna have to switch out my MBRP mufflers for these..Im looking for a little more rumble rumble as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
AznGuyNamedEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:37 AM   #74
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

When you get on it, I swear it sounds like some sort of super car screaming down the road, but it also has a good rumble at idle and from 1.5k-3k after that is where you get the super car sound. This weekend I will be putting on the Long tube headers and High flow catted Hpipe, and I am fairly certain it will be even deeper. I do have to say it is louder than I expected, but not distastefully so.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:41 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Stangste View Post
I put them on my 2014 and the quality is excellent and sound great. Did not need to make any
modifications, they were a perfect fit! Better hurry, the price is fixing to go up by forty bucks..
How much louder are they over the stock exhaust? Louder at idle and 1200 rpm?
racemamxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Just ordered a set yesterday. Should arrive by Wednesday. Can't wait to install them. There are sound clips from inside the car on YouTube. They appear to sound great from inside and out!
Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

It's on the truck to be delivered to my house today! That is super quick!
Old 08-20-2015, 05:29 PM   #78

Region: Texas
Hello all! My name is Kevin and I am one of the co-founders of Trident Motorsports. I wanted to register here and thank you all for the kind words and let you all know that we understand where you all are coming from. We are a new company to the Mustang world, but rest assured that Ray and I have been in the automotive scene for over 10 years in exactly your shoes as consumers. That is where we draw our experiences both good and bad and apply it in our business.

We are very happy that you all are so satisfied with the Trident Motorsports axle-back's. Ray (RayTrident) and I are both available for questions if any members have any.

Kevin
kevnTrident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:55 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Welcome Kevin! I have a question: will/do you make these for the 5.0?
Old 08-20-2015, 06:02 PM   #80
Kevin.Cook

I would almost be tempted to buy a set for my 2011 if the muffler tips weren't separate pieces and if the website had more stuff. Like a sound clip/video and a better pic to compare the thick walled tips vs rolled tips.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:43 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
They look very well built and listening to all the sound clips they sound real nice when i'm ready to buy these are the ones
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Hello Kevin!
Old 08-20-2015, 09:52 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
Welcome Kevin! I have a question: will/do you make these for the 5.0?
Thanks! We have some things in the works for the 5.0 as well
Old 08-20-2015, 10:17 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post
I would almost be tempted to buy a set for my 2011 if the muffler tips weren't separate pieces and if the website had more stuff. Like a sound clip/video and a better pic to compare the thick walled tips vs rolled tips.
Kevin, we welcome the feedback. I do not feel embedding a video on the website is absolutely necessary as most people will reference youtube for videos already. Videos also do not properly represent any exhaust accurately in my opinion as well because of pure video and audio compression loss. I can have some videos embedded though. Regarding close-up photos of the exhaust tips, I can try to gather some, but it's difficult to get the full look as there are shadows, but I'll try my best. I have a good shot of the thick wall tips I can edit and get up tomorrow. Unfortunately, because of the design of this system and the Mustang itself, we wanted to make sure that absolutely accurate fitment could be achieved by allowing adjustments in the ball joint as well as tip extensions. We know there are some difficulties with aligning the tips with so many pieces that could play a factor in affecting the overall fitment and alignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
They look very well built and listening to all the sound clips they sound real nice when i'm ready to buy these are the ones
Be sure to let us know. We have some updated prices and inventory on the website now: Trident Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Stang View Post
Hello Kevin!
Hello! Thanks for the welcome!
Old 08-21-2015, 02:24 AM   #85
Kevin.Cook

Understandable. Its just that, most people that install them, have longtubes or some sort of other exhaust mod. I wanted to hear what they sound on a fully stock Mustang. I will continue to search...
Old 08-21-2015, 05:42 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Kevin, check out my post in the other trident thread. If you still want a video, I'll put something together this week.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:47 AM   #87

Quote:
Understandable. Its just that, most people that install them, have longtubes or some sort of other exhaust mod. I wanted to hear what they sound on a fully stock Mustang. I will continue to search...
Kevin, definitely understand what you mean with the other mods affecting the change of only the axle-back's. If Ron could put one together I will definitely add it to the site. Our test vehicle in Dallas was not stock, so like you, I didn't believe it was representative of the axle-back only upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb427r View Post
Kevin, check out my post in the other trident thread. If you still want a video, I'll put something together this week.
That would be great, Ron. No need to rush. If you have free time, that would be awesome.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey Kevin, I just installed them and can assure you the fit was perfect, though the rest of my system is stock. Put the clamp on top so it is not visible at all.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:42 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Just saw this thread and was about to pull the trigger on some Borla stypes. How would you rate the sound of these compared to them... deepness at idle, 4k, and WOT db's ?
Ppkonablue12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 04:39 AM   #90
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppkonablue12 View Post
Just saw this thread and was about to pull the trigger on some Borla stypes. How would you rate the sound of these compared to them... deepness at idle, 4k, and WOT db's ?
Deeper IMHO than the Borla. Less of the tin can sound that all V6s make on WOT. There is a spot around 2k where drone comes into play. On my car with 2.73s I'm able to avoid it by increasing or decreasing speed a hair. I was looking very hard at the Ford Racing Sport (Borla Sport and Touring with Ford badging) and ended up going with these mainly due to price almost half of Ford Racing/Borlas after a tremendous amount of obsessing about it. I don't regret it for one second. Here are a few sound bytes. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgD...wMBzmSvRN7Ng_g
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, Performance Package: Roush Quarter Window Scoops; Roush Jackal Rear Spoiler; Modded GT Wire Mesh Grilles; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Steeda IRS Differential Urethane Bushings; Mishimoto Oil Separator; MAPerformance CAI; MBRP XP Catbacks; Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors; BAMA 93R Tune; Royal Purple juice in everything!
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:12 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Less of the tin can sound that all V6s make on WOT.]
No tin can sound at any RPM or throttle pressure with Magnaflow Streets. I know this thread isn't about them, just wanted to throw out there that the 3.7 doesn't have to sound like a tin can at any point.

GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:56 AM   #92
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
No tin can sound at any RPM or throttle pressure with Magnaflow Streets. I know this thread isn't about them, just wanted to throw out there that the 3.7 doesn't have to sound like a tin can at any point.

I agree. The Street series are great. I had those on my last 2011 3.7. I will admit though, they didn't make the car AS loud as some others would have. One of the cool things I liked about them was how Magnaflow had their name on the muffler tips.

But back on the Trident ABs......

I got my 2011 back finally and will be attempting to install my set this weekend. I need to open the box and make sure the muffler tips fit ok on the mufflers this time. Work has kept me so busy I have no had time to mess with them.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #93

Quote:
I agree. The Street series are great. I had those on my last 2011 3.7. I will admit though, they didn't make the car AS loud as some others would have. One of the cool things I liked about them was how Magnaflow had their name on the muffler tips.

But back on the Trident ABs......

I got my 2011 back finally and will be attempting to install my set this weekend. I need to open the box and make sure the muffler tips fit ok on the mufflers this time. Work has kept me so busy I have no had time to mess with them.
Kevin, glad you got them in. The guy's did find there was a slight difference in the clamps on the new batch that came in, so there shouldn't be an issue now. Do let me know if you run into anything when you open them up.

Kevin
Old 10-07-2015, 12:41 PM   #94
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevnTrident View Post
Kevin, glad you got them in. The guy's did find there was a slight difference in the clamps on the new batch that came in, so there shouldn't be an issue now. Do let me know if you run into anything when you open them up.

Kevin
Will do. If I open the box and they happen to be protectively wrapped with $100 bills, I won't tell anyone
Old 10-07-2015, 01:29 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Are these louder then Borla Stype?
Old 10-08-2015, 07:53 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Well just ordered my Tridents... this will be my first aftermarket exhaust, I already have BBK shorties on, so I hope it's not too loud- but I want that kick *** sound I have heard on the Youtube videos. The Stype and these both sounded amazing... price difference is huge so I hope I made the right choice. Hell... I guess for $350 from the Trident site you can't go wrong. If I don't like them you take a $50 loss selling them...
Old 10-08-2015, 08:01 AM   #97
Kevin.Cook

Well most people who go for the S Types aren't really aiming for loud as much as they are a deep rumble type sound.

These might be a mix of both. But probably not AS deep as the S Types.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:36 AM   #98
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Quote:
Well most people who go for the S Types aren't really aiming for loud as much as they are a deep rumble type sound.

These might be a mix of both. But probably not AS deep as the S Types.
That is a pretty accurate statement, it is more of a "European Sounding" exhaust than the deeper sounding Borla S types. Though because I have lt headers I have a rasp I am trying to find an answer to, I am going to try this one last exhaust combination, together before I switch to the Borla mufflers. I will be using a Mac prochamber, magnaflow 2.5 cats,vibrant 14" resonators, and a 2.5 overaxle. I already have Mac lt headers, 3"cats, 2.25 xpipe and over axle stock to the tridents. I am hoping the new set up will be the 4 times a charm for me, if not I will have to move to somthing deeper. I loved my tridents, but the long tube headers, make it sound ricer like in the 3k-4k rpm range, and I don't really like that.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:39 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Kevin. I couldn't get Trident to give me a loudness comparison with the borla... They just referred me to the forums. Seems like these companies would have a decibel sound rating charts
Old 10-08-2015, 08:44 AM   #100
Kevin.Cook

If I were to guess, I would say they are over 9000.......ba dum, chhhhhh.

No? Not funny?

Well after this weekend, I SHOULD have a comparison video between the two for everyone. Unless an act of God keeps me from driving my car to my wife's uncles so I can get it on a lift to do everything Saturday.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

No worries I'm used to pissing my neighbors off... My Las "car" was a boat with twin V8's with straight pipes - musical

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

No worries I'm used to pissing my neighbors off... My Las "car" was a boat with twin V8's with straight pipes - musical 😊
Old 10-08-2015, 05:32 PM   #102
Kevin.Cook

Alright got some good news. Got my replacement set of Axle backs from Trident and the clamps secured the tips to the mufflers really tight. So I should be good for the install this Saturday.

Gonna see if Kevin can price me out just a set of rolled tips in case I want to swap later on.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:00 PM   #103
Evolution's Finest

Supporter

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Gonna see if Kevin can price me out just a set of rolled tips in case I want to swap later on.
Let me know on that too please brother.
Hampton CIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:08 PM   #104
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton CIT View Post
Let me know on that too please brother.

Will do! Still waiting for him to get back at me with numbers. Hopefully just the tips wont be like $100. Lol!
Old 10-10-2015, 11:04 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Ordered my Tridents, should have them by Wednesday. I will say I'm a bit irritated by the response I got from Trident . I messaged them here and emailed them asking a simple question: " are they louder than Stype's" I figure they're selling V6 exhaust they should know this. This is the first response :

"As we personally have not had a V6, we cannot speak from personal experience. I defer to the responses on the thread that should give you better insight to the sound.

Sorry for that.

Kevin
__________________ "

I would consider that pretty " vague" especially from a company who right now ONLY sells V6 exhaust! So I look at all the forum posts here and the Youtube review and no one really says( or I missed it), but on youtube one guy compares them to Borla Touring. So I purchase... then I get this response from my email to Trident:

"Austin, I apologize for the delay getting back to you, my email client has been acting up and my IT guy just resolved the issue.

I would say that the aggressiveness of our exhausts is similar to the Atak series of mufflers from Borla. You won't have to shout to hold a conversation at highway speeds but when you floor the car the exhaust note is not subtle. There are a lot of videos of our product on YouTube, if you'd like to check them out just search Trident Motorsports.

Shipping should be 3-5 days to your location, processing on our end is typically either same day or the next business day depending on when you order.

I see that you placed an order with us, if I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
Ray
Trident Motorsports

Dallas, TX "

So it looks like I just got something that compares not to the Touring or Stype, but the Atak's. Thanks Kevin...

I'm going to try them, but if they are that loud, will feel OK to send them back so I can get the Stypes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang